PDA

View Full Version : Main Steet Music Loop Changed

MrPeetrie
10-03-2012, 05:53 AM
I don't know if any of you noticed, but the Main Street Music Loop has been CHANGED!. For me, that was a disappointment.

I know many of the songs in order. And my absolute favorite sequence -- brings-me-to-tears-the-first-time-I-hear-it-each-trip sequence -- is Before the Parade Passes By followed immediately by Put On Your Sunday Clothes. (One song slides directly into the other.)

That is no longer the case. Before the Parade Passes By is still in the loop but it's followed by a different song. And Put On Your Sunday Clothes is still in the loop, but it's a different version. It just didn't have the same emotional effect for my.

Anyone else notice this?

BrerGnat
10-03-2012, 08:06 AM
This change happened several months ago. I remember hearing about it on a podcast. I haven't experienced it in person yet, but I did enjoy the style of the clips I heard.

I swear I have seen a CD of JUST Main Street music for sale in the parks. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about, or am I imagining it?

MrPeetrie
10-03-2012, 09:59 AM
They used to have Walt Disney Forever CD Kiosks where you could burn copies of some songs, including parade music and Main Street Songs.

Simba's Mom
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Whew! You had me scared there for a second, afraid that "Put on your Sunday Clothes" might be gone. When I hear that, I love to dance around and if I'm wearing a hat, channel Wall-E with it. What's funny is that while a few CMs know what I'm doing, most don't make the connection because they never saw Wall-E. Really? I thought that watching all the Disney movies multiple times should be a prerequisite of working for Disney.

MrPeetrie
10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Simba's mom, it's there. It's just a slightly different version.

Gator
10-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Just as long as it still has the ragtime feel, I'm sure I'll like it.

Mousemates
10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
wow...the level of attention to detail that some folks have is absolutely impressive ...for while I enjoy the background music (and occasionally stream it from time to time in my office), there is no way I would have ever been observant enough to note a change in the play list. :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
10-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Mousemates, you'd be right for most anywhere else in any of the other parks, but there are two places where I am very well-versed with the music -- Main Street Area Music Loop and the pre-show music for Illuminations. They changed the Illuminations pre-show music a few years back and it has taken me a while to get used to the new loop, but I'm beginning really enjoy it, as well.

With regards to the Main Street Music, I actually found a listing of the titles of the previous loop (in order) and began building my own loop, which is on my mp3 player.

For the older pre-show music, I ordered CDs from Israel, among other places, just to get one song from the CD to build the loop. Then, when I returned to WDW in 2011, it wasn't there. A new one had already taken its place.