PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk?

WDW84
09-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Four adults heading to WDW in January for Marathon Weekend. We are planning to stay at one of the EPCOT area resorts and cannot decide which one is the best fit. Recent reviews of BC and YC are both good overall however the common theme seems to be that the properties are in need of refurbishment. Anyone have recent stays at BC/YC? Would you choose Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk and why? Thanks!
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

BrerGnat
09-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Well, I know the property is undergoing some refurbishments to the public areas right now! The gym, Hurricane Hannah's, and a couple other things are "offline" right now. By January, should be done.

As for the rooms themselves, they were updated a couple of years ago and are really nice! We stayed at the BC in December 2011 and April 2010 and both times, our room was in excellent condition. I see nothing wrong with the "hotel" part of the YC & BC (i.e. the rooms themselves and hallways). And, before all these renovations started, I didn't notice that they were really even needed. I do know that they also repainted the exterior of the resorts fairly recently.

I would recommend either the YC or BC in a heartbeat. Just make sure you can get marathon transportation from them (to the starting line on the day of the race).

Scar
09-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I've stayed at BW & BC. Of the 2, as adults I would stay at BW. More quiet and boardwalk activites/bars right downstairs. But my main reason is the walk. I usually always walk to DHS and Epcot. I don't mind the slightly longer walk to Epcot, but the much shorter walk to DHS is great.

Tigerinvestigator
09-28-2012, 10:34 AM
You will get so many different opinions on this. Personally I would choose the Dolphin over all three of these resorts. But if I had to choose between those three I would pick the Beach Club. It just seems a little more relaxing than the others and it is the closest to Epcot by a few steps. The Yacht club is really nice and you won't be disappointed with it either. The Boardwalk is our least favorite Deluxe resort at WDW. We just didn't like the feel of the BW and it seemed loud and crowded to us. We can walk the boardwalk from the other resorts when we want. The Dolphin just fits our family better and the price is usually half what the other resorts charge. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I actually enjoy the Dolphin, too. I was not a fan of the Beach Club. Next time, if I stay in that area again (and I really prefer the Seven Seas Lagoon location near MK), I would try Yacht Club. It had a more upscale, adult vibe that I enjoy. The Beach Club was not my style, too crowded feeling with lots of kids running around (which one might expect at a Disney hotel, but the lobby was not a comfortable place for me). But I might try the Boardwalk eventually, too.

figgie
09-28-2012, 11:16 AM
We have stayed at the Yacht Club many times and love it. For adults, it was just a better fit for us, a little quieter and refined. The Beach CLub was definitely geared more to families and was louder and more laid back. There is good transportation for the marathon. Boardwalk was a little to "night" active for us, but we were in a noisey area that went on way to late for us. If it was me and those were my choices, YC for sure...

Scar
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
We just didn't like the feel of the BW and it seemed loud and crowded to us.

Boardwalk was a little to "night" active for us, but we were in a noisey area that went on way to late for us. Did you guys have rooms overlooking the boardwalk? I had a standard room in the middle of the Inn side and it could not have possibly been any more quiet or seemed more empty. I would reccomend that for anyone concerned about noise.

Stickey
09-28-2012, 03:22 PM
I would give the YC the edge. BWI is also a good option. We were disappointed in the service at the BC. The CM's at the YC and BWI were great.

All of the resorts are great for the walking option to Epcot and DHS. Drink refills and quick breakfast items are available at the BC. BW Bakery is convenient to the BWI.

BrerGnat
09-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I liked the location of BWI, but I prefer the YC/BC complex overall.

Really, though, you can't go wrong at any of the Epcot resorts. They are all pretty wonderful.

Keneva
09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Consider the Swan. We stayed at the Swan for a couple of days this August across the canal from the BW. It was very clean and modern, had WDW transportation including boat launch, EMH and best of all it was priced a good bit below YC, BC & BW. We didn't feel like we were "off-site". :number1:

WDW84
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks so much for your responses everyone! We went with Beach Club - can't wait until January!!:mickey::mickey:

CMCTxMom
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks so much for your responses everyone! We went with Beach Club - can't wait until January!!:mickey::mickey:

I hope you love it! :)

It's so interesting to read everyone's takes on the different resorts. It's such a personal opinion thing. For us, we LOVE Beach. We were looking at different choices for our upcoming January trip - and we had our minds made up - but we couldn't stay away. Back to the Beach Club it is - Villas in January and Concierge floor in June. Sigh. Maybe someday we'll branch out...

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I've haven't stayed at any of them, unfortunately. But if I had the cash, it would be Boardwalk hands down. It just looks so great - plus the waterslide looks pretty amazing.

buzznwoodysmom
10-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I have stayed at all three. Honestly, for some reason the Boardwalk just didn't quite do it for me. I can't pin point anything wrong, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed other deluxe resorts. The best thing about it was definitely our view. We looked out on the back exit of the resort with Spaceship Earth straight ahead! Other than that view everything else about the resort was unmemorable, and my kids did not like the pool. We did enjoy walking the boardwalk at night, but we do that when we stay at the other Epcot area resorts.

I'd pick BC or YC over the BWI hands down. I think I slightly prefered YC, but I love that dark wood nautical decor that is done so well at YC. We were at YC in August and our room was in excellent shape. I didn't see anything that appeared to be in need of replacing. They were painting the exterior of the building while we were there, but like another poster already mentioned we didn't notice anything at either resort that looked run down or in disrepair.

Having stayed at both I would say if your traveling with young kids you might prefer the bright airiness of BC, but if it's adults only you'd probably like the quieter feel of YC. I didn't think either resort was over run with kids, or overly loud. But there is definitely a noticable difference, with YC being quieter, more adult oriented.

You really can't go wrong with any of these three resorts. As much as I love MK and the MK resorts, I am always surprised at how much I enjoy staying in the Epcot resort area.

Jayhorn
10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
We LOVE the Boardwalk. We really like the decor and atmosphere of the place. That being said, I'd recommend any of the three resorts because of the proximity to Epcot. Just pick the themeing that you prefer. As far as location, Boardwalk has a slight advantage in walking distance to The Studios, which may be a selling point.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Well, we've only stayed at Beach Club so....Beach Club it is!! Great reviews for all three and in the same area - can't go wrong, really just personal needs/preference. ENJOY!