PDA

View Full Version : Epcot30!

figgie
10-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, we had a fantastic time yesterday at EPCOT. I know everyone is posting about it but thought I'd give you my views as well. When we entered the park, the friendly CM's were handing out the special programs for the day(has an interesting time line) and a special pin celebrating the day. What fun to get this and see everyone wearing them around. As we walked to the fountain, it was hard not to observe the huge line wrapping around the shop on the left and lined up at the pin cart in the middle. Luckily, later, this thinned out and I got my pins!

We went to the Chase lounge which I have posted on in onother post here. We attended the ceremony a 3pm and listened to the speaches and were happy to see some of the cast members recognized for being there all 30 years. I loved the Voices of Liberty! I almost jumped off my seat when there was a huge blast and the air was filled with confetti! It started to rain as we left our covered seats but it didn't matter at all, what fun!

But my favorite part of the day were the special fireworks after Illuminations! All I can say is WOW! There were things I have never seen before, including some fire balls that just skimmed along the top of the water. But from water to sky, the wall of bright white fire that ended the show was phoenominal, and the noise, well, I'm still ringing in my ears. My most memorable moment will always be being covered in ashes. We made our way over to the small restroom area that is next to what used to be the McDonalds and went in where there was a small line. As my friend shook her hair, ashes fell to the floor and we realized the floor was covered in ashes. That is something I have never experienced there for sure.

We sat and waited as the crowd thinned and the parking lot cleared out. It is truley a special day I will remember for a long time!

How were everyone elses experiences? Hope as good as mine!:pixie:

faline
10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Wish I could have been there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

jnfr2424
10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I saw the fireworks on you tube and I loved that they played Tomorrow's Child at the end!
And I also loved the images on Spaceship Earth!

TiggeRia
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I was there for the 25th...wish I could have been there yesterday, too!!

Melanie
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
You can view the special Illuminations on our YouTube page. :fworks:

Gator
10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Sounds magical. I love Illuminations, and when they add something at the end, it's even better.

EpcotFan182
10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
that sounds wonderful! I was thinking about it all day yesterday...glad you had a great time :mickey:

Pirate Granny
10-03-2012, 12:27 AM
We've eaten ashes quite a few times while dining at the Rose and Crown during Illuminations...so much so we quit doing R&C unless we have newbees with us.

figgie
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM
I also enjoyed the playing of Tomorrow's Child. Did you notice they were playing all the old songs from the years of EPCOT? It was a magical day of memories in music!:dance:

arm00leg
10-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Are the special Illuminations only the one day? Was hoping to see them when we get there soon.

figgie
10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
The Illuminations show was the same as always. It was the special fireworks show that was added on at the end of Illuminations for the 30th anniversary that was so special and it was on Monday night, Oct. 1st to celebrate that day only! Sorry, not a repeating show...

EpcotChic23
10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
We just back from WDW last night and were honored to be part of the celebration at Epcot. Our experience was just like yours! I think I will post more in the trip report. We loved the extended Illuminations it was amazing.

LandFan
10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
We were there too - it was a great day! We are headed to MK today and are headed home tomorrow.

N2DisneyWorld
10-07-2012, 11:32 AM
How neat! Thanks for sharing!! :mickey:

TheVBs
10-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Sounds fabulous! So happy for those of you who could be a part of it. :mickey: