PDA

View Full Version : Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree getting padding

Disney4us2
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree is getting an upgrade already. It is getting padding around the sides and back of the seats. The renovation will be done early October and the attractiuon will not be shut down during this face lift. Now if they would only put some padding back in the Matterhorn bobsleds.

I found an article in the online Orange County Register. To read it just google Orange County Register. I found it under Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree Disneyland.

tinkwest
09-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree is getting an upgrade already. It is getting padding around the sides and back of the seats. The renovation will be done early October and the attractiuon will not be shut down during this face lift. . . . .

I don't remember feeling beat up on this ride any more than on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. But as long as it doesn't take away from the experience, I don't see any harm in adding padding. I'm mostly glad that it will NOT be shut down. Some of my family members have yet to try it out and we will be there early October.

. . Now if they would only put some padding back in the Matterhorn bobsleds. . . .

I am so over the Matterhorn. I can't believe I ever was excited for them to change out the bobsleds. I found the ride to be so uncomfortable that when it was over I realized I had done nothing but try to find a comfortable position the whole time. Too bad - it's been one of my favorites since it opened. And turn down the volume! :soapbox: :twocents: :offtopic:

DisneyGlutton
09-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I am so over the Matterhorn. I can't believe I ever was excited for them to change out the bobsleds. I found the ride to be so uncomfortable that when it was over I realized I had done nothing but try to find a comfortable position the whole time. :offtopic:

:ditto:

Other than the original PotC, riding Matterhorn was the thing I looked forward to most when I visited DL. Alas, it was awful. Still nice to look at though...

bruin1344
09-21-2012, 09:45 PM
:ditto:

Other than the original PotC, riding Matterhorn was the thing I looked forward to most when I visited DL. Alas, it was awful. Still nice to look at though...

I agree. Most of the people in my party were sore after going on that ride.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
I love the Matterhorn, But to each his own. :mickey:

Disney4us2
09-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Can't wait for the padding. Just can't come soon enough. There is one part on the sides of Mater that protrudes a little bit. When it swings, you are sort of slammed into the sides. My shoulder really got it yesterday. Didn't get bruised color wise, but tender to the touch afterward.

tinkwest
09-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Can't wait for the padding. Just can't come soon enough. There is one part on the sides of Mater that protrudes a little bit. When it swings, you are sort of slammed into the sides. My shoulder really got it yesterday. Didn't get bruised color wise, but tender to the touch afterward.

Maybe I didn't notice because when I went on it I was always slamming my DH into the side but he never slammed in to me!