PDA

View Full Version : non character meals

merryc17
09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Are there any good buffets without characters? We love Chef Mickey for breakfast or dinner, but we are 2 adults without kids. It would be nice if we could have the awesome meal without the characters feeling like they have to come over to our table.

...or maybe there should be something you can put on your table to say "We're just here for the food!":thumbsup::mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Boma comes to mind!

Dopey's Girl
09-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I love one of the breakfast items at Crystal Palace so we eat there a lot. I just make it a point to get up and get my food when I know there are characters coming. I love eather there though, because the reactions from the kids are just so much fun to see! They tend not to make as big a fuss over tables with just adults anyway.

faline
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't avoid going to a buffet you want to visit just because characters will be there. You'll find lots of adults (unaccompanied by children and of all ages) at character meals.

In addition to Boma, other spots that come to mind (while some are not strictly buffets, they might be all you can eat meals) include, Biergarted, O'Hana's and Trail's End.

Gator
09-29-2012, 07:17 PM
As an adult who often acts like a child, I really love the character meals. Even before I had kids I'd go to see the characters. But that's just me. The only park buffet I can think of with no characters is Hollywood and Vine. But that's just for dinner. They have characters there in the am and for lunch.

TinkerbellT421
09-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Cape may dinner is a buffet with no characters. Their breakfast has characters though, I believe.

disneynarula
10-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Boma is our favorite. No characters excellent food. This is our favorite place to eat on property.

Cape May has a non character dinner
Hollywood and Vine has a non character dinner. I believe there is a buffet for dinner at the Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness.

Captain's Grille has a non character buffet breakfast

IMHO the food is terrible at most of the character dinners and it is not worth it if you are an adult unless you are really into the characters. We did Chef Mickeys about six years ago when our DSs were small and it was awful.

Now DD is almost three and she loves Minnie so we are trying a breakfast at Cape May but it is only going to be DD, MIL and myself. Everyone else is staying behind.

Lindsey310
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Boma or cape may cafe for the clambake are two good choices. Ohana is good too :mickey:

By the way welcome to intercot!!!!!!! :pixie:

merryc17
10-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone! I will have to look into all of your suggestions!:mickey:

mydisneygirls
10-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Don't be discouraged from going to buffets with characters because you don't have kids. We just returned from our trip and I kept pointing out to my daughters the adults that were there by themselves. The characters are mindful of it and just go by and say hi and if you want a picture, they are very good about it. My daughters are older (15 and 13) and we still ate at the buffets....1900 Park Fare was our favorite and we ate there a couple of times. However, we weren't overwhelmed by Chef Mickey's (food wasn't great so we didn't go back). We did love O'Hana and ate there twice. I'd say go where you want for the food, characters or not.