PDA

View Full Version : Advice on queueing...

spiderkd
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
I would be very grateful for some advice on ride wait times. We will be going early to mid-december and unfortunately my mum who is in her early 60s has health problems and standing for long periods (i.e. queueing) can cause her back to cease up :sad:

She doesn't want to skip lines and is happy to wait the required time but just can't stand for too long.

I know that the fastpass system is probably our best bet but does anyone have any other tips or suggestions for how to cope when it comes to long lines?

Capt_redshirt
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM
i would imagine most wait times will be 5-20 mins top there are a few rides how ever that always seem to be incredibly long (peter pan the last time i was there was 45 to 60 mins wait everyday i still dont know why) fast pass will always be the best option also if the line splits into a left or right always take left (unless there is an interactive que involved) for example i took the left hand side for pirates and had my own boat where as people on the right had a long line to wait in...

SBETigg
09-20-2012, 01:17 PM
She could be eligible for a Guest Assistance Card if she has medical issues. I think she might just need a doctor's note. I'm not sure. I've never used one. But you can look it up, check the Guests with Special Needs forum, or I'm guessing someone else will be along with helpful information. But they do have help for people who have conditions that prevent standing in long lines, and this might be something useful for you.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-20-2012, 01:29 PM
If she is like my DD's BF and doesn't want to skip the lines maybe a wheelchair so she can sit in the lines. Can be rented for as low as $70 a week. You can have it delivered to your resort and they will pick it up there as well. hope this helps :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
No physician's note is necessary to obtain a Guest Assistance Card. Go to guest services once inside the park, explain your mother's needs and they will give her the appropriate card. In your particular case, there are areas in many attractions where your mother will be able to sit with the rest of your party while waiting for their turn to ride. Definitely use it if needed.

bruin1344
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Avoid parks that have extra morning hours if you dont plan on doing it

DisneyDawgette
09-21-2012, 01:12 AM
If you have an iPhone, download one of the many apps that will show you the wait times. I use WDW Maps by VersaEdge, the free one, and it's great! I used it when we went in June and the only time it was ever off was if a ride was broken down (*cough* Big Thunder Mtn...). Even then it would eventually catch up! However, it was always within 5 or 10 minutes of the actual time. It made planning where we were heading super easy, and we could avoid the big rides at busy times of day!

Hope it helps!

spiderkd
09-21-2012, 07:39 AM
:thumbsup:

Thank you so much everybody for the great suggestions. All of the comments are really useful and will definitely be noted!

Back to my countdown :D

mom2morgan
09-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm here right now and have a guest assistance card. I haven't actually had to use it, but it offers the option of using an alternate entrance. My issue is that I need to me able to get out of the queing area in a hurry and then re-enter, but for your mom there is often a place to sit. Of took me 5 minutes to get the card.