PDA

View Full Version : Testing fast pass at haunted mansion and roya walls are open

Joannelet
09-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Yesterday they were testing for fast pass at this ride. For stand by it was a 20 minute wait. (which was probably longer because of people playing with the distractors) drives me crazy because you cannot pass them!

My cousin who was just there last week said the walls were not open heading into The new section of Fantasyland. And they were blocked off. Now we are walking through the walls that look like you are exiting the area of Cinderella's castle. Very pretty. The sections look great and everything is coming along! I am hoping we get picked to check out Belle's castle! I keep telling my hubby look happy when we pass a cast member! :)

Main Street Jim
09-23-2012, 09:12 AM
They put FP back in at Haunted Mansion? They had it back in the early 2000's and removed it in about 2006...The attraction really doesn't need FP as it's a constant-moving, constant-loading system....same with Buzz Lightyear; I never understood why it got FP as well....

Lindsey310
09-23-2012, 10:00 AM
They put FP back in at Haunted Mansion? They had it back in the early 2000's and removed it in about 2006...The attraction really doesn't need FP as it's a constant-moving, constant-loading system....same with Buzz Lightyear; I never understood why it got FP as well....

Wow this is interesting. I never understood why they had fast pass at Haunted mansion, it has been years without it and I think the wait is just fine, considering it loads a lot of people at one time. :mickey:

texas211
09-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Yesterday they were testing for fast pass at this ride. For stand by it was a 20 minute wait. (which was probably longer because of people playing with the distractors) drives me crazy because you cannot pass them!

I walk past them if they are obviously there too long. But, when we were there the line split and you could still bypass the extended queue.

buzznwoodysmom
09-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I walk past them if they are obviously there too long. But, when we were there the line split and you could still bypass the extended queue.

:ditto:

You can bypass the interactive area if you want to. We went through the new queue once just to check it out, but in the future we'll bypass it to save time.

Joannelet
09-23-2012, 11:09 PM

I was so mad about it because I too find it unnecessary. We complained about the line and thats when we were told it was testing fastpasses today. She told us when it lightens up she will open the line instead of making us go through the graveyard but she said the traffic was too heavy yet so she coudn't. We walked all the way through the cemetary and then she opened the line and let all people who just got in line go in front of us. I was not happy.

Ugh.
We could not pass the people playing the items. There was really no room. I don't remember it being that tight but it seemed like they are trying to keep you from passing people playing with the stuff.

MickeysBestPal
09-24-2012, 02:40 AM

This is all part of the new "FastPass+" situation.

They are adding FP to some attractions that don't need FP, just so they can allow unsuspecting guests to "pre-choose" FP's.

Without adding these superfluous FP availabilities to the mix, they would not have enough FP availabilities to make the new system work.

Experienced guests will be snapping up FP+'s for Soarin', TSM, Space Mtn., Safari, Exp. Everest, etc. so early that those attractions' FP+ will all be taken, and leave nothing for many guests to choose...
so, those unknowing/unlucky guests can get a FP for Haunted Mansion (and similar) and still feel like they "got something" in their FP+ category.

I figure FP's will appear/return for Mickey's PhilharMagic, Indy Jones Stunt Show, Lights, Motors Action Show, Nemo Musical, Festival of the Lion King (when open) Great Movie Ride, and the like.

Not the greatest prospect for unknowing or unlucky guests.

azcavalier
09-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Yep, they've added FP+ for Spaceship Earth now, as well.

I dunno...so, is FP+ going to completely replace the existing FastPass system? Will the only way to bypass the standby lines be to pay extra and schedule your ride times before you even enter the park? How far out will we have to reserve FP+ times for rides? I dunno...I want to reserve judgement, but keep finding myself thinking that this isn't going to be good.

MickeysBestPal
09-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Yep, they've added FP+ for Spaceship Earth now, as well.

I dunno...so,

1- is FP+ going to completely replace the existing FastPass system?

2- Will the only way to bypass the standby lines be to pay extra and schedule your ride times before you even enter the park?

3- How far out will we have to reserve FP+ times for rides? I dunno...I want to reserve judgement, but

4- keep finding myself thinking that this isn't going to be good.

1- Nobody knows. We DO know that for there to be ENOUGH FP's available
to guests in the FP+ program that at LEAST a certain percentage
of the current FP "positions" for the day must be taken from the "walk-up" kiosks and reserved for FP+ participants.
In some cases, that may in fact be ALL of the FP's
given over to FP+ (or at least mean the FP's will "run out" for that attraction
much earlier than is the case now.)
Put another way, since the RIDE CAPACITY of an attraction can't be increased
(without modifying the attraction,) there will definitely be a major decrease
in ride-availability to walk-up and/or "regular FP" guests if they bring
FP+ online.
(One or the other, or both.)

2- Nobody knows if FP+ will be a "pay as you go" service.
It may be a built-in perk for staying at an on-property resort,
but again, nobody knows.

3- 30-60-90-120 days? Nobody knows.

4- On that, I totally agree.