PDA

View Full Version : Big Group at Disney

antngoof89
09-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Is it possible to keep a group of 20 (mostly ages 12+) together during a trip to Disney, or would it be best to let everyone go their own way? Lots of first timers going on a trip and we want to let them experience Disney as awesome as possible!

Strmchsr
09-20-2012, 02:30 PM
It's possible, but with that many people everyone is going to have a variety of interests. I'd suggest letting everyone go their own way and meet up for special things like meals or shows.

ANG
09-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah I would see what everyone is expecting from the trip. And possibly be in smaller groups. It will be hard to all do the same rides at a time and still make the most of your time in the World.

DisneyDawgette
09-20-2012, 03:28 PM
3 months ago I was asking this same question, so now with the experience under my belt, I think I can help!

We took a group of 45, and me and one other leader could keep up with our group of 16 pretty well! Definitely use the buddy system though and have them try to walk in some sort of line. We went two-by-two where partners walked side by side and each pair knew where in the line they were supposed to be. I know it sounds militant, but it helped a LOT to be able to look back and see if someone was obviously missing. Oh, and did I mention that we went in mid-June? Crowds were horrendous, and it still worked. :D

Just try and plan out a general direction you want to go in and get a feel for what your kids will want to do! If the majority want to do it and you don't have the leaders to take the ones who don't want to elsewhere, cast members are always happy to help you do baby swap or send the kids to a safe spot to wait on the rest of you. :)

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Our opinion, As long as they have cellphones and and least a small measure of responsibility, Let them explore. Otherwise it would be like hearding cats. Frustrating for you and all it does is make the cats not want to be with you.

Quadstriker
09-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Break it up into smaller groups if at all possible

AmandaChan
09-21-2012, 08:38 AM
If you are the type of person that likes to get a fair amount done in a day I would recommend splitting up and meeting up later for special things like op said. When we took my husband's family last year it was kind of frustrating to be walking for 5 minutes only to turn around and find out your brother in law and niece stopped at a store/stand a while ago and didn't tell you. Now you have to wait for them. It's okay to want to shop a lot and look at things but I DON'T WANT TO STOP EVERY 10 MINUTES AND WAIT FOR YOU. Sorry I am still alittle bitter :p

AmandaChan
09-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Our opinion, As long as they have cellphones and and least a small measure of responsibility, Let them explore. Otherwise it would be like hearding cats. Frustrating for you and all it does is make the cats not want to be with you.

I agree. I didn't mind spending some time with my family (there were 8 of us all together) and we had great times together especially at our reservations, but you move at SUCH a slow pace no matter what then you realize it is 1pm and you haven't done a single attraction and it is extremely frustrating. It's so not worth it to me.