PDA

View Full Version : Free dining/Discounts in January?

sleepyprincess
10-03-2012, 10:05 AM
We have traveled to Disney many times throughout the year, however, never in January. It seems to be the only time that works for our family right now. Does anyone know of Disney offering any discounts this coming January? Does anyone actually like to be in Disney at this time? How is the weather?

Thank you for any tips.

BigThunderFan
10-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Love Disney in January! We have always had some good discount during this time in the past, but heard there may not be free dining this time. Possibly something else in it's place... :confused:

The weather can not be forecast. We have been lucky every time with good weather. Usually chilly in the mornings and evenings but really nice during the day. Somewhere in the 50's in the mornings and up to 80 some days. Have not seen much rain, but that has been luck too. I know people that had very cold weather during January as well. You really just have to watch the weather as you prepare and pack the whole house!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I love Disney in January! The weather can be cool, but it was so nice not to be hot while visiting.

The only "issue" was that it was really too cold to swim :swim: (although DD did swim every day), and if swimming is important, the resort pools are heated.

The crowds were fairly low, and we have had "free dining" during a January trip, and if they are thinking about it, it should be released later this fall.

CMCTxMom
10-03-2012, 11:58 AM
We're looking forward to our Jan 2013 trip! And we booked on Southwest so we don't have to pay extra baggage fees when we have to pack for all climates! :thumbsup:

Gator
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
They've been offering good deals during that month for years now. And it's my favorite time to go! Late Jan/ early Feb always has low crowds and great weather. Usually highs are around 70-75. Wish I was going that time of year.

I recommend using a Disney travel agent to book the trip. That way you can book now, and when a discount comes out, they'll book it for the cheaper price. You can send me a private message for the gal I use, or you can find someone on your own. There's lots of good ones out there. Good luck!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I hear that January is a good time to go and there are always good rates for that time. Anyone have any idea when those good rates will be out to the public?

January-2007
10-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Yes there is free dining in January. If you are a Disney Visa cardholder you are eligible to book now, everyone else will be able to book October 10. Here's the details:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stay, Play, Dine and Save

Take advantage of this advanced booking offer at select Walt Disney World® hotels from October 4-7 before it becomes available to the general public on October 10, 2012.

This enchanting offer includes:

Dining plan – When staying at a Value Resort, enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 50 select Walt Disney World® Resort quick service restaurants. When staying at a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort, enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 100 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.

Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets – Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.

Plus, experience the New Fantasyland®

It’s the perfect time to visit a legendary world—New Fantasyland® . Enter Prince Eric’s Castle and ride through Ariel’s world, dine in Beast’s Castle and join Belle for a retelling of the “tale as old as time.” Or head to Storybook Circus, where you can soar above two Dumbo the Flying Elephant® attractions, cool off at the Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station and fly a stunt plane with the Great Goofini. Visit DisneyWorld.com/NewFantasyland for more information.

This vacation package offer becomes available to the general public on October 10, 2012.

Sample pricing for stays most nights 1/2 - 3/7/2013

Value Resort
$82 per person, per day
SAVE $400 when you buy this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room, ticket and Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan package at select Disney Value Resorts.
$82 per person per day based on a family of four.
Total package price of $1,968.

- OR -

Moderate Resort
$101 per person, per day
SAVE $600 when you buy this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room, ticket and Disney Dining Plan package at select Disney Moderate Resorts.
$101 per person per day based on a family of four.
Total package price of $2,429.

Prices based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child in a standard room. Number of rooms allocated for these offers is limited. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets valid for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group or other discounts apply. Advanced reservations required.

Offer excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disney's Art of Animation Resort-The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.

Tink1
10-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Actually, it is not free dining. Close, but not quite.

There is a tiered broad offer that can be room only and a component package special which discounts room, tickets and dining.

While the lead in looks like free dining, you will notice it does not state as such. The math does not work out to free dining either.

Nanc

ransam
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
is this a different offer than the discount that was announced yesterday?

thank you

Tink1
10-05-2012, 11:08 AM
nope, it is the same as yesterday and will be the same that comes on the 10th

Nanc

readytogo2
10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
great news thanks

BigThunderFan
10-08-2012, 11:33 AM
It's a pretty good deal, we were able to upgrade to WL for only a couple hundred more than we were paying for a Little Mermaid room. Granted we dropped the dining plan, but to stay at the Lodge again...:cloud9:

teamblackwell
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I've never been in January, but every january I see trip reports. BTG's seem to be an issue at that time of year.

BigThunderFan
10-09-2012, 10:26 AM
We always go in January and while we see BTG's they are never an issue. Just go the opposite direction :mickey: