PDA

View Full Version : Free D23 Rumor??

VWL Mom
09-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Has anyone seen the online rumor that effective 2013 all DVC members will receive a free Silver D23 membership and if you want to add the quarterly magazine you can pay the difference to upgrade? If it's true, I'm really liking starting like Claire!

faline
09-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Hadn't seen this. After having been a member of the Magic Kingdom Club (free) for a number of years, I just couldn't find enough value in paying what they were charging to join D23 though I would certainly take membership if offered at no cost.

Disney4us2
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM
I will look into it this week on the west coast. We have a Royal Gathering on Monday morning. Maybe they will be announcing it there.

faline
09-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Under the new perks that were previously listed as a "sneak peek" is has this line:

Visit dvcmember.com on October 1 for more details!

DizneyFreak2002
09-28-2012, 06:23 PM
The magazines are pretty worth it, in my opinion... I wouldn't mind a free Silver membership, then paying the difference for the mags... The one thing I think we need to watch for: if this is in fact true, the offer is extended to ALL DVC members, not just to those who do not currently have a D23 membership...

I really like this Claire Bilby...

TinkerbellT421
09-28-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm really starting to like this Claire lady....DBF briefly thought about getting a membership back when it came out and then were eh we already pay enough money for everything Disney/DVC so this is just awesome. I'm starting to think that she realizes that DVC members are getting nothing besides a nice hotel for vacation and cheesy discounts on some restaurants and some stores. Now I'm starting to feel like they are appreciating DVC members a little more, especially seeing we pay so much money to be DVC and are guaranteed yearly visitors if not several times a year.

phlo8810
09-28-2012, 08:09 PM
This Claire chick is starting to grow on me!
I'm still waiting for the DVC member card=fastpass announcement.

FiggyFan
09-29-2012, 07:24 AM
What benefits does D23 provide that DVC membership doesn't?

DizneyRox
09-29-2012, 03:00 PM
What benefits does D23 provide that DVC membership doesn't?
Silver membership basically gets you the ability of buying more of the D23 swag. Giving away Silver Membership is really nothing.

It's much like the Free Internet for DVC members.

I suspect dues will go up enough to cover any actual costs associated with any 'perks', just like they did with Internet. I don't beleive they went back down once 'free' Internet was made available to everyone.