PDA

View Full Version : Columbus day

mook3y
09-19-2012, 08:17 PM
What are park crowds like on Columbus day?

We have 5 non park days in our upcoming trip and curious if we should skip that day.

Main Street Jim
09-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Ehh. Columbus Day, while it *is* a "holiday", isn't nearly as busy in the parks as you'd think. No different than any other "normal" fall day. *Nothing* like Christmas/New Year's/4th of July/Easter. Kids are still (mostly) in school that day/week.

SBETigg
09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I found it's still fairly busy, though, sure, not at all like Christmas/Easter/etc. Wait times can get up there and parks can feel somewhat crowded. There are a lot of schools that now have fall break over that weekend. Not terrible, but I've been there for regular fall days and weekends and crowds were definitely up throughout the Columbus holiday weekend in my opinion. I wouldn't skip it, though.

Victor Kelly
09-20-2012, 12:13 PM
In Oct 1010, it was packed solid in MK, DHS was fine. We hopped over to DHS at noon becuase MK was jam packed. Seemed like everyone in Florida was there that day

AgentC
09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I think it depends one when the local schools have their teacher professional days. Most FL schools do have one in Oct.

In my county, we do not have Columbus Day off in 2012. We do have 10/12 and 10/19 off so more people would tend to go on one of those days. I know I was already considering it. :)