PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare at Hanted Mansion?

arm00leg
09-22-2012, 05:39 PM
This will be our first time at Disney World during the Halloween season - are they decorating Haunted Mansion with Nightmare Before Christmas characters? I thought they had done it in the past, hoping they are still doing it.:jack:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I believe its Disneyland that has the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. :mickey:

Carol
09-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Yep - only at Disneyland. LOVE it. :jack:

arm00leg
09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Darn it, was hoping it was also DW. Oh well, won't spoil the trip.;)

CanadaLovesDisney
09-22-2012, 07:17 PM
They have some other special added features at Disney world haunted mansion during the Halloween parties. It's really worth it!

texas211
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM
WDW doesn't do that (thankfully, else I'd miss HH in Sept visits).

However, lots of other cool halloween effects are in place in the park.

Main Street Jim
09-23-2012, 03:25 PM
They have some other special added features at Disney world haunted mansion during the Halloween parties. It's really worth it!Such as...?

The only thing I can think of for WDW's Mansion for the Parties is that the Butlers and Maids dress a bit more..."zombie-like" (much like the MNSSHP parade Mansion Cast)...

Melanie
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Such as...?..

Well, Madame Carlotta for one. She's awesome!

Regarding HMH, Disneyland is such a local driven park, so it's clientele understands and tolerates the downtime it takes for installing and removing HMH. It just wouldn't go over as well at the mostly touristy WDW.

Main Street Jim
09-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, Madame Carlotta for one. She's awesome!<?>...never heard of her <?>...

I remember going to the party one year a few years back, and there was a female "storyteller" on the riverboat with the "banjo bandits". Is this who you're referring to?

tinklover
09-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Jim, she is a ghost that has escaped the mansion and sits on the grassy knoll outside of the HM on a bench surrounded by fog. She is very funny and cuts up with the guests.

amorillo
09-24-2012, 12:25 PM
I remember going to the party one year a few years back, and there was a female "storyteller" on the riverboat with the "banjo bandits". Is this who you're referring to?

Yes Jim... she's pretty much the same as the "storyteller" on the riverboat... maybe with a bit more comedy thrown in. Personally, while i enjoy her character at the mansion, i'd take the haunted riverboat ride back hands down! That was so much fun... singing and storytelling... i was very disappointed when i found out they were no longer doing the riverboat ride during the parties. :cry:

Main Street Jim
09-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Jim, she is a ghost that has escaped the mansion and sits on the grassy knoll outside of the HM on a bench surrounded by fog. She is very funny and cuts up with the guests.Sounds pretty cool :) Anyone got any pics?

John
09-24-2012, 10:35 PM
<?>...never heard of her <?>...

So becasue you haven't heard of her - she doesn't exist? Jim, do you think Melanie just pulled it out of thin air or she made it up?

:shake:

Aurora
09-25-2012, 12:30 AM
So becasue you haven't heard of her - she doesn't exist? Jim, do you think Melanie just pulled it out of thin air or she made it up?

:shake:

I read it as he never heard of her so he wanted to know who she was. :shrug:

Main Street Jim
09-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I read it as he never heard of her so he wanted to know who she was. :shrug::)

Correct. I never knew she even had a name back then while she was on the riverboat. Never said she "didn't exist"...

John
09-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry Jim - just seems like you challenge folks around here on a pretty regular basis fact wise - both users and staff - which is why I posted what I did. There are others on ICOT that are pretty well informed and connected.

Between the Such as..... and Never Heard Of Her..... sure seemed the road you were going down.

I'm not the only one who thought that.

Quadstriker
09-26-2012, 12:28 AM
DL haunted mansion is great.

Lady heckler ghoul/ghost/whatever she is outside HM at WDW is also equally great. Love her!

TheVBs
09-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I still can't believe that we never made it around to the Haunted Mansion when we went to the party last fall. Won't make that mistake again!

For the OP, there is something planned for DTD with Nightmare. Just read this in an email:

Downtown Disney West Side will host a variety of experiences inspired by Disney's new stop-motion animated movie "Frankenweenie," directed by Tim Burton, as well as other Burton works, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Alice in Wonderland" this weekend, September 28-30:

-- Special 3D screenings at AMC Downtown Disney 24 of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Alice in Wonderland," featuring a 3D extended preview of "Frankenweenie," which debuts October 5. Tickets may be purchased for $6. Show times: "The Nightmare Before Christmas" 4:15 p.m. and 8 p.m. "Alice in Wonderland" 6:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

-- New Holland Pet Cemetery picture spot presented by HGTV will place guests in one of the key locations of "Frankenweenie" among tombstones of beloved turtles, rabbits, cats and of course, dogs. Located between AMC Downtown Disney 24 and Something Silver boutique, available 6-11 p.m.

-- The first-ever meet and greet with Jack and Sally from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" at Walt Disney World Resort. Located between AMC Downtown Disney 24 and Harley Davidson, available 6-11 p.m.

-- Special merchandise inspired by "Frankenweenie" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" will be available for purchase at D-Street boutique and mobile carts throughout Downtown Disney West Side. Special treats, such as Franken Fusion Lemonade and Frankenweenie hotdogs will be available near the New Holland Pet Cemetery picture spot.

LudwigVonDrake
09-27-2012, 01:39 PM
If you want to see the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at the Mansion you'll have to visit Disneyland :mickey: