PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom wet rides / play areas?

JanJanM
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
HI everyone, first trip in 10 days, and getting very nervous / excited. This might be a silly question - but can anyone give me a heads up about which rides / play areas we can expect to get wet at the Magic Kingdom. I've heard tips from others about this, but now i can't remember. I want to be prepared w/ a change of clothes !

AgentC
09-28-2012, 12:13 AM
For rides, it is mainly Splash Mountain. You can get a little wet on The Magic Carpets of Aladdin if the camel hits you.

The main play area would be Casey Jr Splash N' Soak area near Dumbo. My children did get thoroughly soaked there. Luckily, there is a bathroom near by. There is also a cart that sells towels ($19.99), water shoes and swim suits.

The other area I can think of is the totem poles in Adventureland. They are near the steps to the Jungle Cruise and across from the Magic Carpets and Tiki room. They are not always on but if they are you can get quite wet.

The camel in front of the Magic Carpet ride also shots water but there really isn't an opportunity to play in the water since it is on a main path.

EJS-Houston
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah...Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom and Kali River Rapids in Animal Kingdom I think are the only two rides where you can be assured to get really wet. These days, I always visit the dollar store before going to DisneyWorld and buy some cheap rain ponchos for everyone in my party just for those two rides. That way you don't have to carry a change of clothes and at the end of trip (or as soon as you're done with those two rides) you can simply pitch the ponchos.

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I've used the poncho idea and it works really well on rides like Splash Mt and especially on Kali River Rapids at AK. But as far as the playgound where the water is squirting out, just be prepared to change them quickly.