PDA

View Full Version : Epcot's Cava Tequila (is that how you spell it?)..lol

Sunshine1010
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
My husband and I would like to try this place...but only walked past it one time.

Is it just a walk-up place?...where you can sit down and eat/drink?

I'm assuming nothing would be covered by the dining plan....correct?

Opinions of this place?

Is it usually jammed packed full of people?

SBETigg
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
La Cava del Tequila, yes. It is usually packed, and there are only one or two tables, maybe three? It's really more a drinking place, though they do have some snacks on the menu, nothing on the DP, I think. You can stand at the bar if there's room. When it's super crowded, they encourage you to buy your drink and move on. They will put things in to-go cups. But you can stay at the bar and have your drink, too. They're friendly and helpful. They won't rush you off, but sometimes the crowd gets pushy if there's a wait and a line at the door. If you manage to snag one of the tables, it would be more conducive to staying and having a snack.

It's especially crowded during the F & W festival, and we found that stopping in during Illuminations (on a Tuesday or Thursday, when they stay open until ten) was the best time to go. We love it there. My husband learned quite a lot about tequilas from talking to the staff, and they chatted with me quite a bit about Mexico. Super nice people there, especially during quieter hours when they really have time to talk.

Sunshine1010
09-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Wow - 2 tables? I'm sure (well, at least I hope) that since they seem to be busy as you say, they'll possibly add more tables (if possible).

We'd love to try their homemade guacamole and chips and the little taco's they have. The drinks look delicious.

SBETigg
09-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Wow - 2 tables? I'm sure (well, at least I hope) that since they seem to be busy as you say, they'll possibly add more tables (if possible).

We'd love to try their homemade guacamole and chips and the little taco's they have. The drinks look delicious.

Not possible. It's a tiny place. Most of the crowd moves along quickly, though. It is a long wait for the tables sometimes, most times really. They will let you order snacks if you're standing at the bar space, too, it just isn't really the best atmosphere to enjoy a relaxed nosh. There's a wine bar now in Italy, Tutto Gusto inside the same Tutto Italia building, that is supposed to be a lot less busy for staying awhile. But I haven't been there yet, so not sure.

Kairi_7378
09-25-2012, 06:33 PM
My recommendation would be to get a drink to go and then walk around the pavillion.

mdricks
09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I have been there more times than I would admit (or remember). It seems to me that as time has passed the spot has gotten more popular. When I first was there we lounged around for quite a bit of time. Now I feel more rushed to get my tequila on and get out of the way. :marg:

Looking forward to being there in 4 weeks!

:number1:

readytogo2
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
whats best here ?

mdricks
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
IMHO the tequila.

I think tequila is an underrated beverage with as much nuance and variety as scotch or bourbon.

They have an impressive selection and if you are able to verbalize what flavors you like the most the staff is very knowledgeable.

I have spent hours sipping on shots and discussing distillation method with the bartenders.

I’ve been told they even have food!:blush:

:number1:

Yo Mickey!
09-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Not possible. It's a tiny place. Most of the crowd moves along quickly, though. It is a long wait for the tables sometimes, most times really. They will let you order snacks if you're standing at the bar space, too, it just isn't really the best atmosphere to enjoy a relaxed nosh. There's a wine bar now in Italy, Tutto Gusto inside the same Tutto Italia building, that is supposed to be a lot less busy for staying awhile. But I haven't been there yet, so not sure.

this. my wife and i will be at both of these places for our anniversary weekend oct 5-9. i've been here and it is small but a great place to try some new tequila. tutto gusto is definitely bigger and a great time. their dishes are very small but extremely tasty.

SBETigg
09-26-2012, 07:08 PM
this. my wife and i will be at both of these places for our anniversary weekend oct 5-9. i've been here and it is small but a great place to try some new tequila. tutto gusto is definitely bigger and a great time. their dishes are very small but extremely tasty.

I've been to Cava, but not to Tutti Gusto. Will look forward to more reports. I'm glad you liked it. Sounds awesome.

Best thing to try at Cava del Tequila, besides some new tequilas (I love the sampler and the sangrita chaser) is the avocado margarita, which is a little more unique. I don't love that one, but I did like the jalapeno margarita and some of their fruity varieties.

Melanie
09-26-2012, 07:49 PM
There are more than 2 tables Sherri. Maybe 7 or 8?

I've lounged there a few times and even got chips one time with my MIL. But more often than not, I've gotten my margarita to go. Be sure to ask for the left-overs that are still in the blender when your drink is poured in the to-go cups. They will give it to you. Just ask Christine! ;)

SBETigg
09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
There are more than 2 tables Sherri. Maybe 7 or 8?

I've lounged there a few times and even got chips one time with my MIL. But more often than not, I've gotten my margarita to go. Be sure to ask for the left-overs that are still in the blender when your drink is poured in the to-go cups. They will give it to you. Just ask Christine! ;)

Are there really that many? It never looks like it from the entry. And they have always been full, so I never really studied or counted. Usually full with large parties when I've been there, so maybe they pushed a few together. Huh.

Joannelet
09-26-2012, 09:43 PM
We just went today. There are a few tables inside and today was the day they no longer serve any food. They will only be serving chips and salsa from now on.
The cucumber margarita is delish!!!

Melanie
09-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Are there really that many? It never looks like it from the entry.

I know the wall on the right has maybe 4 or 5 small/2 tops that could possibly be pushed together, and then maybe 2 bigger tables on the other wall. I'll try and find a pic.

Melanie
09-27-2012, 06:56 AM
LOL Sherri, I see you asked them on Twitter how many tables they have. Confirmed at 9. :)

SBETigg
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
LOL Sherri, I see you asked them on Twitter how many tables they have. Confirmed at 9. :)

Yes! Mind-blown here. I wanted to get the right information to confirm, and they have 9 tables. I've never been close to getting one, and apparently had no real idea. So, I'm sorry for misleading. But two tables or ten, it's still hard to get a table there during busy times. Maybe in September. I've been in August and more recently, last F & W Fest. During F & W Fest, they even resort to giving out plastic cups for the tequila flights, so many customers they don't have time to do dishes.