PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream

Sunshine1010
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Well...apparently, I am 'behind the times'. Is BEACHES & CREAM a TS or a CS?

Jeri Lynn
09-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I believe Beaches and Cream is considered a TS restaurant.

buzznwoodysmom
09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Beaches N Cream is considered a TS location, and if on the dining plan you would use a TS credit to eat here. They also have a little walk up "window" where you can order from a more limited menu. Not sure how the "window" works with the dining plan, but I guess I'd consider that walk up window to be more of a QS location. BNC also does NOT take ADRs, they are strictly "walk up".

Simba's Mom
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
What puzzles me a little is that if I'm not mistaken, it's the only resturant that doesn't take ADRs but is still TS.

buzznwoodysmom
09-24-2012, 07:58 PM
What puzzles me a little is that if I'm not mistaken, it's the only resturant that doesn't take ADRs but is still TS.

I could be wrong, but I thought there were a couple of other places that don't take ADRs, no? ESPN at the Boardwalk comes to mind, although I don't think it's a Disney owned restaurant, which may be the reason. But isn't there another location that doesn't take ADRs?

Sunshine1010
09-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah...those were some of the points I was wondering about. We want to take the kids JUST to get The Kitchen Sink, ...and this restaurant somewhat confused me.

It's good to know that I do NOT need an ADR for that restaurant.

Thanks!

buzznwoodysmom
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah...those were some of the points I was wondering about. We want to take the kids JUST to get The Kitchen Sink, ...and this restaurant somewhat confused me.

It's good to know that I do NOT need an ADR for that restaurant.

Thanks!

We got the Kitchen Sink for dinner once. Only on vacation can dinner be a giant bowl of ice cream. LOL. We also ordered a few orders of french fries to go with it.We had a party of 3 adults and 4 kids and we couldn't eat the whole thing. It was fun to try tho!

We've eaten at BNC a few times and I don't think we've ever waited more than 25-30 minutes. Try to go at an off time and your wait will likely be shorter.

Just this past Aug. while staying at YC we tried to have dinner there one night and the wait was 45 minutes. We opted for the walk up line, got our shakes, then got burgers and hot dogs from the pool instead. But that's the only time we've ever encountered that long of a wait.

Pirate Granny
09-24-2012, 08:54 PM
The pool stand is closed right now...hopefully they will have more offerings on the take out menu.

TinkerbellT421
09-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Only ice cream can be ordered through the take out window just so you know. But it is definitely considered a table service. The kitchen sink always looks like a big soggy mess when we see someone order it and by the time they even get close to the end if possible, it's a big ice cream soup lol

azcavalier
09-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Only ice cream can be ordered through the take out window just so you know. But it is definitely considered a table service. The kitchen sink always looks like a big soggy mess when we see someone order it and by the time they even get close to the end if possible, it's a big ice cream soup lol

We've done it twice. It's not bad when it first comes out, but it's pretty disgusting by the time you get finished. It is totally melted and soupy in the bottom. It's one of those things that always sounds good, and then once you're about 3/4 of the way through, you're wondering what you were thinking.

Simba's Mom
09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
We've done it twice. It's not bad when it first comes out, but it's pretty disgusting by the time you get finished. It is totally melted and soupy in the bottom. It's one of those things that always sounds good, and then once you're about 3/4 of the way through, you're wondering what you were thinking.

But as DH reminds me "It's all part of the experience". Where else at WDW can you be the center of attention (with the blinking lights presentation) and get pictures like that? One time when DH and I ordered one (Yes, just the two of us have ordered it twice), the guy at the next table leaned over and whispered "You guys are my heros" because we'd ordered it for lunch. Apparently his wife was making him eat kind of healthy. What memories!

buzznwoodysmom
09-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, it is a soupy mess by the end, but it's too fun to not do at least once.

Brer_Fox
09-25-2012, 12:58 PM
The Kitchen Sink sounds like a blast. I have never tried it and since I will be at the Beach Club this year maybe I will.

Can one person handle it? Or do you need a team? Does Disney do anything special like give you t shirt if you finish it all?

Sunshine1010
09-25-2012, 01:27 PM
LOL ....yeah, we know it's gonna be soupy, nasty and gross towards the end. But....it's something the kids will talk about for a while. And THAT, in itself, is worth it. :-) LOL