PDA

View Full Version : Tour Group Sightings

texas211
09-23-2012, 10:20 AM
I just got back after 8 days at WDW. BTG sightings. I thought they'd be gone by now, but guess not. Did not see any of them at Dixie Landings.

sassafras
09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
We also just got back from 8 days. Didn't see any at POR or AKL but lots in the park...probably the most we've seen in several years.

Wolf
09-24-2012, 03:06 PM
:ill: I think I might cry...We intentionally picked this time of year to avoid BTG...

Melanie
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Huh. Interesting. I'm surprised to hear this.

darthmacho
09-24-2012, 04:30 PM
During my 14-day trip in August, I saw lots of tour groups from all over the world, Asia, Europe, and South America, and not one of them was behaving badly or disruptive. During our last week at Pop, there seemed to be a group of Latin American (not sure what country, because I was too shy to ask) teenage girls and their guides that were all over the place. They queued up in groups, sat on the ground in random areas to discuss their plans and occasionally broke out in a song, but I'm delighted to say that never once did I witness them being disruptive of causing problems. :mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
09-25-2012, 08:42 AM
We went from 9/8 to 9/20 and did not see that many groups. The ones we did see were small in numbers (20 to 25 persons) at the most and all were very polite and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Never heard one chant or song and as others have mentioned in other threatds, when we saw them go one way, we went the other. No biggie.

The only problematic group that I saw was a small group of teenage girls (Americans) on the Tomorrowland Speedway. They were from some junior or senior high school and were wearing pink T-shirts. Man, they were quite impressed with themseves as they blatantly rammed their car into the cars ahead of them (after being repeatedly told not to by those CMs standing there watching them. They even tried to climb out of their car before pulling up to their designated number because it was drizzling some. The CMs did get a little heated and frustrated with these girls as the car ahead of them was not impressed by being hit repeatedly as these little angels laughed hysterically. Finally, a CM ran to their car and AGAIN asked them to sit down and the CM finished the drive for them. These gilrs then exited and loudly proclaimed that the CM had to "lighten up dude" as they walked away with their noses in the air. SPOILER ALERT....NO CHAPERONES or ADULTS to repremand these young ladies. I know, it's a shocker.

Wolf
09-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm glad to hear it! Maybe Disney finally had a talk with the chaperones?

ddcrna
09-30-2012, 04:58 AM
We just came home yesterday and didn't see any large groups. There were a few groups of twenty of so, but very few.

LVT
09-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear about the local girls. As a parent, I would be ashamed and say something, maybe a useless something, but it is the parent's role.

AgentC
09-30-2012, 09:14 AM
I only saw 1 tour group this weekend and it was an adult group.

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I just got back after 8 days at WDW. BTG sightings. I thought they'd be gone by now, but guess not. Did not see any of them at Dixie Landings.

Dixie Landings? Haha.

Did you see them mostly at MGM Studios, or over at EPCOT Center? :D

ransam
10-02-2012, 05:30 PM
i've gone during many different times and seems there are always there.

personally i love them. i love the enthusiasm, the joy they have. the laughter, the singing. it adds to my magic.

TiggeRia
10-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I was there from 9/24 - 9/29 and only came in contact with a few of the tour groups two of those days. They were more middle aged people and seemed to be fairly quiet...no issues for us.

Aurora
10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
We went from 9/8 to 9/20 and did not see that many groups. The ones we did see were small in numbers (20 to 25 persons) at the most and all were very polite and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Never heard one chant or song and as others have mentioned in other threatds, when we saw them go one way, we went the other. No biggie.

The only problematic group that I saw was a small group of teenage girls (Americans) on the Tomorrowland Speedway. They were from some junior or senior high school and were wearing pink T-shirts. Man, they were quite impressed with themseves as they blatantly rammed their car into the cars ahead of them (after being repeatedly told not to by those CMs standing there watching them. They even tried to climb out of their car before pulling up to their designated number because it was drizzling some. The CMs did get a little heated and frustrated with these girls as the car ahead of them was not impressed by being hit repeatedly as these little angels laughed hysterically. Finally, a CM ran to their car and AGAIN asked them to sit down and the CM finished the drive for them. These gilrs then exited and loudly proclaimed that the CM had to "lighten up dude" as they walked away with their noses in the air. SPOILER ALERT....NO CHAPERONES or ADULTS to repremand these young ladies. I know, it's a shocker.

Not to hijack the thread, but WHY were these girls not EJECTED from the park??? Not only were they blatantly disregarding several rules, but they were endangering the safety of others. Security should have been called and these girls made an example of. AND Disney should have publicized it themselves to let guests know safety comes first. This kind of thing drives me bonkers. :mad:

stephicakes
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
We were there 9/21-9/26 and did not see any tour groups of any kind at all. Not one. I wouldn't worry too much! :)