PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock

MissMaryPoppins
10-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Does anyone watch the BBC's "Sherlock"? I kept reading about how great it is so I watched the first episode on Netflix. I thought it was really good and can see myself getting into it. Sherlock himself gives me the creeps but he's an interesting character, so is Watson and it'll be cool to see their characters develop. Anyway, I'm happy to have something new to add to my nerd TV watching.

WRWDisney
10-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I've watched the first season and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2. The good news for you catching up is that each season only contains three episodes; so, five more and you are caught up. The flip-side of this is that in a short period of time, you will be chomping-at-the-bit fore season three to make its way across the "pond".

Only small challenge to watching this series is the time commitment. Each episode is about 90 minutes, where the average American hour long is less than 45 minutes.

Enjoyhttp://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

bleukarma
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I only have one episode left of the second series. It's a good show, very well thought out! I do admit that I had to turn off episode 3 of the first series because it creeped me out. But the rest of the episodes have been good.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-08-2012, 01:39 PM
One of my favorite series. British tv with Downton Abbey, Sherlock and Copper (as examples) are really turning out some great tv.

Only two series have aired (6 episodes - 7 if you count the pilot that was redone and you can see it as a special feature on the dvd) and I don't think season 3 has aired or been filmed yet. So we may be looking at late 2013 before we see anything over here for the 3rd season.

The show is really written well. One of the things that I like is that they pay a lot of homage to the original stories, sometimes subtle and sometimes not so much. In one episode Holmes is rejecting case after case after case, but takes one (they don't show it) but Watson calls it the case of the Geek Interpreters (they were computer nerds) but it was a play on an original Doyle story title called "The Greek Interpreter".

One of the shows creators, Stephen Moffat, also created one of my favorite comedy shows, called Coupling. Hilarious show, sort of a Friends meets Seinfeld, with great writing.

Season 2 ends on a cliff-hanger, which if you are familiar with the original Holmes cannon, you can kind of guess what it might be, but I won't spoil it, but it will be interesting to see how it gets resolved.

On a side note, Martin Freeman, who plays Watson, will be Bilbo Baggins in the upcoming Hobbit movie, and Benedict Cumberbatch who plays Holmes will do the voice of the dragon Smaug in the same movie.

Anyway, invest the time and watch the entire 6 episodes, its worth it.

TheVBs
10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I've watched all 6 episodes and loved them! Sherlock to a little bit of getting used to, but I've really grown to like him.

MissMaryPoppins
10-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I finished the first season and the last episode was pretty creepy. Moriarty is really spooky!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I finished the first season and the last episode was pretty creepy. Moriarty is really spooky!

You ain't seen nothing yet:secret:

DNS
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
My 14 year old niece loves all things British and watches BBC a lot. She got me interested in Sherlock, but I have only watched the first season. She wants me to watch the episodes with her, even though she has seen them all, and we just got started in the summer.

MissMaryPoppins
10-29-2012, 07:10 PM
So I finished "Sherlock" this morning and that ending is torture! I'm so interested in seeing how the whole thing is explained. I read somewhere that there are clues in the scene on the rooftop between Moriarity and Sherlock but I couldn't figure it out. I'm sure when it's all pointed out I'll feel like an idiot! Poor John!