PDA

View Full Version : DL 1/2 Marathon The Finale

Disney4us2
09-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I guess I better finish up since my next adventure begins next week.

We got to the hotel and waited for our friends to show up. They were stuck in traffic due to the marathon. Jessica and I both dozed off in a tea cup for a bit.

Soon our friends showed up, and around 10:30am. I got the text that our room was ready. We were in the Adventure tower on the 8th floor with a theme park view. It was so incredible. I fell in love with that room, It was large and very comfortable. We settled in and then went to get something to eat at Whitewater snacks. We went into DCA to see if we could ride RSR, but it was down... never did get to ride. Every time we went to check, it was down.

We were all tired so we headed back to the room and rested. Boy... those beds are so comfortable. We woke up about an hour and a half later and went down to the pool. The girls loved the pool and the monorail slide. Beverly and I loved the hot tub. We ended up eating at Tangaroa Terrace in our swim suits and then went up to the room to change and go back to DCA. Racers was still down. After we had some ice cream at Ghrirdelli we really didn't feel like doing anything else in the park. It was crowded so I suggested we just go back to the room and watch the fireworks from there. Great idea.:thumbsup: We saw WOC with the sound piped in on the TV and then the fireworks with the sound as well. It was truly magical. as well as no crowds and in the air conditioning. That was a nice end to our day.

Next morning we packed up and then had a late breakfast at Storytellers Cafe. Jessica and I parted with our friends and went into Disneyland for Jessica to see her favorite Captain EO and then we headed home.

In all... I loved the experience of volunteering for the marathon and would love to do so again.

LOVED the Disneyland Hotel. If they would only build DVC there... one can dream.

On to our next adventure at the Villas at the Grand Californian and Mickeys Halloween Party.