PDA

View Full Version : Favorite resort to explore?

ANG
10-05-2012, 09:21 AM
What is your favorite resort to explore (not necessarily stay in)?

Besides the pools, we're looking for a resort or 2 to look around during our first night in WDW.

buzznwoodysmom
10-05-2012, 09:52 AM
WL is one of my favorite resorts to explore! There are many small nooks to explore and it just feels warm and inviting. We like to head over to the lobby in the villas as well. Lots of cool stuff to look at in there. My hubby and oldest son always find their way to the checkers table, while youngest son and I like to relaxe at one of the fireplaces.

I also enjoy spending a few hours on the monorail loop. You can get off at each resort to shop, eat, drink, or just look around. And the monorail is fun just to ride around on.

Another place we like to go is the Epcot loop. Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk are all an easy walk. And there's always some sort of fun entertainment happening on the boardwalk.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is yet another resort we enjoy exploring. You can view the animals on the savannah, and the resort is rich in details. Love it there!

faline
10-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Not in any particular order, we enjoy Wilderness Lodge, the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Poly, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I haven't seen it but hope to get over to Art of Animation in the near future.

SBETigg
10-05-2012, 11:13 AM
AKL is one of my favorites to explore. I also really like the GF and Polynesian. I always feel a little overwhelmed at the Contemporary. The Epcot area resorts don't really do it for me, for staying or exploring. I have yet to really explore the Wilderness Lodge, but I think that would be a fun one to poke around, too.

joonyer
10-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I also loved exploring Wilderness Lodge when we stayed there. So many nooks and crannies, halls and passageways, and I loved the rustic style. Very cool.

bruin1344
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
WL is one of my favorite resorts to explore! There are many small nooks to explore and it just feels warm and inviting. We like to head over to the lobby in the villas as well. Lots of cool stuff to look at in there. My hubby and oldest son always find their way to the checkers table, while youngest son and I like to relaxe at one of the fireplaces.

I also enjoy spending a few hours on the monorail loop. You can get off at each resort to shop, eat, drink, or just look around. And the monorail is fun just to ride around on.

Another place we like to go is the Epcot loop. Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk are all an easy walk. And there's always some sort of fun entertainment happening on the boardwalk.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is yet another resort we enjoy exploring. You can view the animals on the savannah, and the resort is rich in details. Love it there!

I agree with your statements about WL, Monorail resorts, and Epcot loop but never been to AKL. WL and GF were my favorites to explore

Gator
10-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Animal Kingdom is great, but I really loved meandering through the Polynesian. Very, very hawaiian, and then coming out to the beach and seeing the castle at MK made it great.

Lindsey310
10-05-2012, 03:35 PM
We make it a point to stop at the following when we visit WDW: wilderness lodge, the Floridian, polynesian, animal kingdom lodge, and the boardwalk and beach club. :mickey3:

Simba's Mom
10-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Our favorite to explore is also the Animal Kingdom Lodge, that's partially why it's one of my favorites to stay at. Another one I love to explore (but not stay at) is the Grand Floridian.

darthmacho
10-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there in 1998, and we've visited it on every other trip since. Absolutely love to explore it and always stay for dinner.

brownie
10-06-2012, 12:00 PM
My bride and I really enjoyed walking around the Animal Kingdom Lodge back in August. We'd like to do some more exploring there and even stay there on a future trip.

BrerGnat
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
For me, personally, Wilderness Lodge. Since you're staying at WL, you can easily board a boat from WL to Contemporary, then explore all three monorail resorts!

My kids really loved exploring Pop Century and the Art of Animation. My son is VERY into Rubik's cube, computers and Pac Man, so he was on cloud 9 at the 80's and 90's sections of Pop. He loved being able to climb INSIDE a Rubik's Cube. It's one of his favorite "things" from our recent Disney Cruise vacation. :rolleyes:

I would add that if you have young kids (which I know you do), All Star Movies is also a great one to explore if they know some of the classic movie characters.

Tink#64
10-08-2012, 01:17 AM
On our last few trips we've chosen 1 new resort to explore & we've thoroughly enjoyed each one! We also try to have dinner there as well as browsing (purchasing :blush:) in their gift shops! We've enjoyed The Wilderness Lodge, AK Lodge, Poly, GF & The Contemporary, but our fav is probably The Boardwalk Resort, we've made several trips there for dinner, shopping, browsing the shops & galleries & enjoyed the live entertainment! :thumbsup: Looking forward to walking across the bridge from Pop & checking out the new AoA on our trip next June!

EeyoresBestFriend
10-09-2012, 10:17 PM
We always enjoy snooping around AKL as well. We have also checked out most of the other resorts including Wilderness Lodge, Floridian and Poly.

This time our snoop was through the Art of Animation and we were really impressed with the level of detail they put into it. It'll be cool to see in about 5 years or so, once the landscaping has had time to mature.

I don't think we'd ever stay at any of the resorts we have looked at other than Jambo House. Maybe. My heart still belongs to my home near the river. . . :cloud9:

RavsRuleDisney!
10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
i love doing the explorer thing and of the several resorts we have been fortunate to stay at i would lean towards the WL - like other said lots of nooks & crannies, outside areas, overall ambience. the poly also gets high marks for 'snooping around' :secret:

jnfr2424
10-10-2012, 04:06 PM
We just got back and I absolutely loved exploring AoA! It was the most cutest resort I have seen in a while. the amount of detail put into that resort is amazing!! Loved it so much we went back twice during our visit.
Now I am trying to see if I can either extend a stay or visit earlier just to spend a night there!

BigRedDad
10-11-2012, 09:42 AM
I like Boardwalk. The only reason I say that is they have some of the old Main Street attractions in there: the penny hand crank movies. Just brings back old memories of when I went in the 70s.

Crow
10-11-2012, 12:25 PM
seems like the above comments cover it..
depends on how you will b getting around.
WL is def my fav. you can even walk to FW thru the woods. but if its nightime prob not..
the monorail loop is a good idea too.
AOA was neat to see the details, easy walk across the bridge from POP