PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Epcot!

VeggieFruitFruit
10-01-2012, 03:15 AM
My favorite theme park and I are both 30 years old. In some ways it feels like I grew up in Epcot Center and the Magic Kingdom, many of my earliest memories are of my grandmother and I strolling through the park trying to catch up to my mom who was always walking faster than us. I may have only been three years old the first time I stepped into Epcot but I have these vivid yet fleeting memories of those early visits to the park. The countless times my grandmother sat through Kitchen Kabaret with me, how she would have listen to my complaining that we had to wait in line for Journey into Imagination, the day I "discovered" that Mexico had a ride in it, pressing the buttons to choose how we would go back to Futureport in Horizons (i always liked the desert the best). I have a son of my own now and I hope I he has the same love of the park that I do, it's a little sad though that he won't be able to experience the same things that I did.

Melanie
10-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Happy 30th Epcot! :party:

Like I've mentioned before on these boards, memories of my first visits to WDW in '83 and '84 are dominated by EPCOT Center, and not MK. I remember eating at San Angel Inn, standing by the waterfall in Canada, Imagination and the Rainbow Tunnel, Energy before Ellen, World of Motion and even those big, creepy World Showcase dolls.

Thank you for the memories Epcot! I've tried to show my boys through the years why I love you so much and I think it's sunk in. :)

wildernesslady
10-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Happy 30th Epcot. I was hooked since my first visit. We have had some great memories there and can't wait for more.

arbie_c
10-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Happy birthday Epcot! I too have many fond memories there & hope to have many more. :mickey:

VWL Mom
10-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Happy 30th Epcot :party2:

Gator
10-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Wahoo! Happy Birthday Epcot! Wish I was there to celebrate with you. You're the reason I fly across the USA to WDW instead of just driving down the freeway to DL.

dobby2010
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday!:party:
Don't tell anyone but I'll be 30 next year so let me know what it's like! Can't wait to bring my little boy to meet you in a couple of years!

figgie
10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Happy Birthday EPCOT! Heading over there now with some friends to help celebrate and eat some good food! Looking forward to INTERCOT 15 when so many will be here, I'll say HI :pixie: for you all...

Nascfan
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday Epcot! Wish I was there today taking flight on Soarin' and a ride through history on our Spaceship Earth and of course exploring all the countries and enjoying the great food of World Showcase. :mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday Epcot!

I will never forget our first visit in July 1985 and running to the Communicore to make our dinner reservations!

steamboat willy
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
WOW....Happy Birthday EPCOT! :party:
How time flys....I remember driving down with my DAD to help him bring his camper back from Florida 30 years and 2 months ago. I went to EPCOT around Christmas for the first time. And really LOVED the Countries.
Now this year, my wife and I will be going to EPCOT for the first time in December together
Can't wait to see the Countries during the Christmas Holidays.
:deer::santa::deer:

bruin1344
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Happy Birthday Epcot. It was my least favorite park when I was 5 to 2nd favorite park within a few years. I love all the great food options, Spaceship Earth, and walking around World Showcase at night. When I went to DL recently, not having Epcot out there was a disappointment.

Lindsey310
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Love love love epcot! Has become one of my favorite parks and it's DH's #1!! :mickey:

Happy birthday epcot :pixie: