PDA

View Full Version : your favorite thing about magic kingdom

taleasoldastime
09-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I just thought i would post something fun!
My favorite thing about magic kingdom is the feeling you get when you first walk down main street! Its a feeling of "i'm finally here!" It makes me speechless!
what is your favorite thing?

WDWgoofy
09-21-2012, 08:17 PM
I have to agree the feeling I have when I emerge from the train station onto Main Street and take-in the sights, sounds and aromas is fantastic.

And then its everything else...

faberj
09-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I will third that! :mickey:
40 more days and I will experience it again :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-21-2012, 09:21 PM
The castle!

bruin1344
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
walking through frontierland from liberty square to thunder/splash mountain although walking down main st is a close second

taleasoldastime
09-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I have to agree the feeling I have when I emerge from the train station onto Main Street and take-in the sights, sounds and aromas is fantastic.

And then its everything else...

I couldn't have put it more perfect myself!

I will third that! :mickey:
40 more days and I will experience it again :mickey:

I'm so happy for you! 121 days for myself!

walking through frontierland from liberty square to thunder/splash mountain although walking down main st is a close second

Frontier land is my second so i so get where you are coming from. I especially love the splash mountain gift shop for some reason. Fond memories i guess :)

princessgirls
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Coming in through the gates and walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle for the first time on your vacation.

When I am in the Magic Kingdom there is honestly NO OTHER place I'd rather be on earth!!!

Happy Happy Happy place!!

I cry every time I arrive and when we are leaving the park for the last time of a trip, just because I feel blessed to have been able to get back to my favorite place. Crazy...right?

Julie:mickey:

CosmicRay
09-21-2012, 11:49 PM
I love seeing the castle for that first moment, but I am usually trying to take in our kids faces each time we are walking down main street. My moment is when I step on our traditional first ride - the TTA. When I step on and then our ride takes off and I feel the breeze on my face, I take in the smells, the music and the park from above. That is my favorite thing!

joonyer
09-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Watching the fireworks burst in the sky over the castle, while "When You Wish Upon a Star" is playing, well that's a pretty magical moment; the purest essence of Disney magic for me. :thumbsup:

DisneyDINK
09-22-2012, 12:32 AM
I really love walking through the MK, especially Frontierland and Liberty Square, at night when it starts to get less crowded. I just love the music and the lighting.

SandmanGStefani24
09-22-2012, 02:43 AM
gotta be a tie between the view of Main Street leading to the Castle, and Tomorrowland. Those two things are etched into my brain, music and all. Can't wait to see them again!

TheVBs
09-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Definitely that first walk down Main St.! :mickey: We love going to Adventureland first. And then, like someone else said, everything else!

CzepielCrew
09-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Watching the fireworks burst in the sky over the castle, while "When You Wish Upon a Star" is playing, well that's a pretty magical moment; the purest essence of Disney magic for me. :thumbsup:

This is my favorite part. I cry every time :)

Lindsey310
09-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I love going up to the train station and looking down, you can see the castle and all of main street! I got some great pics of all the Halloween decorations when we were there this month. It's breathtaking!!!!!

I also love walking around frontier land into adventure land. That part of the park just makes me really happy :mickey:

waymickey
09-22-2012, 09:09 AM
everything!!!!:mickey:

goofygirl64
09-22-2012, 09:51 AM
It definitely is when I get my first glimpse of Main Street with the Castle in the background. I get goose bumps just thinking about it and the best part is that my hubby & I will be there is 26 days!! Woo Hoo! :mpumpkin:

joonyer
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM

This is my favorite part. I cry every time :)

Me too. :fworks:

SBETigg
09-22-2012, 12:41 PM
When you turn the corner in the outdoor stretch of Splash Mountain (on your way to the drop, not at the top of the drop) and you can see the whole MK and Seven Seas Lagoon spread out around you, my breath catches every time.

DNS
09-22-2012, 12:47 PM
We have been there many times, but my favorite goosebump feeling is starting down Main Street after entering when all the Christmas decorations are up. :cloud9:

taleasoldastime
09-22-2012, 03:21 PM
When you turn the corner in the outdoor stretch of Splash Mountain (on your way to the drop, not at the top of the drop) and you can see the whole MK and Seven Seas Lagoon spread out around you, my breath catches every time.

Oooo thats a good one! I love that view as well!

Stu29573
09-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Being there....just....being there.....

arbie_c
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I just love the whole feeling you get when you walk in the gate and you just know it truly is happiest place on earth. Then the fireworks above the castle just take it up another notch! :mickey:

ANG
09-23-2012, 08:04 PM
My favorite thing about MK would be the Haunted Mansion and Wishes

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Coming up thru the tunnel under the train station and seeing the gleam in the eyes of my wife and daughter (who gets as excited now at 22 as she did as a child) is very special to me.:mickey:

Although, hearing When You Wish Upon A Star does bring a tear to my eye as well. :blush:

Joyollie
09-23-2012, 09:01 PM
When my Husband and I walk down Main Street holding hands, we leave in 7 days and this makes our 31st trip together to Disney. We have been together for 23 years. And have been DVC members since 2001:)

Joyollie
09-23-2012, 09:04 PM
When my Husband and I walk down Main Street holding hands:)

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
09-23-2012, 10:38 PM
When I walk down the middle of Mainstreet USA seeing the Castle and the Walt and Mickey statue and just taking it all in!!!! :mickey:

BrerSchultzy
09-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Honestly...my favorite part of MK is the Plaza Pavilion....that used to be where my family always met up. That's where my mom would set up shop, and wait for all of us to return with stories about whatever ride we were on, or what random souvenir we bought.

hoop de do
09-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Entering and walking down Main Street - definitely.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

arm00leg
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
I agree, that moment when you hit Main street, but let me add - the moment you are heading down Main St. and you get that perfect moment seeing the statue of Walt and Mickey with the castle in the background. Makes everything else go away (except for hubby holding my hand).

azcavalier
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
I love the clean streets first thing in the morning on EMH mornings. I love how excited my DW gets every time, and how, rather than rush down Main Street to get to whatever attraction, we walk slower, interact with Cast Members, and pin trade as people rush by. I usually take pictures in the early morning sunlight while we do this. Best time of the vacation, right there. And, in 45 days (or so), we get to share it with a family of six (four young kids) who have never experienced it before. So excited.

Wolf
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Seeing the castle for the first time of a trip just makes me tear up...every single time. Its like all the stress and perils from the last trip till right then just melts off and I feel so free and happy again!! 5 days!!! :cloud9:

dizneydeb22
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
I have two favorites:
The "first" time my son sees Donald Duck again! His eyes light up like he has never seen him before!

The first walk down Main St USA on each trip! The smells, the shops, all the excited children and their lit up faces, and then....the Castle!

My eyes are watering as I'm typing...is this pathetic or what! LOL:blush: :mickey:

darthmacho
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
This is very fun, but almost impossible to decide on just one thing because there is just so much to love about the Magic Kingdom. I'm going to answer, but if you asked me this another time, I guarantee that my answer would be different:

My favorite thing about the Magic Kingdom is having breakfast at Crystal Palace, which is our opening day tradition, and a great way to get into the park before opening to enjoy that ambiance of Main Street and the Castle that many have posted about already!

:mickey:

Quadstriker
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
It has to be hitting main street and hearing the music.

tinkman
09-25-2012, 06:37 AM
All the strollers. Here a stroller, there a stroller, everywhere I look, stroller, stroller, stroller. Better yet, having them attached to the back of my ankles. :) Sorry, I'm a bit sarcastic this morning. Really though, the sights, music and smells of Main Street.

antngoof89
09-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I love walking up Main Street towards the castle, but what I realized may be one of my favorite things at Magic Kingdom may be a tie between the Carousel of Progress and Splash Mountain. For whatever reason, I love the Carousel of Progress, I don't know why. Perhaps it's the whimsical song or the nostalgia of the experience, but I do love it. Splash Mountain is just a great ride and any time the ride is down when we visit, I feel as if I never visited the Magic Kingdom. It really just makes my day!

ryca1dreams
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I really love walking through the MK, especially Frontierland and Liberty Square, at night when it starts to get less crowded. I just love the music and the lighting.

Yeah, you read my mind exactly.