PDA

View Full Version : Camera Suggestions??

DisneyGirl85
09-25-2012, 09:43 AM
29 days and counting until I am back at the world! I am looking for a Camera for a decent price (maybe $250 or less) that still has a great zoom and takes great pictures. :photo: Does anyone have any recommendations? If this topic has already been done, or if I put it in the wrong place please point me in the right direction...Thanks!

John
09-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Just bought a Sony DSC-WX100 point and shoot to complement my Canon Rebel - and it seems to do a nice job for the price. 18.2 Megapixels, 10x optical zoom and 1080p HD video.

$229

http://amzn.to/PjVWE6

azcavalier
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
I know i'm in the minority, but I don't care for Nikon and Canon point 'n' shoot cameras (though they make fine DSLRs). I think that Sony and Panasonic make some excellent small cameras, though. I have a few models that I think are great, but they're more than the $250 you mentioned.

The Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V is an excellent point 'n' shoot camera with a long zoom on it. Lots of great features. It's just over $300.

Kenny1113
09-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Great thread! Is it OK if I piggy back on this to also request suggestions on a decent waterproof point and shoot? To compliment DSLR.
Thanks

Lindsey310
09-26-2012, 09:12 PM
DH and I travel frequently to WDW (of course!!) and to the Caribbean. When we took our honeymoon to Hawaii last year, we knew we needed a new camera. We picked one with a great anti blur (literally I am walking and taking pics and they are perfect) and great features including the fact it's waterproof and has great zooming features.

It is the Sony cybershot DSC TX-10. Waterproof up to 16 feet so we took it snorkeling in Hawaii and again in castaway cay in march. I am in love with this camera!!! Worth every penny :mickey: