PDA

View Full Version : Renting points and how many

rugby1725
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
So I am looking at renting points for an upcoming trip and have hit a few of the boards where people are listing what they have available and have a question about information I'm getting back. Does Disney charge different people different amounts of points for the same room. I have one person telling me they have a 2 bedroom, Savannah view at Kidani for 280 points and another telling me the same thing is 331. The online calculators show it as 280 so do the charge different for some people or is somebody just trying to make some extra money.

Lindsey310
09-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Most likely, they are trying to make money. Considering it's the exact same dates and location. This happened to my friend, shes actually there now in a 1 bedroom at Saratoga, one told her $1250 for Sunday to Friday and another told her $1650 for the exact same week. (I forgot what the points equivalent was).

Go with the cheaper deal :mickey:

By the way, welcome to intercot!!!! :welcome:

VWL Mom
09-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Same points for all people. With a point spread like that I suggest you double check with them 50 points for a week is normally the difference between standard and savannah. I can only suggest to be sure you're comparing apples to apples before deciding.

There is also a chance that one is telling you what the point value is as opposed to what is available to book.

Dollar wise, what they want to charge for their points is totally up to them. I would suggest you check with our sponsor Timeshare Store and see what they have to offer.

DizneyRox
09-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Point charts are all over the net, you can see the actual cost. Look up your dates, add up the cost per night and there you go.

Be advised, you may want 2BR Standard View, but it's possible only Savanah view is available. The member should let you know that.