PDA

View Full Version : Life After Top Chef

AgentC
10-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Anyone else seen the promos for this? It premieres tonight. They might be going to the well a bit much but the Top Chef franchise but I wouldn't expect anything else from Bravo.

This has two of my favorites Richard Blaise and Fabio along with Jen Carroll and Spike. I think I am going to DVR it tonight.

Melanie
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Love Top Chef, love Fabio, like Richard and Jen, so-so on Spike, but I have no interest in watching this. Not sure why. :shrug:

Simba's Mom
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I think I am going to DVR it tonight.

I KNOW I'm going to DVR it. I've been a junkie of Top Chef, Master Chef, Extreme Chef, Chopped, 3 Days to Open w/Bobby Flay, anything about chefs. So I'm one of those people who never thinks Bravo is overdoing it.

Dopey's Girl
10-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Love Top Chef, love Fabio, like Richard and Jen, so-so on Spike, but I have no interest in watching this. Not sure why. :shrug:

I'm feeling the same way Mel, and I can't figure it out. I love Richard, but just can't get excited about this one. I may tune in just to see if I change my mind, but right now, I'm just not feeling it!

NJGIRL
10-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm feeling the same way Mel, and I can't figure it out. I love Richard, but just can't get excited about this one. I may tune in just to see if I change my mind, but right now, I'm just not feeling it!

I think it's just too much....Top Chef.....Top Chef All Stars.....Life After Top Chef.

The Bravo Network does nothing but recycle all of their shows. It gets old and boring after a while.

TheDuckRocks
10-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I watched it last night and found it rather interresting on the level of seeing how chefs can run their restaurants. And here comes the but.........Bravo is up to their usual tricks, making people look bad. Fabio - in love with himself. Jen - a loser when it comes to getting her own restaurant up and running. RIchard very snarky and not a person I'd want to be around. Spike - lucky he has a family to help run his business (maybe $$$ backing???). Just my :twocents:.

Melanie
10-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I think it's just too much....Top Chef.....Top Chef All Stars.....Life After Top Chef.

Don't forget Top Chef Just Desserts. ;)

It is too much. I'll watch this if I come across it in reruns, but I'm not going to TiVo it.

MNNHFLTX
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Globbing onto this thread--my manager told me he and his wife just booked a Top Chef cruise for April. Anyone else going on that?

NJGIRL
10-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Globbing onto this thread--my manager told me he and his wife just booked a Top Chef cruise for April. Anyone else going on that?

:beat: :funny:

Dopey's Girl
10-04-2012, 08:37 PM

The Bravo Network does nothing but recycle all of their shows. It gets old and boring after a while.

I think so too. I watched. No need to watch again. Just wasn't that interesting to me.

JanetMegan
10-05-2012, 08:56 AM
:beat: :funny:

Dude we have a beating a dead horse smiley?? How cool! (Um I DVR'd it but I may or may not watch.)

AgentC
10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
I started watching then got interrupted. What I saw was okay. I put it in the category of if I needed something to watch and nothing better was on I'd watch it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

PirateLover
10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I watched it, and I enjoyed it. :shrug: I actually thought they should do a show like this for a while... I like the follow-ups. I think it's interesting to see more of what life as an actual chef is like, out of the competition element. They chose 4 interesting people who are involved in completely different things- Fabio has worked his charm and made a lot of money off of endorsements to help finance his restaurant, Spike is in business with his family who obviously have some $$ doing slightly more upscale versions of standard American fare (Burgers, fries, pizza), Richard is the ethical guy who doesn't want to be a sell-out and is in the middle of getting together a new restaurant while trying to balance family life, and Jen is back at square 1 struggling to get investors for her restaurant after she parted ways with old ones. I think they are all interesting stories and so far I'm enjoying it better than Top Chef Just Desserts, at least :cool:

As for the cruise thing, I guess cruising is really popular. I always hear advertisements for cruises with sports stars, radio hosts, even Real Housewives. Hey, get it while you can I say.