PDA

View Full Version : School bread

CanadaLovesDisney
09-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I just want to thank everyone who posted about school bread from the Norway bakery. It was AMAZING. I was skeptical at first but it was sooooo good! So thank you. Because without intercot I never would have thought to try it!

:mickey:

Gregandmel
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Intercot is a great resource and with our past 2 trips, I know we've tried several things (including a Dole Whip!) based on people's suggestions. Glad you like the School Bread and we will put that on our list of things to try on our next trip!!

Wolf
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Ahh :cloud9: School bread is made by angels and I won't hear a word otherwise :blush: They are probably my favorite thing of all time ever to eat! 5 days!!! I'm gona woof one back listening to the seaguls!!!

Lindsey310
09-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Learned something else on intercot :thumbsup:

Will have to try this when we go back next year:mickey3:

hoop de do
09-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Somebody must have been "loafin'" around when they found it.
:D

Lindsey310
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
What does it taste like by the way???:mickey:

:eat:

Dsnygirl
09-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Mmmm.... LOVE their school bread, and to add to that -- try their Cloudberry Horns. Mmmm.... :cloud9:

Melanie
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Warning - contains coconut. :ack:

Dsnygirl
09-24-2012, 09:10 PM

lol... :tasty: !! :fresh:

Kenny1113
09-25-2012, 09:01 AM

Good to know. I will not seek this one out then. :D

Wolf
09-25-2012, 09:26 AM

Its sort of like a sweet very soft hamburger bun filled with cream that puts every donut shop to shame, topped with coconut!! Its soooooo soooooooooo goood!!!!! Its the first thing I'm heading towards when we land on Saturday!!!

figgie
09-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Never tried this...maybe I should, hhuuummm...

disneynarula
09-25-2012, 09:48 AM

It is a sweet, but not too sweet bread. The bread is flavored with cardamon. It has a sweet cream filling. As other posters noted... it is topped with icing and coconut.

So so good!

missastrocat
09-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm truly heartbroken hearing there is coconut on top of the school bread. I had put this on my must eat snack list. Thanks for the description of it. It sounds lovely except for the coconut. :(

Lindsey310
09-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Ooh sounds yummy!!! Def on my Disney to do list :eat:

Melanie
09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm truly heartbroken hearing there is coconut on top of the school bread. I had put this on my must eat snack list. Thanks for the description of it. It sounds lovely except for the coconut. :(

Yes, I was disappointed too. :( Nothing like shaved toenails to ruin a good dessert. ;)

Pally
09-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes, I was disappointed too. :( Nothing like shaved toenails to ruin a good dessert. ;)

Now I definitely don't want to try it. The image you put in my mind now, I just won't be able to get past it.

I had initally assumed or thought School Bread was something like soda bread until the OP described it. It just sounds like a typical cream filled donut with an icing topping with coconut. It seems like it might be over rated if you ask me. I felt this way about the cheddar cheee soup. More hype than anything else.:mickey:

Melanie
09-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Now I definitely don't want to try it. The image you put in my mind now, I just won't be able to get past it.

Oh geez, I'm sorry. That was very harsh on my part, I admit. :( I just really can't stand coconut...at all. Texture, taste, all of it. And I really just wanted to warn anyone who wanted to try it that it contained coconut. I didn't know when I ordered it.

hoop de do
09-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Were the nails clean? :sick:

Gator
10-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh geez, I'm sorry. That was very harsh on my part, I admit. :( I just really can't stand coconut...at all. Texture, taste, all of it. And I really just wanted to warn anyone who wanted to try it that it contained coconut. I didn't know when I ordered it.

Funny, but I used to hate coconut. I never would eat from the time I was a kid. Until.... I tried the scholl bread. And now coconut is back on the menu!

Peter Panic Attack
10-05-2012, 06:24 PM
"you don't like coconuts? Say brainless, don't you know where coconuts come from? Look'e here...from Tahiti, the Fiji Islands, the Coral Sea!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. All the coconut talk reminded me of that line from "It's a wonderful life."...but I'm not judging your position on coconuts. I'm a staunch supporter of coconut tolerance....whether for or against.