PDA

View Full Version : Live from Disneyland Day 3 Trick or Treat

Disney4us2
10-03-2012, 03:06 AM
We started early today with the magic hour at Disneyland. Basically, got everything we wanted to do before lunch time.

Jessica was even able to get a picture of Sparky, the dog from Frankenweenie in the cemetery at the Haunted Mansion queue since it was empty at the time. Being on a scooter I follow a different path.

We did a little pin trading after lunch, headed back to the room to rest and refresh.

Party time. We left for the party around 4:30 pm for a 6pm start time. We got side tracked by the Soundsational parade and went into the lobby area of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Found out that the Voices of Liberty have been extended until sometime in January 2013. The air felt good.

Disneyland was all decked out for the party and everyone was in a festive mood. We went to Critter Country to start things off. The T or T trails were all over the park. Some were great. My favorites were Frontierland. They had us going inside the Golden Horseshoe. It was all decorated and they had a piano player.:cool: In Fantsyland you went into Pinocchio Village Haus restaurant to T or T. In Tomorrowland there were two trails. The first was very clever... the Monorail station. I will explain later. The second was inside Inoventions.

Fireworks: Halloween Screams...all I can say is WOW.. it is worth going to the party just for that. We had a spot in front of the castle right by the ropes. It was totally amazing.

We didn't do any photo's with the characters. We were in line for one with Mickey and Minnie, but it was taking forever and sometimes I have the patience of a flea. I opted to go and eat dinner.

For dinner we just went to the Refreshment Corner (similar to Casey's) for some hot dogs. Jessica had one of their new combo's. A mac n'cheese dog. It is a hotdog with mac and cheese topped with bacon bits.

Candy: Some CM's were genereous... some were not. Good candy selection. Also had Crasins, carrots and apple slices.

I will post pics later when I get home and load them to photobucket.

I have already had a request to do this again next year, so I guess the party was a success for us:thumbsup:

Tomorrow: More DCA, Lunch at Ariels Grotto, Dinner at Storytellers Cafe.

faline
10-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Sounds like it was a fun evening!!

Melanie
10-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Definitely sounds like they put on a good party at Disneyland. Is there no parade?

BrerGnat
10-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Sounds like fun! Thanks for the report.

Mel, there is no Halloween parade at DL. They only started doing the party a few years ago, and they did it at DCA. It just moved to DL for the first time last year, I think.

There has never been a Halloween parade, as far as I know. They do a great Christmas parade, but it takes the place of the normal afternoon/evening parades during the holiday season, and everyone can see it. It's not part of a special party.

Marci, do they still do Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy these days? That was a fun makeover.

Disney4us2
10-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Definitely sounds like they put on a good party at Disneyland. Is there no parade?

Mel, There was a parade if you can call it that... nothing like the one at WDW I'm sure. It is called Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade. We saw the second "parade" since we were waiting for Halloween Screams during the first one. It was cute and done nicely, but no headless horseman and nothing like what I hear about the parade at WDW.

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the report.

Mel, there is no Halloween parade at DL. They only started doing the party a few years ago, and they did it at DCA. It just moved to DL for the first time last year, I think.

There has never been a Halloween parade, as far as I know. They do a great Christmas parade, but it takes the place of the normal afternoon/evening parades during the holiday season, and everyone can see it. It's not part of a special party.

Marci, do they still do Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy these days? That was a fun makeover.

Yes, they are doing Ghost Galaxy still. Still a big draw as well.

I forgot to explain about the Monorail trick or treat trail. On the way out we were talking with a CM. Her DH works on the Monorail. Since the Monorail can't stop at the DTS station during the party and the attraction was closed. They need to keep a few CM's there. So they made it into a trick or treat trail.

Also, at the end of the night after the parade, they had the villians come out to the train station and they did a dance to some music. The step sisters and Lady Tremain were so funny. It was a nice way to end the night.

Just looked at our bags. We used the recycle type Disney Halloween (like for groceries). They are half full and weigh a ton. More candy than either of us need. I may not have to buy candy this year:secret:

Melanie
10-03-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't think there was a parade. Never seen pics, or heard anyone speak of it. It is a shame, because the Christmas parade is incredible.

I remember the Halloween party being in DCA, even when I lived in Japan, so it's been awhile. I had to fly back early one year after a trip and missed it. :(

Disney4us2
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I didn't think there was a parade. Never seen pics, or heard anyone speak of it. It is a shame, because the Christmas parade is incredible.

I remember the Halloween party being in DCA, even when I lived in Japan, so it's been awhile. I had to fly back early one year after a trip and missed it. :(

We posted at the same time...lol I took some pics. I will DL to photobucket and put them in the report.

There is a small parade. My post is above yours.

Melanie
10-03-2012, 09:10 AM
There is a small parade. My post is above yours.

:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
10-10-2012, 06:07 PM
I uploaded some of my pics. Here are a sampling from the Halloween party. The ones from the so called parade are a little dark and blurry. We were not in the best area for taking pictures. The ones during the fireworks turned out great though. The last pic is of a trick or treat station.
www.photobucket.com/marciparty

pdrlkr
10-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: