PDA

View Full Version : Kidani Question

VWL Mom
09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
We're staying at AKV for the first time in November. I know I want to request the Giraffe Savannah and I was going to ask for 1st floor off the lobby. Now I'm reading that there are no rooms on the 1st floor. Are there rooms off the lobby? :confused:

greengeen
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
The lobby is on the third floor and there are third floor rooms that are "off the lobby". But the area known as "Giraffe Trail" is all pool and parking lot views, no savannah views, so if you request "Giraffe Savannah" no one will know what you want. Did you book savannah view, Arusha savannah view, pool view, or standard?

VWL Mom
09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I booked Savannah 1 bdrm. On the map, it says Sunset Savannah and one side shows a boar and the other a giraffe. I'd like the giraffe side. This is at Kidani.

seanyred
09-18-2012, 08:37 PM
If you are staying at Kidani there's no differences to what Savannah you see. Most of the Savannah views are of Sunset Savannah. There is a small portion that faces Pembe Savannah it's a smaller savannah but has all the same animals. Just ask to be close to the lobby because it is a long hotel.

Disney4us2
09-18-2012, 09:08 PM
When we were at Kidani we were off to the right side of the lobby.... way way off and on the top floor...lol. It was a nice view... mostly of the tops of the trees. A lower floor would have been nice. The view was great and we got used to the walk/hike;)

I had requested to be close to the lobby due to mobility issues, but there was nothing available. DD and I were in a studio and we were traveling with our friends, also in a studio. Maybe that is why we couldn't get closer to the lobby.

I loved Kidani and the cozy feel that it had compared to Jambo House.

VWL Mom
09-22-2012, 07:21 AM
I loved Kidani and the cozy feel that it had compared to Jambo House.

I was flip=flopping between the two when I picked Kidani. Sounds like the right choice for me.

AgentC
09-22-2012, 08:24 AM
I was flip=flopping between the two when I picked Kidani. Sounds like the right choice for me.

I think you'll like it We stayed there in April and I really loved. I like Jambo but the lobby there is always so busy. Kidani is more relaxing.

Disney4us2
09-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I think you'll like it We stayed there in April and I really loved. I like Jambo but the lobby there is always so busy. Kidani is more relaxing.

That was my feeling too. I loved how cozy it felt, and Jambo was just a short scoot/walk away. Even the gift shop had all the necessities we needed even though it is tiny. Loved the Jambo gift shop for their larger selection though.

The only think really lacking is a real c/s service like The Mara at Jambo only smaller scale.

twinboyz
10-09-2012, 12:01 PM
We've stayed at Jambo and Kidani. Our most recent visit to Kidani was a Savannah View--I think that's what you want. Keep in mind--you pay for a Savannah view, but placement is pretty hit or miss. We wanted to be close to the lobby, but we had a studio and there isn't much near the lobby. We were on the top floor and way on the end. Beautiful view. Saw giraffes and zebra every morning/night. It's a large resort with little ammenties. If you want a break from Disney, this is a good place and the tour guides in the Savannah off the lobby are very informational and fun to talk to!!!

VWL Mom
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
If you want a break from Disney, this is a good place and the tour guides in the Savannah off the lobby are very informational and fun to talk to!!!
Good to know, thanks! Is that where the have the night viewings too?