PDA

View Full Version : Another BOG question

disneysmiles
09-28-2012, 04:41 AM
A friend just returned from the world and said he was told by a cast member that people will not be seeing the inside of the castle for lunch. From what he said, you will walk up to an outside window, order your food, and find outside seating. Has anyone else heard this? I am really hoping this isn't true! We plan on eating lunch here our first day just to see inside!

Pirate Granny
09-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Wow, didn't read anything like this...you do give your order at kiosk and they get a number and take a seat and they bring the food to you. Don't know where outside they would manage that seating... Time will tell, we're there the week after thanksgiving...couldn't get an ADR for dinner...tried 8 hours to get into the phone lines the day they opened for ADRs. :(

BrerGnat
09-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I doubt that is true. The restaurant from day one has been billed as "Counter Service at lunch, Table Service at dinner" but there is no outdoor seating that I am aware of. It may be that you order from a kiosk or window that is outside, but then I think you take a number to a table and they bring you the food (a la Wolfgang Puck Express). A few CS places at Disneyland operate this way.

bwang123
09-28-2012, 09:17 AM
CM was probably incorrect.

“Lunch is quick service, but not traditional counter service,” says Deardorff. Guest-activated terminals make ordering a snap (there also will be traditional cashiers for cash orders and special dietary requests). You order, take a seat and lunch is delivered to your table – on china, not paper.

I doubt they would bring everyone china plates outside. Also, why would they not utilize a rather large empty space during lunch?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/chef-of-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-new-fantasyland-shares-his-favorites-from-the-menu/

TheRustyScupper
09-28-2012, 11:56 PM
1) You order you lunch at the kiosk or the counter.
2) It is brought to your table.
3) You go to the QS dining area.
4) You are not allowed to view inside the two TS rooms.

Gator
09-29-2012, 07:18 PM
You get to go inside, but you probably don't get to see all the fancy stuff without being lucky enough to grab a ADR.