PDA

View Full Version : Renting DVC points

luvkatiebug
09-21-2012, 03:01 PM
We are traveling to WDW next summer and we are toying with the idea of using the online service of renting the DVC member points to stay at one of the DVC hotels. It sounds like a great deal to stay at a resort we may not normally be able to afford. My only hesitation is b/c my 12 year old is very tall (about 5'6) and no longer likes to sleep in a pull out bed. Because we would like to stay in the least expensive studio option, I am looking for opinions on these pull out sofa beds. We are a family of four; my other daughter is 8 and "normal" size! Thanks. :mickey:

disneymom15
09-21-2012, 05:22 PM
We've found the pull out sofa beds to differ greatly from one resort to another. My daughter is about 5'6" & her boyfriend is about 6' & they fit OK together on it. We've stayed at BLT, BCV, BWV, & SSR in a studio. BLT has the best by far, they have nice memory foam mattresses. SSR was the worst, the "mattress" was more like an acrobat mat, no mattress at all. We had to stack 2 "egg crate toppers" to make it tolerable.

Pirate Granny
09-21-2012, 07:19 PM
OKW has two queen beds in the studio, rather than a sofa pull out.

LVT
09-22-2012, 07:33 AM
We use a twin air mattress on the floor.

AgentC
09-22-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm about 5' 8" and fit on the sofa beds fine. They are okay to sleep on though I wouldn't personally want to do it for a long trip since the mattresses tend to be on the thinner side, but a 12 year might not care.

Lindsey310
09-22-2012, 08:58 AM
When I stayed with my parents in a studio in Saratoga springs, I hated the pull out couch. Felt like a bar in my back!!!

When we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa at boardwalk villas, I slept on the couch bc I hated that pull out couch too!! :mickey:

Maybe try and pick a studio like OKW or my personal favorite animal kingdom lodge which had 2 full size beds.

Mickey'sGirl
09-22-2012, 09:15 AM
My 14 year old is 6'4" and sleeps quite comfortably on the pull out chesterfields alongside his 5'3" 8 year old brother .... Honestly, neither one has any complaints. As Pirate Granny says, the studios at Old Key West have two Queen beds, so the whole pull out thing would not be an issue there.