PDA

View Full Version : Episode 40 – The Birds Got Me Dressed

John
10-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Recorded September 24, 2012The Cast: Gary, Carol, Mel, Michael, John

- We’ve been doing this for 2 years now - whoda thunk it. The lost episode comes up yet again!

- Be Our Guest Discussion.* Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom for the first time ever (other than after hours private events). Disney changes policy. Does it open the door to alcohol at more locations or not?

- The INTERCOT 15th Anniversary Celebration… its right around the corner. We are anticipating things being a big blur. We’ll be taping a podcast to wrap up the weekend at the Contemporary Pool Snack Bar.

- Chocolate Covered Bacon and a Virtual High Five!

- Pirates of the Caribbean additions – possibly from On Stranger Tides.* Just swapping out mist projection.* Kids and scary rides.* Disneyland vs. Disney World version.

- Chase Lounge at the Food and Wine Festival.

- Gary and the puppet.

- The Yeti is Down shirts are coming and the INTERCOT bear.* Tawney. *Pete.* Stuffy.* Cotty.* Geo.* INTERScott.* We need a name and a backstory on how the INTERCOT bear met Duffy.

- INTERCOT’s Best Of - something you want to do at Disney that you need special permission for.* DisneyKidSince1970 suggested the topic.* Carol volunteers to go first and she wants to go into Walt’s Apartment alone. Michael wants to run a churro cart but only for a limited time and challenges the validity of the Cherry Churro. Gary wants to sit alone on Main Street USA and watch the sunrise while having a cup of coffee (Ian ruined it). Melanie wants access behind all the construction walls.* John wants to stand on top of Spaceship Earth and appear in a promo video.

- The world is coming to an end – John watched Phineas and Ferb.

- Sally and Jack at Downtown Disney but only for about 3 days.

- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – video on http://youtube.com/intercot.

- Epcot 30 arrives and the events are a bit underwhelming. Horizons Resurrected on the other hand is doing something super cool… http://horizonsresurrected.com/2012/09/09/e30-event-update/.

- Space Shuttle flying over Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

- Costumes at American Adventure.

- Art of Animation – all sections are now open.

- Disney Magic in the Lone Star State – complete with 10 gallon hat.

- Wreck it Ralph coming soon and classic arcade games.

*****Brought to you by:*****
Magical Journey’s (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)

>> LISTEN, LEARN, LOVE & SHARE (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-40.asp)

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks Guys! Now I have something to listen to at work today. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
10-02-2012, 08:18 AM
What a great way to star my work day!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melanie
10-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I just want to take a minute to defend myself on the Pinocchio being German thing. :blush:

I've always gotten that confused, I think because of Pinocchio Village HAUS in the Magic Kingdom, not only because of the 'Haus' in the name, but also the decor in there feels German to me.

So there. Revoke my Disney card if you will. :fresh:

dpamac
10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I just want to take a minute to defend myself on the Pinocchio being German thing. :blush:

I've always gotten that confused, I think because of Pinocchio Village HAUS in the Magic Kingdom, not only because of the 'Haus' in the name, but also the decor in there feels German to me.

So there. Revoke my Disney card if you will. :fresh:

The Disney film is very Europeanly confused. Gypsies with Italian accents, Stromboli (Greek), Pinocchio's outfit is very Swiss....I'm not sure it actually takes place anywhere real.

caryrae
10-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Is the podcast in WDW gonna be a live podcast with an Intercot member audience with a question and answer section? lol

BriarRose0708
10-02-2012, 09:19 AM
HAHAHAHAHA Michael. "Listen up. Things are about to get crazy." you all have me dying this morning!

John
10-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Is the podcast in WDW gonna be a live podcast with an Intercot member audience with a question and answer section? lol

Yes. :)

John
10-02-2012, 09:24 AM
HAHAHAHAHA Michael. "Listen up. Things are about to get crazy." you all have me dying this morning!

It was a funny one - wait till you get to the birds.

dpamac
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Ian in the Castle.

Carol
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
:funny:

Melanie
10-02-2012, 10:37 AM
:rotfl:

Dopey's Girl
10-02-2012, 10:41 AM
:medic:OMG...Dies laughing.

dpamac
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
He clearly didn't put sunscreen on his face because it doesn't match the alabaster skin on his hands...

Melanie
10-02-2012, 10:50 AM
"It's creepy and STOP IT!" said Michael. LOL!

I'm actually listening to certain parts because I've got to hear "The Birds".

Dopey's Girl
10-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Mel, I think you may be one of the only other people on the planet that got as excited as I did to see the Dots packages in Christine's pics from MNSSHP. I squealed when I saw them. I'm generally a chocolate girl, but Dots are my favorite!!!

dpamac
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Sorry. Had to fix Ian's picture. He had on the wrong shirt.

SBETigg
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Looking up Duffy stories here-- apparently Duffy is named Duffy because Mickey kept him in his duffel bag. So I think we need to know where John keeps the ICOT bear and then we have new name possibilities.

diz_girl
10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
PETE! I vote for Pete. PETE! PETE! PETE!!!

I'm still listening, but I had to say that it's nice to know that Carol is older than dirt and that I'm not the only one to use that phrase. But I usually say that I'm as old as dirt, not older. So age-wise (and completely winging it here ), it's -

Michael < Gary < diz_girl (me - Amanda) = Dirt < Ian < Mel < John < Carol

Sorry, Mel and Michael, I didn't know where you fell in the Dirt-age spectrum, so I just guessed.

BTW - really like the Yeti weatshirt. I'll soon be ordering one in Chocolate.

Now, I'll go back to listening.

John
10-02-2012, 02:53 PM
It can't be Pete - sorry. That being said you can name yours whatever you want ;) Tawney even.

Oh, and Gary - classic.

Melanie
10-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Michael < Gary < diz_girl (me - Amanda) = Dirt < Ian < Mel < John < Carol

Amanda, I cheated and looked at your bday. Actually you didn't do too badly, especially since you, I, Ian and Michael are fairly close in age, with you and Ian being only days apart.

So actual order is:

Gary < Mel < Amanda < Ian < Michael < John < Carol

But no one is older than dirt! :nono: And Gary is the baby by far.

AgentC
10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I loved this episode. Too funny. I may never get the image of Ian and his dress out of my mind. :D
Michael always bring a special something to the podcasts. I can not wait to meet you.

Yay to John for finally watching P&F. We still watch it all the time. My son has a collection of favorites DVR'd and saved

I went to Food & Wine this weekend and checked out the Chase lounge. It is the old MetLife lounge and it is not very big. Free soda, coffee, and Werther's caramel's as well as a table with iPads and chargings stations for phone. It gets crowded pretty quick. They are also giving away tickets to special seating for the Eat to the Beat concerts. I heard Illuminations too, but I'm not sure about that.

I did check out the Jack & Sally meet at DTD and it was crazy! People waited in line for hours.

Melanie
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I did check out the Jack & Sally meet at DTD and it was crazy! People waited in line for hours.

Thank you so much for grabbing the pics for our Twitter feed Cindy! I would have done the exact same thing as you, which was just to get as good a pic of them as you could without waiting in that line. No way! I knew it would be crazy.

Septbride2002
10-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I've got to stop listening to these at work because I always end up busting out laughing at something. I'm not done with the episode yet but when Michael proclaimed, "IT'S CREEPY AND STOP IT!" :rotfl: I lost it.

~Amanda

Melanie
10-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I've got to stop listening to these at work because I always end up busting out laughing at something. I'm not done with the episode yet but when Michael proclaimed, "IT'S CREEPY AND STOP IT!" :rotfl: I lost it.

~Amanda

That was super funny! In reality, it was weird....and creepy. :eek:

I do hope that when we are cracking up regarding something visual that it somehow translates?

I was having a hard enough time getting out my 'best of' and then John brings in "the birds".

BrerGnat
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM

~Amanda

I agree...best line so far. I'm only halfway through, however. Haven't gotten to the "birds" just yet.

Dopey's Girl
10-02-2012, 08:32 PM

~Amanda

Maybe we should start our own office. My coworkers think I have lost my mind. I laugh way, way too much!

TinkerbellT421
10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
So, as I'm just getting better after a nasty cold, I would like you all to know you literally had me laughing so hard I would go into five minute long coughing fits which resulted me in losing my breath and needing my inhaler.....lol

I suggest calling the ICOT bear Yeti Jr.!

And my best of answer is being a dolphin trainer for the day :) we were able to Dolphins in Depth in January (thank you DBF!) and I fell even more in love with Dolphins. But it was all very controlled with how when and where you could be close to the dolphins and touch them, and not a lot of actual time with the dolphins. So I would like to be a trainer for the day :)

NotaGeek
10-03-2012, 01:46 AM
This was a fun podcast -- I am glad everyone is enjoying it -- and I can't wait to meet everyone at WDW. :mickey:

Quadstriker
10-03-2012, 03:44 AM
At 12:21am I was in my kitchen, scrubbing dishes and listening to the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast when my wife reported hearing a voice yell out "BOOM! Podcast mention!"

Yes we will be at WDW the week before the i15 meet. Anyone who will be in Epcot the night of the 20th (John Y *cough cough*) should drink pints with us prior to Party for the Senses.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR WRECK-IT RALPH! "I'mma wreck it!" and various other permutations of the phrase are already a common staple in our household. (I'mma eat it! I'mma clean it! etc.) We are the gamer couple. Here's the multi-platform arcade game we build a couple years ago.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Shenanigansguild/th_arcade-1.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Shenanigansguild/?action=view&current=arcade-1.jpg)

BrerGnat
10-03-2012, 08:11 AM
I CANNOT WAIT FOR WRECK-IT RALPH! "I'mma wreck it!" and various other permutations of the phrase are already a common staple in our household. (I'mma eat it! I'mma clean it! etc.)

Us too! How funny. Our kids are always bringing us "broken" Lego models, so we say a lot of "I can FIX IT!" in our house. :D I hope this movie is as good as the hype surrounding it. :)

We can't wait to play Wreck It Ralph in Disneyland in November at Starcade!

John
10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
At 12:21am I was in my kitchen, scrubbing dishes and listening to the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast when my wife reported hearing a voice yell out "BOOM! Podcast mention!"

Yes we will be at WDW the week before the i15 meet. Anyone who will be in Epcot the night of the 20th (John Y *cough cough*) should drink pints with us prior to Party for the Senses.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR WRECK-IT RALPH! "I'mma wreck it!" and various other permutations of the phrase are already a common staple in our household. (I'mma eat it! I'mma clean it! etc.) We are the gamer couple. Here's the multi-platform arcade game we build a couple years ago.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Shenanigansguild/th_arcade-1.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Shenanigansguild/?action=view&current=arcade-1.jpg)

Someone call my name?

MNNHFLTX
10-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Amanda, I cheated and looked at your bday. Actually you didn't do too badly, especially since you, I, Ian and Michael are fairly close in age, with you and Ian being only days apart.

So actual order is:

But no one is older than dirt! :nono: And Gary is the baby by far.Thank you for setting that straight, Mel. ;)

Joannelet
10-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I am going to buy the ICOT bear and will name him Cherry Churro bear for John. :)

John
10-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I am going to buy the ICOT bear and will name him Cherry Churro bear for John. :)

+1 :mickey: Although Cherry sounds in the same genre as Tawney... LOL

hoop de do
10-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd like to audition for the "old man" puppet that told Gary how beer is brewed.
:old::beer::old::beer:

dpamac
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd like to audition for the "old man" puppet that told Gary how beer is brewed.
:old::beer::old::beer:

I liked the puppet. It was the guy he was with that was creepy...

Christine
10-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I tell ya, I'm at home recovering from pneumonia, and listening to the podcast is a definite spirit-lifter! And is more effective than mucinex! I have been laughing so hard and then coughing up a lung afterwards!

I also would like to say : Ian, please note I was NOT in attendance for that taping! And had I been, I would have made no mention of your castle stay ;) Probably not at all. I can almost feel sure I wouldn't have. Odds are... Well, let's just say I wasn't there so you didn't hear me say nothing!

JMTStone
10-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the lack of Productivity at work! As if I needed another excuse:yeti:

Melanie
10-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I also would like to say : Ian, please note I was NOT in attendance for that taping! And had I been, I would have made no mention of your castle stay ;) Probably not at all. I can almost feel sure I wouldn't have. Odds are... Well, let's just say I wasn't there so you didn't hear me say nothing!

PUH...LEEZE!! :rolleyes:

:D

Christine
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
PUH...LEEZE!! :rolleyes:

:D

:angel: :D

Quadstriker
10-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Us too! How funny. Our kids are always bringing us "broken" Lego models, so we say a lot of "I can FIX IT!" in our house. :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quadstriker
10-03-2012, 05:40 PM
So actual order is:

But no one is older than dirt! :nono: And Gary is the baby by far.

So Gary is the baby of his family and the podcast? I wouldn't have guessed that.

Let me know when the podcast misses the playoffs and decides it needs to go into rebuilding mode and get younger. I'll be right over here.

Septbride2002
10-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Where is Ian anyway?

Finally got to finish the podcast - fantastic. I loved how suddenly Michael's like "I gotta go!" :party:

The birds were great. As soon as you guys said it I knew what you were talking about. We also have many WDCC collectables...not a clue what to do with them these days.

I'm glad you guys discussed the alcohol at Beauty and the Beast Castle (I'm all for it BTW) but no discussion on the food? :confused: Or speculate on how much this is going to cost - I'm thinking more then CRT - but that's just me. Me and the DH looked at the menu and decided we will be trying it for lunch and hopefully able to afford it. Which gets me back on my rant about Disney and the TS cost....but I digress.

Septbride2002
10-03-2012, 07:05 PM
So Gary is the baby of his family and the podcast? I wouldn't have guessed that.

Let me know when the podcast misses the playoffs and decides it needs to go into rebuilding mode and get younger. I'll be right over here.

Hey Quadstriker - Happy Playoffs! :D 2 years in a row!!!

12 in 12!!!!

dpamac
10-03-2012, 11:34 PM

I am eternal youth. :babyroll:

Quadstriker
10-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Hey Quadstriker - Happy Playoffs! :D 2 years in a row!!!

12 in 12!!!!

I know and we get to break Melanie's heart 2 years in a row on Friday. How much fun is that? ;)

NotaGeek
10-05-2012, 03:20 AM
I am eternal youth. :babyroll:

Funny -- I thought you were Electric Youth.

NotaGeek
10-05-2012, 03:21 AM
I loved how suddenly Michael's like "I gotta go!" :party:

LOL -- I felt bad doing that but I had a dinner reservation! :mickey:

dpamac
10-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Funny -- I thought you were Electric Youth.

I do get lost in your eyes.

Ian
10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Sorry. Had to fix Ian's picture. He had on the wrong shirt.I'm sexy and I know it! :D

BriarRose0708
10-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Love the Debbie Gibson reference Michael and Gary.

mjm
10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Carol & Gary
I love your wishes to just be in Walt's apartment and watching the sun rise in WDW.:mickey:

mjm
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh, and Damian Lewis Disney connection:

Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers - Co-produced by Tom Hanks who voiced Woody in Toy Story 3!(Because Pixar and Disney hadn't merged when Toy Story & Toy Story 2 came out.):mickey:

dpamac
10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh, and Damian Lewis Disney connection:

Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers - Co-produced by Tom Hanks who voiced Woody in Toy Story 3!(Because Pixar and Disney hadn't merged when Toy Story & Toy Story 2 came out.):mickey:

I had totally forgotten about that conversation. Your Bacon-style connection made me look at Damian Lewis' filmography on IMDB. Are you guys ready for this?

He was on an episode of Phineas an Ferb.

Melanie
10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Yes, you informed Carol and I that our beloved Jon Hamm lost the Emmy, but I was totally okay with him losing to Damien. :yes:

If you really want to see his acting chops, watch The Forsyte Saga. As much as you loved him in Band of Brothers, you will hate him in Forsyte.

I may have to catch up on Homeland.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Are you guys ready for this?

Yes, Yes we are.

He was on an episode of Phineas an Ferb.

Hey! Has any one seen Perry?

mjm
10-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I had totally forgotten about that conversation. Your Bacon-style connection made me look at Damian Lewis' filmography on IMDB. Are you guys ready for this?

Gary,
Are you talking about the Franis Bacon - William Shakespeare connections conspiracy theorists are always trying to make; i.e. I'm trying to stretch Damian's connection to Disney? :-)

dpamac
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Gary,
Are you talking about the Franis Bacon - William Shakespeare connections conspiracy theorists are always trying to make; i.e. I'm trying to stretch Damian's connection to Disney? :-)

My favorite part of studying literature in college was in our Shakespeare classes we always discussed the "Baconion Theory." I cannot think of a better name for anything.

Here's a fun thing for people to try outside of Disney. Rouge Ales has two very good beers. The Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout and the Rogue Dead Guy Ale. If you mix the two, much like a black and tan, you get (drum roll)...a Dead Poet. It's good, too. Those are what kept me from wandering off at a renaissance fair my wife made me go to.

Quadstriker
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
I am at Hollywood Studios right now.

Prior to the show I was telling my wife how my "best of" would be working the crowd before Fantasmic.

Guess who was picked out of the entire crowd to sing a solo of "when you wish upon a star?"

I'm on cloud 9. :cloud9:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/89/imagevqdw.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/341/imagerco.jpg

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2012, 08:19 AM
That's awesome Quadstriker!

So...not to be a pain in the.....but....any idea when the new podcast is going to come out? I just cannot take listening to anymore local talk radio...until well after November that is. :mickey:

dpamac
10-16-2012, 08:11 PM
That's awesome Quadstriker!

So...not to be a pain in the.....but....any idea when the new podcast is going to come out? I just cannot take listening to anymore local talk radio...until well after November that is. :mickey:

Soon. Very soon. It's in the can, as they say, but planning for the trip has taken precedence over the editing of the podcast. The app is out now so the maestro has a few things to knock out and then the podcast will be edited and in your feed.

I blame Ian, who I think used a naughty word during the recording, requiring John to have to hunt it down.

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Soon. Very soon. It's in the can, as they say, but planning for the trip has taken precedence over the editing of the podcast. The app is out now so the maestro has a few things to knock out and then the podcast will be edited and in your feed.

I blame Ian, who I think used a naughty word during the recording, requiring John to have to hunt it down.

Ian!!!! tsk tsk!!!!

dpamac
10-16-2012, 08:14 PM
I am at Hollywood Studios right now.

Prior to the show I was telling my wife how my "best of" would be working the crowd before Fantasmic.

Guess who was picked out of the entire crowd to sing a solo of "when you wish upon a star?"

I'm on cloud 9. :cloud9:

I wonder if it had anything to do with you jumping up and down saying "MEEEEEEEEEEEE! MEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Seriously, you would be awesome at that. You have a gift of being able to work a crowd while simultaneously seeming to speak to single people in that crowd. That's very difficult to do. I know firsthand because I can neither work a crowd nor actually talk to a single person in the crowd.

John
10-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Ian!!!! tsk tsk!!!!

Actually, I think it was Mel...:mickey:

dpamac
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM

All right, all right, I apologize. I'm really really sorry. I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused Ian or his family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

TinkerbellT421
10-16-2012, 09:49 PM

:laughing::jaw: Mel?!? is that true? Lol. She always sounds so sweet on the podcasts.....

All right, all right, I apologize. I'm really really sorry. I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused Ian or his family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Can it be considered slander if 99.99% of the time it's true? Lol

Melanie
10-17-2012, 07:26 AM
:laughing::jaw: Mel?!? is that true? Lol. She always sounds so sweet on the podcasts.....

Tis true. I was in rare form that night. Irritated is probably the best word. :blush: Eh, I'm over it now. ;)

Sweet? You did see the profile pic my boys snuck onto my FB page, right? :D :witch:

TinkerbellT421
10-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Tis true. I was in rare form that night. Irritated is probably the best word. :blush: Eh, I'm over it now. ;)

Sweet? You did see the profile pic my boys snuck onto my FB page, right? :D :witch:

HAHAH!!! Yes!!! LOVE IT!!! lol

wdwluv
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
OMG you guys practically have my crying I'm laughing so much at this episode.

I'm totally gonna come with a puppet and look for Michael for you guys this weekend. LOL

wdwluv
10-24-2012, 10:14 AM
OMG again - Gary that pic of Ian has me crying again. LOL

wdwluv
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
LOL -- I felt bad doing that but I had a dinner reservation! :mickey:

Michael , you really need to make sure your schedule is clear to ALWAYS be on these Podcasts!