PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys or Crystal Palace dinner?

minnie-mouse
09-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Which would you rather do for dinner?

joanna71985
09-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Depends on which characters you like better. If it doesn't matter, I prefer Crystal Palace myself

Strmchsr
09-23-2012, 01:57 PM
:ditto: Food is about the same. Neither is seriously high quality. It's much more about the characters. Personally, I prefer the breakfast at both over dinner (though breakfast is pretty much the same, too).

AgentC
09-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Do the characters matter? Crystal Palace is Pooh & friends. Chef Mickey's is Mickey and the gang.
Do you care if you are in the park or out of the park?

Chef Mickey's is a little more expensive and I don't like the atmosphere as much as the Crystal Palace. CP is prettier and I think a little quieter depending on where you are seated.

Itchy
09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I am not sure if they still do this at Chef Mickey's but the last time we were there they took a family photo before you were seated. Later they would come around and try to sell you the photo package, I think around $40.

At Crystal Palace they did not do that.

As previous posters have stated it will depend on the characters you want to see. I personally prefer Crystal Palace it seemed a little less hectic to me. The food seemed about the same.

Either way have a great time....:mickey:

Mary Chase
09-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I never miss Chef Mickey's - I think the food is better than Crystal Palace & we like getting the picture before the meal. I think reservations are much more difficult to get at Chef Mickey's than they are for Crystal Palace - at least it was in our case. We always go during free dining and I make the reservations for Chef Mickey's 180 days out(or whatever the limit is now).

minnie-mouse
09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
We are already booking breakfast at both, so it's not so much about the characters as it is the food this time. How are the dinner foods at each?

Strmchsr
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
How are the dinner foods at each?

Personally I would say okay, but not great. There are certainly much better dining experiences for dinner.

AgentC
09-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I am going to echo Chris. The food is fine, but nothing special. Neither would be my top choice for dinner unless I was going for the characters. Have you considered eating some place else in the MK area?

tinxmom
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Garden Grill is a delicious dinner, plus Chip and Dale!

minnie-mouse
09-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I Have you considered eating some place else in the MK area?

Well, it will be the day we are at MK so we were looking for sit down restaurant that wouldnt be too far from MK. Any suggestions? I really like having salad and veggie options for myself, the rest of my family is not too picky.