PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights on Cinderella's Castle

eagvent
09-24-2012, 05:15 PM
When do they shut down? Thanks.

Strmchsr
09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
It varies from year to year but this year they'll stay on until Jan 1, 2013. That's about a week earlier than last year.

faberj
09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
When do they start??? We will be there 11/1 through 11/10. Hoping to see them at the first MVMCP on 11/9. We saw them for the first time back in 2008 and it was AMAZING! Can't wait for our little guy to see them.

Strmchsr
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
When do they start???

Nov 2

MickeysBestPal
09-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Nov 2

I'm thinking Nov. 9.

Nov. 2 is the date of the final MNSSHP (Halloween Party.)
They wouldn't be turned on for that.

Nov. 9 is the date of the first MVMCP (Christmas Party.)
They usually time the Castle Dream Lights start to coincide with that.

After that date, the Dream Lights will be turned on every night (MVMCP or not)
up through the end of MK's Christmas holiday season.

Strmchsr
09-28-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm thinking Nov. 9.

I know it seems strange, especially with the laat MNSSHP that night, but Nov 2 is the date on the official press release (even posted on sites like USA Today). I went back and double-checked. Nov 9 is the date for the first MVMCP and when the Osborne Lights start, but the Castle lights are listed as Nov 2-Jan 1. It's possible there was a typo on the press release, but that's the official information that's out there.

MickeysBestPal
09-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I know it seems strange, especially with the laat MNSSHP that night, but Nov 2 is the date on the official press release (even posted on sites like USA Today). I went back and double-checked. Nov 9 is the date for the first MVMCP and when the Osborne Lights start, but the Castle lights are listed as Nov 2-Jan 1. It's possible there was a typo on the press release, but that's the official information that's out there.

Looks like that "Nov. 2" date can be traced back to some (erroneous?) info posted back in July of this year when Disney released some holiday dates (some have since been deleted from their site.)

Looks like the Nov. 2 date would not make too much sense as the first night of the Dream Lights... as why would they perform the Cinderella's Holiday Wish ceremony to light the Dream Lights (approx. 6:15PM,) then turn them off 45 minutes later at the 7PM start of the Halloween Party? (The castle uses much "spookier" lighting effects during MNSSHP.)

The best current Dream Lights info I can find seems to point to Nov. 5-6 for the 2012 premiere.

We'll just have to stay tuned for more updates as the dates get closer.

awaggett
09-28-2012, 05:54 PM
We were there this week as they were putting the lights up. We stayed at the Contemporary and on two nights (very late) we could see the Christmas lights--they looked great. Made up for seeing the crane at the Castle during the week!