PDA

View Full Version : Need a pick me up

wilcat
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I am so sad right now :(. I wanted to plan a trip for next fall but our finances just won't allow any trips for possibly the next few years. It is so hard as I really need a WDW fix and know I won't be getting one soon. Coming on the boards makes me even more sad as everyone is going or has been and having so much fun. Oh well, back to work, I just had to vent as I know you all would understand.

SBETigg
10-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe a surprise change of circumstances will pop up? I'm sorry. It's never fun to be home missing Disney. We had some lean years and missed lots of time in our happy place. I definitely understand.

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Hang in there. After our trip in May of 2006, DH told me no more Disney trips until we had zero debt and had a generous down payment for a new house. We ended up paying everything we owed in less than a year, and DH let me and my mom take our kids to WDW in Feb. of 2007, and then we went again as a family for Thanksgiving of 2007, and still bought our new house in April of 2008.

Back in 2006 I can't even express how much it felt like it was going to be impossible to ever make it back, but we did it. You just never know what the future will hold. Good luck, and I hope you find yourself back in your happy place sooner than you think.

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry, duplicate post.

Mary Chase
10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry. We're heading into some leaner times as well and I think we'll need to cut back on our trips for a while. The thought of that is just so sad for me. So I definitely understand! Unfortunately the economy has just taken a toll on so many people in this country.

Goofeygal
10-04-2012, 07:10 PM
So sorry to hear that.

Ms. Mode
10-05-2012, 07:52 AM
I clearly remember our Aug 2008 trip to AK; my DH told our DD to make sure "mommy" had a good time this trip because it was more than likely our last one for several years...that was 4 or 5 trips ago! Don't give up hope. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Also, as hard as it is sometimes to see so many other people excited and on the way when you can't be, it really helps me to stay connected through this site. I feel like I know exactly what's going on in the parks through trip reports and updates. It's like traveling by proxy, which is still better than not being there at all. And youtube videos and park music helps too. Just keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass and you will be back, even if it takes awhile. And how sweet that day will be when it comes!

stephicakes
10-05-2012, 05:19 PM
So sorry to hear that you can't go to WDW right now :( but you are not alone!! When my daughter was little I always wanted to take her but could never afford it as a single mom (working & going to college). I was sad for her but there was nothing I could do but keep my head down & keep on plugging knowing one day we would go! We would do little things like order pizza and watch a Disney movie, etc. Then... YEARS later when we were finally able to go it was SO magical and very much worth the wait!!

Don't give up hope! Something may change and you may be able to go sooner than you think! :mickey:

Until then... here is a little MAGIC to help see you through :tink::pixie::magic:

princessgirls
10-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Don't give up!!! We have had some lean years, and we don't go to Disney every year, but staying on Intercot gives us that Disney fix and chatting with people who understand!!!

Personally, I think the economy is in the toilet, and although the unemployment rate is down, I think it's because people have maxed out of their benefits. The job market is tough!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. I am not sure how big your group is as far as costs go but always look for Disney discounts at the resorts thourhgout the year espeically taking a close look at off peak times. I just booked a value for January for $76.00 a night. SWA out of Pittsburgh has periodic pop up airfare sales. I just saw one for $73.00 each way to Orlando direct from Pittsburgh. Here is hoping that you get there sooner than later!

Dsnygirl
10-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Keep your chin up... as you can see here, many of us have had to cut back on our trips, or not go at all for awhile, to get ahead, or at least get things sorted.

We, too, are ones that have taken a year off to focus on other things, and are heading into another time-period where our trips will become fewer (or seriously shorter) as we prepare to send our oldest off to college in a few years. It all comes down to priorities, and as much as we ALL want our Disney trips to be #1, the sad reality is that for most of us, they can't be. But like so many others said, that just means that when we DO get to go, it's that much sweeter!

Just keep coming here to get your fix, take time off from it if it gets to be too much... many of us have stepped away and come back just b/c it's hard sometimes to be here when you're really, SERIOUSLY missing it... but we always come back, and it is such a help to have everyone.

You're probably making wise choices, and they will pay you back... :thumbsup:

Mousefever
10-22-2012, 04:28 AM
I'm not trying to downplay your sorrows at all, but there is a silver lining! Since you live in Bethel Park, you have Kennywood!!! Not the same, I know, but it's still one of my favorite destinations!

Amy