PDA

View Full Version : I will never ever again...

CanadaLovesDisney
09-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I will never EVER again ride the tower of terror. Trip after trip I always looked up at the hotel while driving by Hollywood studios, and while walking around HS I would stare up and wonder what it would be like. So finally during our most recent trip in August I decided it was go time! It was extra magic hours in the evening - I had no excuse. Let me just say the hotel lobby and whole queue line experience was cool - but that ride was sheer hell. I screamed and cried the entire ride and came off crying my eyes out. I was trying to hold myself down and gripping the bars so hard my hands were numb after. Now don't get me wrong I like big thunder, test track and some fast rides (I'm 26 years old and by no means a girl that scares easily) but WOW. That ride was traumatizing! In line I asked a woman probably around 40 years old with her small daughter if this was an intense ride she said its not even bad as air plane turbulence. ARE YOU KIDDING? Everyone else in my party assured me it was an easy, almost disappointing experience. I now have trust issues with said people lol

Are there any rides or things at WDW you will never EVER do again?

You couldn't get me on tower of terror again for a million dollars!

Dulcee
09-22-2012, 08:09 PM
:laughing: lol sorry your whole post made me laugh! We love TOT.

However. I will not be doing the tea cups or the astro orbiter anytime in the near future. Both make me feel like :sick:. I loved them as a kid but it seems my ability to avoid motion sickness has left me as I've aged.

tiggerbuddy
09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
No Tea cups for me either....:mickey:

taleasoldastime
09-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I feel that way about its tough to be a bug. I feel like im going to pass out when they fog up the room and when i was little i was traumatized by the bugs leaving at the end. I tried to brave it recently and thought "it cant be as bad as i remember." but it was just as horrifying!
Some rides just arent for everyone.

arm00leg
09-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Rockin' roller coaster! I am not a roller coaster gal really but thought I would put on my big girl pants and step out of the box our last trip. I did Space Mountain - no problem, Big Thunder - no to bad. So I was game to give Rockin' Roller Coaster a try, my husband assured me it was soooo cool, that I would love the Aerosmith music. OMG! The entire ride I was whimpering "No more, no more, no more, please no more." When we got off the ride he asked me how did I like the music, I said "What music?" Never heard a note. I have folded up my big girl pants and tucked them neatly back in the drawer.;)

disneymom15
09-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Rockin' roller coaster! I am not a roller coaster gal really but thought I would put on my big girl pants and step out of the box our last trip. I did Space Mountain - no problem, Big Thunder - no to bad. So I was game to give Rockin' Roller Coaster a try, my husband assured me it was soooo cool, that I would love the Aerosmith music. OMG! The entire ride I was whimpering "No more, no more, no more, please no more." When we got off the ride he asked me how did I like the music, I said "What music?" Never heard a note. I have folded up my big girl pants and tucked them neatly back in the drawer.;)
Too funny. I can't handle ToT either, I'm right there with the teacups too.

darthmacho
09-22-2012, 09:56 PM
...watch the Circle of Life movie. It is the worst attraction in all of WDW, despite starring two of my favorite Disney characters, Timon and Pumba. I know that the environment is an important issue, but while I'm on vacation, I don't want to be lectured or reminded of how we're all destroying the earth, especially not from a theme park that must be producing enough trash on a daily basis to fill a small country. Never again. I'd watch Sounds Dangerous before I'd watch that one.

Christine
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mechanic
09-22-2012, 10:17 PM
space mountain. Not being able to see where ride is going really freaked my out.

CosmicRay
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm sure your friends didn't think it was a big deal at all. I have tried talking DD (age 11) into riding SM and I reassured her that it was no big deal. She agreed to ride and she screamed and cried the whole time. I hope you learn to trust your friends again.;)

SBETigg
09-22-2012, 11:05 PM
My 21 year old son is with you. He refuses to ride ToT or Tough to be a Bug (hahaha) ever again. My daughter(19) isn't a fan of Dinosaur, but she will ride with her eyes closed. I will still ride, but don't like and prefer to skip, the teacups. :) I'll ride everything else, including Mission: Space Orange, but the teacups make me nauseous.

BraddyB
09-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow I love all those rides. The faster, the higher, the scarier, the better for me. The ride that I cant handle is Its a Small World........So many dolls !!!!

And then to top it off I was stuck on it.....OH THE HORROR !!!!!!!!

Please note this post is not sarcastic, those dolls are the :thedolls:

joonyer
09-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Wow! My whole family loves ToT. It's one of my favorites. But for rides I will never get on again, here's another vote for the teacups. There's nothing at WDW that scares me too much to ride, but those spinning teacups make me sick as a dog. They will ruin my whole day. :sick:

HackLaSalle
09-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Stitch. Never again! No more chili dog burp in my face.

Quadstriker
09-23-2012, 01:20 AM
...get married at the wedding pavilion.

Got it right the first time. Heyyyoooo!

:thumbsup:

(Also Stitch. Sci-Fi diner. Pop Century.)

disneydeb
09-23-2012, 02:07 AM

You cracked me up!

disneydeb
09-23-2012, 02:15 AM
I can and will ride anything but teacups. I have not ridden orange level of Mission Space either.

DizneyRox
09-23-2012, 06:07 AM
Do the Luau or Ohana's... Won't stay at a value resort again either...

LVT
09-23-2012, 07:27 AM
I think you should give yourself more credit for trying the ride.

AXOAlum
09-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Do the Luau or Ohana's... Won't stay at a value resort again either...

lol - we love Pop - couldn't imagine not staying there!

I'm with you on the luau, but what's up with 'Ohana?? You don't criticize without merit, so I want to know before I book my ADR there! :mickey:

Oh, and for the record, I *want* to ride RnRC again, but my hubby says NO! Apparently the first (and only) time I rode it, there was some insane woman on there screaming the words to "Walk this Way" as she prayed fervently for the ride to stop.... now he won't let me go again. Must be afraid that psycho will end up in our car again :blush:

JMTStone
09-23-2012, 09:05 AM
DD10 is not a roller coaster girl. But keeps trying something new each time we go. So last trip, it was Space Mountain. At each turn, she kept saying "when is it over".

I imagine when she gets to be older like DD20, she'll change her mind.:)

Or she's traumatized for live.:blush:

Zawadi
09-23-2012, 09:07 AM

However. I will not be doing the tea cups or the astro orbiter anytime in the near future. Both make me feel like :sick:. I loved them as a kid but it seems my ability to avoid motion sickness has left me as I've aged.

:ditto:
But It's strange that I can do Mission Space

Katzateer
09-23-2012, 09:27 AM
That is what I love about WDW! Something for everyone!!:thumbsup:

I would not step foot on any of the coasters, thrill rides but I LOVE the teacups!!:cloud9:

Our youngest did not ride any of the rides we don't like until she was about 15. She had gone to Kings Island in Ohio with some friends and rode all the coasters. The next trip to WDW she rode Space Mountain by herself and now she will tackle them all, even if she doesn't have a friend along.

I was really scared to go on Soaring the first time- wasn't sure what to expect. I love it but that is as close to a thrill ride as I will get on. :blush:

Lindsey310
09-23-2012, 10:05 AM
I will never ride primeval whirl again! I got so dizzy on that ride, I momentarily thought I wasnt able to walk off the ride!! For the next few days, I felt dizzy when sitting down. Come to find out (after a visit to the doc) I have a sensitive inner ear that was aggravated by the ride.

Will never ride primeval whirl again :sick:

buzznwoodysmom
09-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't think there is an attraction that I would never do again in WDW. None of them get me sick, and I love thrill rides. The faster and scarier the better.

The only thing I can think of in WDW that I don't think I'd do again is dinner at 1900 Park Fair. The food was disgusting the one time we ate here. I normally always give a place a second chance, but this place was just so bad it turns my stomach to think about eating there again.

natstroop
09-23-2012, 11:23 AM
I too love thrill rides. I'm in WI so we basically went to Six Flags every year since I was born...okay maybe since I was 5. What I don't like and will never ride again though is Stitch. I didn't think it was absolutely horrible...I just plain didn't like it. My boys on the otherhand love it and can't wait to go on it again.

Back in Oct 2010, it was so dead at DHS that we got to ride TOT about 4 times in a row. It was AWESOME!

jnfr2424
09-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I will never EVER again ride the tower of terror. Trip after trip I always looked up at the hotel while driving by Hollywood studios, and while walking around HS I would stare up and wonder what it would be like. So finally during our most recent trip in August I decided it was go time! It was extra magic hours in the evening - I had no excuse. Let me just say the hotel lobby and whole queue line experience was cool - but that ride was sheer hell. I screamed and cried the entire ride and came off crying my eyes out. I was trying to hold myself down and gripping the bars so hard my hands were numb after. Now don't get me wrong I like big thunder, test track and some fast rides (I'm 26 years old and by no means a girl that scares easily) but WOW. That ride was traumatizing! In line I asked a woman probably around 40 years old with her small daughter if this was an intense ride she said its not even bad as air plane turbulence. ARE YOU KIDDING? Everyone else in my party assured me it was an easy, almost disappointing experience. I now have trust issues with said people lol

I could not agree with you more. My 87 yr old mother loves ToT I screamed so badly I lost my voice for the entire trip. I like you love thrill rides but I just can't take ToT. Glad to see I'm not alone! I will also never ride Tea Cups (my aunt ended up having an aneurysm after that ride) and if they bring it back Honey I shrunk the audience

DNS
09-23-2012, 01:00 PM
I had to smile while reading these. It is amazing how some rides upset some and others love them. I am sure at least 99% of you will think I am crazy, but I do not like, and will never ride again.....Splash Mountain. I really hated those drops in the dark. Even though drops do not usually bother me. Especially in the dark. And I love ToT. Now those are some serious drops in the dark.

SandmanGStefani24
09-23-2012, 01:07 PM
...watch the Circle of Life movie. It is the worst attraction in all of WDW, despite starring two of my favorite Disney characters, Timon and Pumba. I know that the environment is an important issue, but while I'm on vacation, I don't want to be lectured or reminded of how we're all destroying the earth, .

Agreed!!! One and done for me...

Also, add stitch to that short list. And I can understand the original poster's feeling about TOT. It's one of those things I'm glad I have done, but not interested in ever doing again. Seemed a lot easier when I was younger but a vertical drop is a no-no for me. Anything else is ok.

BlueDorrie
09-23-2012, 01:23 PM
It's Tough to be a Bug, You can't pay me enough to experience that attraction again. I loved A Bug's Life, loved the characters. The moment that theater darkened, it scared the bejebus out of me and the husband. We could not duck or jump high enough to get away from all those bugs. What really wrecked us was the bugs crawling under our butts at the end.

It's been 14 years and we still refuse to go near it again.

figgie
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
The upper level of Mission Space. Man, I was so sick for hours after that one! Never again!:ill:

texas211
09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Stitch's Escape... Makes me ill even seeing it as I pass by on the people mover. Horrible. Went on it once, and will celebrate it when its gone.

Main Street Jim
09-23-2012, 03:17 PM

However. I will not be doing the tea cups or the astro orbiter anytime in the near future. Both make me feel like :sick:. I loved them as a kid but it seems my ability to avoid motion sickness has left me as I've aged.But I bet you ride Dumbo, Aladdin (Magic Carpets), and Triceratop Spin, huh? ;) :thedolls:

Main Street Jim
09-23-2012, 03:22 PM
...watch the Circle of Life movie. It is the worst attraction in all of WDW, despite starring two of my favorite Disney characters, Timon and Pumba. I know that the environment is an important issue, but while I'm on vacation, I don't want to be lectured or reminded of how we're all destroying the earth, especially not from a theme park that must be producing enough trash on a daily basis to fill a small country. Never again. I'd watch Sounds Dangerous before I'd watch that one.LOL...then you would've probably hated most of the original EPCOT Center attractions. They were mostly designed to "teach", rather than "entertain".

I won't get into "trash" details here; that'd be hijacking the thread...

phlo8810
09-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Tea Cups and Primeval Whirl! Never again. I try not to let my kids know they exist.

I may sound a little spoiled here but I am DVC and will NEVER stay in a non DVC room again!
We added 2 days to our trip at the beach club in may. We couldn't get any villas rooms so we added 2 at the hotel. So small and cramped it was horrible. I can't believe people pay the money they do to stay in those rooms! Now its fine without kids but with kids we need that room. DVC is the greatest thing I've ever purchased and those 2 days reminded me of that.

texas211
09-23-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't find anything wrong w/ the Pumba lecture, but it's so dated the manner in which they discuss it. Needs to be updated.

I miss the learning/dreaming.. Horizons and World of Motion.

tundramom
09-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Don't bash me, I know that this is sacred to some...Carousel of Progress. The seats are itchy, the whole place reeks of mildew, and the song is so annoying to me!:thedolls:
I also will never stay at a Value again, I'd rather skip a year than revisit the All Star Resorts.

Janmac
09-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I will not do Splash Mtn or ToT. My sister and her daughter will not do Teacups or Primeval Whirl. My sister's granddaughter will not do PotC or Haunted Mansion (even tho her favorite ride is ToT - go figure).

There are several we only do occasionally - like iasw or Hall of Presidents, or CoP or even Stitch.

The best trip was a 10 am breakfast at Crystal Palace at MK. With the help of my two teenage grandkids we tricked dear son-in-law (one of the grandkids is his DD) into riding Stitch right before breakfast. Priceless. :D

Jan

Melanie
09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
I've given all the following multiple tries, but they are now on my retired list:

Rock 'n Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Mission:Space Orange
Primeval Whirl

The first takes my stomach so bad on takeoff. The second just makes me scared. I hate the multiple dropping. The last two just make me sick. :ack:

They are all firmly in my memory where they will stay. :)

azcavalier
09-23-2012, 07:25 PM
There are some I *wish* I could never do again, but will probably get dragged into by my DW:

Country Bears

Ummm....yeah, that's it. Everything else i'm OK with doing again. Now, there are some that i've never done in the first place. And there are a few that i'll do after i've taken some medication first (dramamine, ibuprofen).

But there is no medication to cure what ails the Country Bears.

ANG
09-23-2012, 08:02 PM
I also will never again ride TOT. I get so sick after it.

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
It is interesting to see what "gets" to people. :ack:

Personally, I will do RnRC, ToT, SM, MS a dozen times rather than get in those blasted tea cups. :sick:

Also...it will take an extraordinary situation to get me to go to WDW in August again.
Just too hot and humid to be enjoyable for me.

Pally
09-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I will never ride on Summit Plummet again (40). It felt like I was being wacked by a 2x4 all the way down and wedgie like you wouldn't believe. The things we do to please our kids.

I may have a few more after this next trip. I am keeping my fingers crossed though. The last couple of times to Disney I noticed each time rides like Sorin' really made me ill.:sick: Realizing your getting older is a bummer, almost 49.:(

JMTStone
09-24-2012, 08:45 AM
I will never ride on Summit Plummet again (40). It felt like I was being wacked by a 2x4 all the way down and wedgie like you wouldn't believe.(

I just spit out my hot chocolate laughing at this.

Brer_Fox
09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
My DW is like you... however during the year of a million dreams we were awared free fast pass's to all of the rides that have that system, and ToT was one of those rides. So I finally convience here to go on. I also convienced my mother in law to go on too.

I have the picture of the expeirence to date of the two of them scared out of there minds and of course just to be myself, I had to force myself to be scared for the picture. Normally I have some wacky goofy face on. The ride is total fun.

To make this post even more weird, I actually have a phobia of being on elevators, I hate them and will use the stairs when I can. But not ToT, that ride dont scare me one bit.

I never liked (and am disappointed that Disney brought it back) was the Michael Jackson thing. Just creepy to me. And no I will not be seeing that on our up coming trip.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I will never ride on Summit Plummet again (40).

Realizing your getting older is a bummer, almost 49.:(

:old: 49 is not old you young whiper snapper :D

Wolf
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Your post cracks me up because I dislike ToT ALOT but my Mom loves it so I ride it with her, she doesn't like RnRC but I love it so she rides it with me. The only ride I'd prob never do again is Primeval Hurl....Just nooooo thank you. Didn't like it even the one time we rode it, I feel like it was the crick-in-the-neck-o-whirl

dizneydeb22
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't think there is anything I won't do again...but there is something I will never do and that is Mission Space, either version! I see the faces of some people coming off the ride :sick:, and that is enough for me!

DisneyDawgette
09-24-2012, 10:24 PM
...get married at the wedding pavilion.

Got it right the first time. Heyyyoooo!

:thumbsup:

Haha, this made me laugh a lot! Congrats, I'd love to get married there! :D

I'm going to have to go with Dinosaur on this one. It's not that I WON'T ride it, but I will close my eyes and hold my breath the whole time. When I was 14, we went and the picture is of me in the earthquake pose (head in my knees with my hands covering my ears). We went back this summer and had to buy the picture again because I am doing the exact same thing. It's the most stressful ride in WDW. :ambal:

tinkman
09-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Mission Space, the intense side. Love the ride, but the way I feel when I get off of it makes me miserable the rest of the day. If this is what space travel is really like, then when the day comes to evacuate the earth, I'll just stay behind.

LandFan
09-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Primeval Hurl....Just nooooo thank you. l

That's what we call it too, lol!:D

I don't know if there is anything I wouldn't do ever again but several that are - eh...

bruin1344
09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
TOT is kind of scary while you anticipate the drops but once the drops happen, Im fine.

On my retired list: Universe of Energy (too long boring, and I dont find Ellen funny), teacups with people who love to spin, Captain EO (too dated), and Mission Space Orange Line again (makes me too nauseous)

KathyMO
09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Mission Space Orange :sick::ack:

antngoof89
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I can't stand Astro Orbiter... I feel like I"m going to fall out. That ride absolutely terrifies me. The fact that it seems to tilt sideways drives me crazy!

ryca1dreams
09-25-2012, 05:56 PM
...hold a video camera in front of my face the entire trip

...take a backpack full of junk I won't use

...go in July

...run or walk fast

Mary Chase
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM
We aren't fans of tower of terror - me and my kids, anyway - husband loves it and wishes someone would go on it with him. It makes me want to barf and my kids who are normally daredevils just don't like it.

I also really did not like Dinosaur. Too rough, too loud. Other than that, I can't think of anything. I have yet to ride Rock n Roller Coaster and Primeval Whirl b/c my little one is still too short. However, I do think those rides will be ones I just send their dad on with them!

Motion sickness-wise - for some reason, I can only do a roller coaster once a day (even space/splash mountain). But I can do Teacups just fine. Astro Orbitor - not fan, but my son loves it so I usually end up riding with him while my husband takes the older one on bigger rides.

Mary Chase
09-25-2012, 06:58 PM
...watch the Circle of Life movie. It is the worst attraction in all of WDW, despite starring two of my favorite Disney characters, Timon and Pumba. I know that the environment is an important issue, but while I'm on vacation, I don't want to be lectured or reminded of how we're all destroying the earth, especially not from a theme park that must be producing enough trash on a daily basis to fill a small country. Never again. I'd watch Sounds Dangerous before I'd watch that one.

LOL! While I do like that movie b/c of the characters, I have to agree with the comments about Disney lecturing about how we're all destroying the earth.

Mary Chase
09-25-2012, 06:59 PM
TOT is kind of scary while you anticipate the drops but once the drops happen, Im fine.

On my retired list: Universe of Energy (too long boring, and I dont find Ellen funny), teacups with people who love to spin, Captain EO (too dated), and Mission Space Orange Line again (makes me too nauseous)

Agree on Captain EO - that was very disappointing. Wish Disney would do something else with that space.

BrerGnat
09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm done with the following:

Dinosaur (Ok, it scares me. A lot.)

Country Bears (last time I saw this I was about 8 years old. I hated every second of it and have never been back)

Tom Sawyer Island (BO-ring, and a huge waste of time, IMO)

Matterhorn at Disneyland (it's a headache waiting to happen for me, every time, and I realized last time I rode it, I don't even LIKE it.)

Value Resorts. Done. Done. DONE.

As for the thrill rides, I love them all, and I hope I never get to the point where I can't ride them anymore because I would be really sad about that. :(

Davyjones
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm going to throw something from Disneyland into this. I will more than likely never again ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in a "free mounted" gondola at California Adventure. The entire time I felt like I was going to die, really. I did not enjoy it and neither did my wife (we were on our honeymoon). I also felt a little nauseous after we got off the ride. Maybe you'd eventually be able to convince me to ride it in a "traditional mounted" gondola, but don't hold your breath.

They should just change the name of the ride to Mickey's Swinging Gondolas of Death. Really. :blackcat:

dizneydeb22
09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
They should just change the name of the ride to Mickey's Swinging Gondolas of Death. Really. :blackcat:

This cracked me up! I felt the same way!!:scared:

Patricia
09-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I've tried to like ToT twice. Both time during Intercot meets. Both times I may have hurt the person sitting beside me.

:blush:

TheVBs
09-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I did ToT, RnRC and EE only ONCE each. And that's the way it's going to stay. Same with Star Tours, I got so :sick:.

WDWgoofy
09-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Stitch. Never again! No more chili dog burp in my face.

My thoughts exactly.

Now that I've thought about this, it is strange as a lover of WDW, but there are many attractions I will likely never do again.

LudwigVonDrake
09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Stitch's Great Escape. Total waste of my time.

I also don't ever see myself staying at the All-Stars ever again. I do want to give the Art of Animation a shot at least once.

EJS-Houston
09-27-2012, 01:58 PM
space mountain. Not being able to see where ride is going really freaked my out.

Space Mountain is the only ride in all of DisneyWorld I don't wanna do again, but only because I just don't fit in the cars that well. Last time I tried, my knees jammed up against the car and the safety bar hit me squarely in the gut. I felt I was getting knee-capped and punched in the gut repeatedly, every time the ride took a curve. :ack:

Terra
09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
LOL...then you would've probably hated most of the original EPCOT Center attractions. They were mostly designed to "teach", rather than "entertain".

I won't get into "trash" details here; that'd be hijacking the thread...

Great point :) I love the Circle of Life Movie and so do my sons!

And I love Value Resorts too!:blush: I refuse to pay over $100 a night for hotel rooms!

And I'm with you OP. ToT scares the big girl pants right off of me, but my 5 y.o. rides it and rides it and tells me "It's just pretend mom, it's not scary." Yeah right! I've ridden it a couple of times and hated it both times! :blush:

sportsguy2315
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm going to throw something from Disneyland into this. I will more than likely never again ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in a "free mounted" gondola at California Adventure. The entire time I felt like I was going to die, really. I did not enjoy it and neither did my wife (we were on our honeymoon). I also felt a little nauseous after we got off the ride. Maybe you'd eventually be able to convince me to ride it in a "traditional mounted" gondola, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah, I did this at DCA on my only trip and this is the only Disney ride where I thought I could have died.

AmandaChan
09-29-2012, 07:32 AM
I feel that way about its tough to be a bug. I feel like im going to pass out when they fog up the room and when i was little i was traumatized by the bugs leaving at the end. I tried to brave it recently and thought "it cant be as bad as i remember." but it was just as horrifying!
Some rides just arent for everyone.

I have done it twice, and I seriously have no desire to do it again. DH always tries to get me back in there but I won't do it. We might have a situation when my children are older and it's still around. I'm not going to want them to go on it but I don't want them to NOT do something just b/c I was scared as an adult. haha. I would ride TOT 1 million times before I do tough to be a bug again.

wdwmyway
10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I will never do Stitch or the Orange version of Mission Space again.

Gator
10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I won't tell you that my kids both rode ToT at the age of 3 and thought it was the best ride ever. And I won't tell you that it's tied for my fav ride at WDW even though I hate rides that just drop. I think that it might make you feel a little insecure :)

But I'm with others that will never ride Summit Plummet. Not because of the pain, but because it's scares the crud out of me. 55mph on my back? No, once was enough.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-04-2012, 06:06 PM
never, ever EVER rent those 4-seat surrey bikes! did it on our last trip at POR and i don't know if it was because my younger DS couldn't pedal or we weren't distributed right weight-wise....this was a torture workout! we lasted maybe 15 minutes worth of huffin' and puffin' and sweatin' - and laughing hysterically as well.

bostonchic13
01-09-2013, 06:53 PM
I will never do Stitch or the Orange version of Mission Space again.

I wouldn't ride MS for any amount of money lol

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Cute revived old thread!!

My 17 year old and I once did single rider ToT about 15 times in a row...we love it!! Controlled chaos...

I, however, can NOT take the teacups. My kids beg me to ride, but I just can't!! I'm wrecked for the rest of the day!!

Cant tell you how many pictures I have of them riding those darn cups tho...not much else to do while I'm waiting for them to get off!!

Also...no more values!! I am a perfect example of how Disney ***** you in...first time at POP, next at POR, then once you hit POLY or CR there's no turning back!! What a lemming I am :bang:

Soph and Han's Mom
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Sorry...didn't know you couldn't say 'draw somethng in as if by suction' on intercot :vacuum:

Sorry!!

Kenny1113
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM

The lead-up is worse than the drops IMHO.

1DisneyNut
01-09-2013, 08:42 PM
It is just gravity. lol I mean, even if the seat belt was to come loose or break, the worse that would happen is you might hover above your seat an inch or two until the elevator starts slowing. Simple physics folks, understand the science and it may alleviate some of your fear. :D

Btw, it is also one of my favorite rides. We have pictures of me reading a park map during the ride and another of me kicked back talking on my cell phone. People behind me in both have a look of sheer terror. lol

MrPeetrie
01-09-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't think there's an attraction in Walt Disney World where I could say I would not ride again, mainly because if either of my children asked me to ride any of them I'd say "Yes." I'd prefer not to ever ride Captain EO or JIYI again however

What I can say with absolute conviction is: I will never attend the Food & Wine Festival on a weekend evening with my children while they're still young. That is about as un-Disneylike an environment as you'll find on property. Never again!

marlyn
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
I will not be doing the tea cups or the astro orbiter anytime in the near future. Both make me feel like :sick:.

roses
01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
:sick: ToT as well! The funny part about that is, it used to be my FAVORITE ride! I used to love all those crazy rides, but as I got older, I just can't handle it anymore. Last time I tried the ToT was in 2010 - and I gripped onto the bars like it was nobody's business. I didn't say a peep. I didn't scream, I didn't cry, I didn't look around, I didn't smile - I just sat there, gripping onto the bar. I'm not even sure I took a breath. But. I was shaking when I got off and probably shoved a few kids out of the way to get off the ride. :fit:

Yeahhh, never again. At least until I forget about that experience and need to try it again...

IwannabeinNarnia
01-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Sorry...didn't know you couldn't say 'draw somethng in as if by suction' on intercot :vacuum:

Sorry!!

:haha:

IwannabeinNarnia
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I'll throw my vote in for Dinosaur. That ride was AWFUL! The noise was way too much.. it was rough.. and scary... and the two times I rode it both had parents forcing their young kids to ride and those poor kids screamed and cried the whole time (yep.. both times I was in the same vehicle).. I am thinking about setting up a "The Doctor Is In" booth right outside of the exit door to help all those poor traumatized little ones... Dinosaur is just too much.

And at Disneyland I will never again set my butt in the seats of California Screamin'. I LOVE roller coasters.. but this one.. omg.. I was as sick as a dog after riding it....:sick:

disneydeb
01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
OK, I will never say never ever again! I had sworn off teacups and Stitch...until my grandchildren wanted to ride.. I did it recently and it wasn't half bad! :D

KevMcNJ
01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I will never ever again drink so much at Pleasure Island that I end up passing out on the bus ride back to the Grand Floridian.

Not exactly the brightest idea I ever had
:beer::marg::blush:

jillluvsdisney
01-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Neat thread topic

Rockin Roller Coaster is off my list. It just bangs my head and neck around too much.

Is Honey I Shrunk the Audience still around? The mice totally freaked me out. NEVER AGAIN.

Fantasmic. I hate the time you have invest waiting for it on those uncomfortable benches and exiting the theater is a pain.

I will never eat at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. Horible service and Golden Corral has better food for a 1/4 of the price.

I will never be at WDW without a car rental.
Time is money, waiting for buses eats into that.

phillydan
01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
2 words:

Country

Bears

..'nuff said.