PDA

View Full Version : Seni Live from Disneyland/ Half asleep at home /Final thoughts

Disney4us2
10-04-2012, 05:11 PM
I woke up very early like 5 am to start getting ready to make a couple of scooter trips to the car. I was able to manage well loading up the floor of the scooter with a bag of laundry.and wheeling my computer bag the first go around. Just as easy the second time as well.

That done, I went back to the room to get Jessica up and soon we were ready with our other cases ( we brought smaller ones). I checked those with bell services and off to early entry.

The bag check area was not even open when we arrived. There were a lot of Disney hotel guests for the early entry. We were first in the wheelchair line. Again, we almost did everything we wanted to with a walk on. We were limited on time since we had reservations at Storytellers for breakfast.

We did a short cut through DCA stopping for some popcorn in one of the Halloween buckets. Not the Mickey Ghost one, but one of the regular buckets. We made it in plenty of time which didn't really matter since there were a lot of tables. Good breakfast, love the food and characters. We picked up are remaining bags went to the car and were home in an hour.

Now to do the laundry and take a nap, It was a fun 4 days, but so tiring.

Final thoughts:

Ariels Grotto: Not what it used to be, won't be going back for a long, long time. The food was good, but I can put $80.00 to better use.

Weather: Was very hot the first few days. Yesterday was nice. I even had to wear my jeans and sweatshirt last night and this AM.

Halloween Party: Can't wait to do this again next year. Loved, Loved the Halloween Screams fireworks. The parade could use some of the WDW magic.

Another highlight was the Frankenweenie preiew and the displays they had in the Animation building. Really looking forward to seeing the movie now.

Crowds: It was busier than I thought it was going to be considering school is in session. The party was not a sell out so that crowd was not too bad.

I have to admit, although I love WDW, it is nice to go to Disney and be home with an hours drive. Between my father's advanced age and my dog's attachment issues, I don't see me traveling more than two days and locally now.

And so ends a wonderful stay at the Grand Californian.

faline
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Glad you had a good time!!

Melanie
10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the report Marci! Loved hearing of your adventures. Storyteller's is always a stellar breakfast for me as well. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation! :mickey2: