PDA

View Full Version : Four parks in one day?

Aurora
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Think we've discussed this before but haven't seen it in awhile. Here's the question:

Have you ever visited all four Disney World parks in one day?

If the answer is yes, would you do it again?

PopPhan
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
It is not unusual to do two parks in a day, and every once in a while, three, but never all four.

If we get to three parks, it is generally: AK, MK, EP or DHS, MK, EP. In those instances, MK and EP may be reversed.

EPCOT is a good finishing park for us due to World Showcase (food!) and Illuminations.

When MK is the finishing park, it is due to Spectromagic/MSEP and Wishes.

Two park days generally end at DHS for Fantasmic, but can also end at either MK or EPCOT. (Duh!! AK always closes early!!! :rofl: )

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I voted yes, and would do it again.

Our situation was somewhat unique. We did Disney's Vero beach resort one summer and surprised our kids with 2 nights in WDW on the way home. We had left over tickets from a previous trip, back when they didn't expire. On those tickets we each had water parks and one day hoppers left.

The first day we did a waterpark. My kids had never done a Disney waterpark before and we decided which waterpark to visit based on which bus showed up first. LOL.

The next day the plan was to do DHS which had morning EMH, then AK, and end our day at MK which had evening EMH. Toy Story Maina had just opened and that was our reason for going to DHS. Youngest DS was finally tall enough for Everest and that was our reason for going to AK. We just love MK, and it was staying open late, so we decided to end our day there. We ended up taking a bus to the TTC from AK and planned to board the monorail to MK. On the bus we kept saying that we felt bad leaving Epcot out since it's one of our favorite parks. Another family overheard us and they egged us on saying stuff like "you gotta do all 4 parks, you are so close". So we went to Epcot for about an hour, then to MK for the rest of the day. We basically just hit the headliners, or our favorites at each park. We even managed to have dinner at Ohana's that night! Super fun day in WDW and I would totally do it again!

SBETigg
10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I think it wouldn't be worth the hassle and travel time, but I would consider it in a special circumstance. Denise's day sounds pretty awesome. Never say never, I guess.

CMCTxMom
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Hahaha - I was just talking about this on a different thread!

I voted YES as well, but it was kind of a "clean-up" day of attractions we missed during our busy Christmas break trip: EMH at Epcot to ride Test Track, boat over to DHS at rope drop to catch RnR, then over to AK for EE and back to MK to finish a couple of things there - all before we had to leave for the airport at lunchtime for our flight home. DH and I were pretty proud of ourselves. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I think it wouldn't be worth the hassle and travel time, but I would consider it in a special circumstance. Denise's day sounds pretty awesome. Never say never, I guess.

Sherri,
While I said I would do it again, I totally agree that under normal circumstances it wouldn't make much sense trying to cram all 4 in. But being put back in the situation we were in for that trip, just 2 nights to spend in WDW, left over hopper, I would do it again in a heartbeat!

1DisneyNut
10-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Never, way too much time wasted on logistics getting from one park to another. You would easily spend over 25% of your possible park time leaving, travelling between and entering parks. It just simply does not make sense to do this. We don't even park hop at all, not even between two parks in the same day. We do one park and when we finish we leave and go do other things such as go off site to a good restaurant.

Tigerinvestigator
10-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Had not originally planned to visit all four on that day, but it just worked out perfectly. Started at AK early and then went back to our resort at the Dolphin. Early afternoon went to DHS and then caught the boat back to Epcot for dinner. MK was open late so we took the monorail to the TTC and then walked to the Poly before catching the monorail to MK. :thumbsup:

ransam
10-04-2012, 12:11 PM
We started at MK, then had an imagineer lunch at HS. We then went over to AK cause my sister had to see Nemo the Musical one more time. We had dinner at Epcot.
it really wasn't as rushed as you'd think.

figgie
10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Nope, just never had the need or desire to do this....

Scar
10-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Did it once and it was great. I would only do it again if someone else wanted to do it.

If anyone is interested, here's a trip report. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176609&highlight=tour)

Ms. Mode
10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
WOW! It's hard to hop to ONE other park in a day...but FOUR? Not for me. :blush:

joonyer
10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
We (family of 4) did it on one of our trips, just to say we had done it. But we spent a lot of time getting from one park to another and were not able to do much in each park. It was a crowded time of year, and between long queues (we did use Fastpass when we could) and getting from one park to another we didn't get to do many attractions any single park, except MK. We went there last and because it was open until 2 a.m., we did get to ride most of our favorites there. It was a long exhausting day, we had fun while it lasted, but have no desire to do it again. My next goal is to ride/experience every single attraction in MK in one day. And then do it in each of the other parks thereafter, all in a single vacation. Glutton for punishment, I guess.

bruin1344
10-04-2012, 01:15 PM

I agree. Transportation is too slow. Ive done 3 in day multiple times. Start off day at DHS or AK since those are half day parks, eat dinner at Epcot and then do EMH at MK.

DizneyFreak2002
10-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Never tired it... Have no desire to try it... I have done 2 parks in one day... DAK and DHS... But those two are pretty easy to combine into 1 day...

jans2kids
10-04-2012, 01:35 PM
My son wanted to try it once so we did it the next to last day of our trip. The transporation time was not that bad from one park to another.

Started with AK since it had EE and did Everest, Safaris and Dinosaur and then got bus to MK. Rode Space Mnt, Splash Mnt and a few other monor rides. Took monorail over to Epcot and rode Test Track, Spaceship Earth and caught a few shows in World Showcase before catching the boat to HS where we did ToT, Great Movie Ride and Star Tours before leaving. Had Fantasmic planned but T-Storm cancelled the show.

VeggieFruitFruit
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I have tried and failed to get to all four parks in one day, both times were because we only had one day to try to see everything. When I am on a normal trip spending multiple days in the park it's common for us to go to one park in the morning and Epcot at night. If anyone wants to try it that back entrance to Epcot and the resort boat to Hollywood Studios are the way to go.

Aurora
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Hahaha - I was just talking about this on a different thread!

I voted YES as well, but it was kind of a "clean-up" day of attractions we missed during our busy Christmas break trip: EMH at Epcot to ride Test Track, boat over to DHS at rope drop to catch RnR, then over to AK for EE and back to MK to finish a couple of things there - all before we had to leave for the airport at lunchtime for our flight home. DH and I were pretty proud of ourselves. :mickey:

TOTALLY forgot to give you credit for this! So sorry -- your post inspired my question! :number1:

Main Street Jim
10-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Done it - and would do it again :)

Space, Splash and Thunder at MK; ran to AK to do Everest and Safari; then to Studios to hit up ToT and RnRC; then finished off at EPCOT with Soarin' and Mission: Space; and finished off the evening with Tapestry of Nations and Illuminations :)

Dopey's Girl
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I have done it (a few years ago on one of my solo trips, plus I drove) and totally would again. I started with EMH at DHS. I did ToT and RnR. Got breakfast and drove to AK. Did the safari and one of the trails. Then it was off to MK. I had lunch at LTT and rode BTMRR and CoP. Drove to Epcot and did TT (single rider line) and spaceship earth. Finished with a meal in Mexico and Illuminations. It was a long day, but it was so much fun.

Lindsey310
10-04-2012, 10:34 PM
It's tiring but we have done it on multiple occasions. Just had to pick and choose will attractions to do :mickey:

Gator
10-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I've done 5 parks in one day! We hit Blizzard Beach for about an hour between parks #1 and #2.

disney obsessed
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
This is the plan. Start the day at the safari in AK. From there I go to HS to do ToT and RRC. I hop on the boat to Epcot and spend several hours wandering here to do my favs and eat lunch. After that i go on to MK to spend the evening.

I have done this several times and it is the perfect day. I was even able to squeeze in a visit to AKL after AK one time because the bus was there when I got to the bus stop. I remember having a great conversation with a cast member from south africa in the lobby. Then just hopped the bus from AKL to HS.

amorillo
10-05-2012, 12:44 PM
we also made five stops in one day. our family just happened to be in disney on the opening day of the incredibles. disney released five different pins that day... one for each theme park and one for downtown disney... so we made the trek to each park and then to downtown disney for the last pin and to see the movie. we had a great time... and definitely would do it again! :D

Aurora
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I've done 5 parks in one day! We hit Blizzard Beach for about an hour between parks #1 and #2.

Whoa. That's some serious touring. :mickey:

darthmacho
10-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm not a park hopper. I like to stick to one park on any given day. I'd consider doing two parks, but I have no desire to do four in one day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Yep, DD and I did it on your last trip while DH was on a tour and it was awesome!

Our goal was to do a favourite ride/activity in each park, and we did it! (and still made it to dinner at DHS).

We also tried to take as much transportation as possible, so took the bus, boat, monorail and then finally drove.

It was great fun, we didn't see a lot in each park, but it was a blast and I'd do it again in a second.

pianobabe
10-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I did it several years back. DH didn't think I could do it, so I of course had to prove to him I could. The day I did the 4 parks was an EMH morning at DHS, so I started out there and did Toy Story. After that I headed over to MK (it was just opening) and jumped on Buzz Lightyear. I then went to AK to see Finding Nemo, since I had missed it on our full day at AK. Since we had an ADR at Biergarten at 12:15 I saved Epcot for last and spent the rest of the day there.
My plan wasn't to tour the parks, just to go to each one, do at least one activity and get a picture of myself with the hat, castle, tree and ball. I happened to hit the buses just right, or else I wouldn't have been able to get to Epcot on time. I would love to have the opportunity to do it again and spend more time touring the parks. I really enjoyed myself, especially when I was able to show DH he was wrong.:number1:

Dsnygirl
10-05-2012, 09:22 PM
We did, it was my DD's 13th birthday and we gave her the day... and we survived!! AK to start, then to DHS... boat to Epcot late afternoon for dinner, Illum and then monorail to MK for EMH. We were TIRED, but it was quite fun!! :thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
10-05-2012, 10:12 PM
2 parks is plenty for me I have done 2 a lot so like to have park hopper.in my younger days would have loved to.do all 4 but these days prefer to take my time

DNS
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
We always split our days in half. Two parks in one day or one park and something else, downtown Disney or staying at the resort, etc.

Polynesian Dweller
10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Have done it often. With a car it's dead easy to do. In fact, we have often done it and ended up at DTD for dinner. Usually we do a couple of highlights at each park. Great day for us.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Have done it often. With a car it's dead easy to do. In fact, we have often done it and ended up at DTD for dinner. Usually we do a couple of highlights at each park. Great day for us.

That's true, with a car you can get from park to park pretty quickly ... but the transportation is half the fun!

If we did it again (when we do it again according to DD), we will drive!

Katzateer
10-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh yeah, that is how we end our trip. And it isn't crazy or that bad.

We usually start with the early entry park, spend a couple hours then go to AK before lunch, then HS and EPCOT are easy since the boat from the parks get you back and forth in a relaxing break. We normally just go to World Showcase at EPCOT that last day. If MK isn't early entry that day we go to it last because I like to end my vacation on Main Street. Nothing more beautiful at night!:mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
10-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Yup ~ we've done it quite a few times. Not planned, it just ended up that way. The joy of a Park hopper is that you don't really notice how much "hopping" you do! :thumbsup:

We find the hopping increases the longer we've been there.

Love it!

Gator
10-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Whoa. That's some serious touring. :mickey:

Greatest day of my life! Tower of Terror, RnRC, Star Tours, Fest of the Lion King, Kila Safari, Summit Plummet, Splash Mt, Liberty Tree Tavern, Wishes, Mission:Space, and Illuminations. Couldn't do that now with the kids, but it was incredible.

Diznee4Me
10-09-2012, 09:38 AM
December 22, 2005 - my 37th bday! :D

AK first, took bus to MGM, boat to EPCOT, and monorail to MK. Hit a few rides in each park, had lunch at EPCOT, and my DW and DD took my photo in front of each icon with a Mickey Santa hat on! It was a great day and thanks to mt family for letting me plan the itinerary for the day.

AXOAlum
10-09-2012, 10:44 AM
We have done it before, and will likely do it again, as it is often a last day "clean-up" for us. I do agree that you have to be very organized and plan out every minute of the day, even just to hit the major attractions. Of course DAK is the wild card (no pun intended) being so far from the others. I can spend 1/2 day at DAK as a total day, as well as less than 1/2 day at DHS (not into ToT or RnRC). In fact, if they'd just move Muppet Vision 3D and GMR to another park, I could do without ever stepping foot in DHS! TSMM is fun, but not worth the hassle - Star Tours is fun once or twice, but after that it makes me :sick: ... but I digress ...

As I tell all first-timers stick with the one park/day - hopping takes a lot of work and eats up a lot of time! :mickey:

Mousemates
10-09-2012, 07:58 PM
did it once, for the novelty of saying I had done it, but it eats an awful lot of time in park to park transit and security checks. If I had a compelling reason to do it again I would, but I can't imagine what that compelling reason might be.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Lets face it - you could visit all 4 parks in a day but you could never DO 4 parks in a day! Other than to say you physically accomplished it I don't really get it. :confused: I think we've done 3 a few times (morning at HS then over to Epcot for lunch followed by xtra magic hours at night at MK - something like that) but not 4....

BigThunderFan
10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Did it once in 2011 and planning on doing it again in January. Of course it was during the marathon... :thedolls:

Someone posted about the bus transportation being slow between the parks, you see how long it took me! :mickey:

mom2morgan
10-11-2012, 11:34 AM
My daughter does it once each trip - but primarily only to shop!

rnin02
10-11-2012, 01:15 PM
We have done it, pre-child, on our last day prior to going to the airport. kind of like a "farewell tour" only hitting our absolute favorite rides.

kakn7294
10-11-2012, 09:23 PM
We did it and it was great! We went with the idea that we would only spend limited time at each park doing that one thing that we just had to do. I'd do it again.