PDA

View Full Version : Mind games

disney obsessed
09-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I walked out of my back door this morning, just taking the paper to the trash can, and it hit me. That smell!!!!! I know that smell. It's the one you smell when you walk out the door of your resort at Disney World when its a little cool. I can't describe it but its kinda like the smell of sunshine on dew. I know you know what I mean.

Just three months:cool:

buzznwoodysmom
09-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh yes, I know that smell. Sometimes when leaving the house to bring the kids to school in the morning, one of my kids (or myself) will say "it feels like a Disney morning".

Also sometimes in the cooler months if we are in a parking lot near lots of restaurants at night the smell reminds us of Epcot or DTD. That smell of food coming from the restaurants and the crisp cool air smells like Disney in the fall/winter.

Dopey's Girl
09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I totally know that smell. It's not something specific, but it happens to me at least a few
times a year here and always makes me so very happy!

MadMadamMim
09-21-2012, 10:26 AM
For me it's when I'm driving home and it's about to rain (I live in farm country) and I automatically get transported to the scene in Living with the Land with the farm and the thunder. Ahhhh, I leave for the world in 6 1/2 hours!!!!

retiredfigment
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I know that feeling. We visited friends at a very woodsy condo complex and all I could think of was the wonderful, wet, dewy smell outside of the Alligator Bayou buildings!

cather74
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I know exactly what you mean....then I call my sister and say," it's a Disney morning." she's the only one who knows exactly what I'm talking about.:cloud9:

Kenny1113
09-21-2012, 05:22 PM
For me it's when I'm driving home and it's about to rain (I live in farm country) and I automatically get transported to the scene in Living with the Land with the farm and the thunder. Ahhhh, I leave for the world in 6 1/2 hours!!!!

Love that scene! :)

I had this expirence once when we're out on the boat, a huge storm was about to come in. The wind picked Up and the temperature dropped. Felt and smelled just like the storm scene in POTC.