PDA

View Full Version : Disney College Program -hints for an excited newbie (and her more pragmatic Dad)

Mousemates
09-20-2012, 10:22 AM
My daughter (a Hotel and Tourism Management Major) just got accepted into the college program at WDW and starts in January (she will be working in attractions, unless she "wins" her audition and gets to be a face character.) I was hoping that some of you who went through the program (or simply have a good knowledge of its workings) might offer a few tips on how to get the most of the experience and what some of the pitfalls are that she will want to avoid.

brownie
09-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats to your daughter! I can't help with any advice, though.

joanna71985
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
My daughter (a Hotel and Tourism Management Major) just got accepted into the college program at WDW and starts in January (she will be working in attractions, unless she "wins" her audition and gets to be a face character.) I was hoping that some of you who went through the program (or simply have a good knowledge of its workings) might offer a few tips on how to get the most of the experience and what some of the pitfalls are that she will want to avoid.

Congrats to her! I did attractions on 2 CPs, and actually am just transfering now (after being at GMR for 2.5 years).

I would say, in regards to the CP:
*bring a car, if possible
*try to go to as many housing events as you can (they are a lot of fun)
*go to the parks and try new things (me and my roomates loved doing that)
*personally for me, I loved living at Chatham (one of the housing complexes). And my favorite apartment size was a 2 bedroom

If you have any more questions, I can try to answer them

Mousemates
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
sorry it took so long for me to get back (root canals are no fun:ill:)...but big thanks to the folks who replied (both in the thread and through private messages).

#1donaldfan
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
My DD had a great time with CP. She was in entertainment and loved it !! She plans on going back soon. ( she went to Pittsburgh for an audition for entertainment) She maintains her seasonal employment and works throughout the year as much as she can. We live 12 hours away. She had her car with her, which was a BIG plus. The CM busses were workable, but for her to drive to and from work was such a positive thing for her.

Feel comfortable in knowing that Disney takes care of our kids. The apartments are great and well secured. When I dropped her off at college the fist time at WVU I was horrified, then at Disney I felt "safe" about it. :cool:

Mousemates
09-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Feel comfortable in knowing that Disney takes care of our kids. The apartments are great and well secured. When I dropped her off at college the fist time at WVU I was horrified, then at Disney I felt "safe" about it. :cool:

:thumbsup: