PDA

View Full Version : Mickey umbrella intereactions

Mendelson
10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Yesterday I grabbed what I thought was a plain black umbrella as I left the house, only to later see it was an umbrella from the parks, with Mickey on it. While standing at a corner in downtown Washington in the rain a guy beside me said, "A little revenge, huh?" I said, "I'm sorry?" He replied, "Normally Mickey soaks us, so now you're getting him back." I laughed heartily.

About 30 minutes later a couple from out-of-town stopped me to ask for directions. After I helped them the woman said, "I knew someone carrying a Mickey umbrella would be nice!"

faline
10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Funny! Mickey is universally recognized!!

figgie
10-03-2012, 11:38 AM
My old one is broken and I haven't gotten a new one yet, miss it. Glad you took that one instead, it gave you more happy memories.

We were at the EPCOT30 anniversay on Monday and of course, it rained. I saw one cute, happy, "big guy" wearing one of the Mickey unbrella hats they have now. It just made me smile!:umbrella:

buzznwoodysmom
10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Great story.

I can't even tell you how many conversations I've had with strangers because I was carrying a Disney item. Either my Dooney purse, or Mickey earrings, anything Disney related seems to spark a conversation.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I can't even tell you how many conversations I've had with strangers because I was carrying a Disney item. Either my Dooney purse, or Mickey earrings, anything Disney related seems to spark a conversation.

I agree! Us "disney-people" seem to find each other everywhere!

TinkerbellT421
10-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for sharing! That was a great story :mickey:

It's amazing how many people have commented on my many Disney items. Some compliment, some don't get it. But I can always tell which side they are on when they say "Oh my god that is so cute!" I have a Tinkerbell purse, the big black leather ones with the big tink on the front, I used until it's ripping now :( So many compliments I have gotten and asked where I got it because they wanted one. And my Dooney bag gets the most compliments including my babyblue wallet with the hidden mickey heads on it, very few have noticed the hidden mickey heads, so you know they are true fans if they can pick them out of the normal polka dots :mickey:

brownie
10-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing!

Melanie
10-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Either my Dooney purse, or Mickey earrings, anything Disney related seems to spark a conversation.

Agreed! I get comments all the time when I carry one of my Dooneys.

And then when I pull out my phone with the sparkly Mickey case, then my Dooney wallet, and my keychain with many Mickey's on it, I often get "You REALLY like Mickey, huh?" :D

vicster
10-03-2012, 04:15 PM
My cell phone ringer is the Mickey Mouse March and that really gets a lot of chuckles!!!

minnie04
10-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Great Story !!! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Agreed! I get comments all the time when I carry one of my Dooneys.

And then when I pull out my phone with the sparkly Mickey case, then my Dooney wallet, and my keychain with many Mickey's on it, I often get "You REALLY like Mickey, huh?" :D

Hahaha, same here. I have a WDW castle phone case, and a Minnie Mouse key chain. Sometimes I notice the slight chuckle when they realize I have much more than just the purse!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-07-2012, 05:06 PM
At least people are smart enough to realize that MM Fanatics are the nicest people!