PDA

View Full Version : Live from Disneyland Day 1

Disney4us2
10-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Cast:
Me: Marci
DD: Jessica

We left home at 5am for our short drive to Disneyland and the Grand Californian Hotel. We checked in just before 6 am and were let into DCA for early entry at 7am.

Didn't get much done. Went to RSR which was not running, but let everyone in line. We finally left the line and Jessica went to ride on TOT. We did a few other things at DCA before heading over to Disneyland.

Being a Sunday... it was very busy and very crowded. We went to Haunted Mansion Holiday and the Halloween Carnival at BTR. It was crowded there and hot. Will have to explore it more later on.

We headed back to the hotel to check up on the room. Found out with the villas you don't get your room until very late. They were kind enough to put a rush on the housekeeping to get us in the room. We have a great room with a Paradise Pier view of DCA. I had asked for a sharps container. Housekeeping brought me a container full of used syringes and needles:jaw::eyes: Um.. no. I called down to the operator/guest services to let them know and they were like WHAT???? They were so sorry. They kept calling me trying to rectifying the situation. They asked what our favorite character was. Jessica likes Stitch among many of the Disney characters. The lead from the hotel guest services showed up at our door with a Stitch pillow pet and an envelope with fastpasses. WOW... how nice and unexpected.
Finally got the container...a new one:thumbsup:

We headed to DCA to use our previous fp for RSR and then over to Disneyland for Jessica to pin trade and see Fantasmic. While waiting for Fantasmic, she discovered her Glow with the Show Ears didn't glow. On the way back to the room, we stopped at the Emporium and talked to one of the CM's. I didn't have a recipt. They still exchanged them for us. Again... a little Disney magic.

Little bits of magic can really add up to a great day.

Tomorrow...
A Royal Gathering, a run to Target and hopefully pool time. It is going to be triple digits.

Melanie
10-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Great first day Marci! :mickey:

faline
10-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Glad the Disney magic took hold!!

tinkwest
10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
I had asked for a sharps container. Housekeeping brought me a container full of used syringes and needles:jaw::eyes: Um.. no. . . .

That is just too weird!!

. . . . Tomorrow...
A Royal Gathering, a run to Target and hopefully pool time. It is going to be triple digits.

Don't melt today. Should be a great day to have fun at the GCH pools. I'm envious!!

DisneyLandMomma
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
We were there yesterday afternoon and it was really HOT and crowded, I was surprised how crowded with it being a Sunday! We just stayed at Disneyland but the entrance lines to DCA seemed pretty long too.

Mary Chase
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Sounds like a good start to your vacation! I love how Disney always goes way beyond what a person would expect - just for the extra Disney magic feel! We've had several instances like your glow ears things - and Disney has always been great about it! Have a great vacation!

Carol
10-02-2012, 11:31 AM
We headed back to the hotel to check up on the room. Found out with the villas you don't get your room until very late. It really depends on how busy the resort/parks are. Our villa was ready at 9AM, when we checked in, in February.

NotaGeek
10-03-2012, 01:59 AM
How fun thanks for the report! I can't wait to read the rest ... :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

Disney4us2
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Even though it is not live any more... I finally uploaded my pictures to photobucket.

We were at park yesterday and saw Ralph from Wreck it Ralph.... OMG... he is soooo big. I couldn't stop laughing. Now I need to upload those pics.;)

Here they are...
www.photobucket.com/marcidisney

IwannabeinNarnia
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Great pictures!!! Sounds like a fun time for you! And some great Disney magic too!