PDA

View Full Version : CSR or POR?

Strmchsr
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM
In my family's ever increasing mania to stay at every resort on Disney property at least once we are down to two - Coronado Springs and Riverside. So, for our upcoming January trip, which would you recommend? I've visited both so I know a little about both places, probably more about POR than CSR since we've stayed at POFQ so many times, but I want thoughts from folks who have stayed at these. Thanks!

j2k
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
We stayed at CSR last month and LOVED it. The landscaping is beautiful, theming is spot on, and bus service is great!! I would stay there again!!!

Dopey's Girl
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
CSR is beautiful, especially at night, and the rooms were awesome. The pool was really fun and I loved just strolling the grounds. However, I hated the dining options there. I know many people love Pepper Market, but we really disliked having to tip someone for getting out own food. It was a huge pain. Plus we felt kind of out in left field. It wasn't close to anything really.

POR is most likely my favorite mod. It's charming and quaint. Plus the option of the boat to DTD is one of my favorite parts of the resort. The buses are kind of a pain here, just with the sharing with POFQ. Sometimes it feels like you are on a bus for a long time at the end of the night.

I'd give it to POR just for the food options and the DTD boat.

AgentC
09-19-2012, 12:45 AM
However, I hated the dining options there. I know many people love Pepper Market, but we really disliked having to tip someone for getting out own food. .

Finally someone who agrees with me on the Pepper Market, I have never gotten the appeal. :)

But back to Chris' question . . .

I have stayed at both resorts several times and give a slight edge to POR as my favorite of the two. As Meg mentioned, it is charming. I like both sections. The mansions are elegant and the Alligator Bayou is quaint and woodsy. I also think POR has one of the better food courts plus have the great lounge with entertainment.

But I think for a January trip I'd pick CSR. POR is at its best when the landscaping is full and vibrant. It doesn't have quite the same look in January as say April. CSR is still beautifully landscaped but the main scenery is the lake which is gorgeous no matter what month it is.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but I'd save POR for a time when all the plants are in bloom.

Angelgirl65
09-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Our family stayed at CSR And POR and much prefer CSR. The kids love the main pool and DH and I love the adult amenities.

Melanie
09-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I love them both. My two favorite mods! What tips it for POR for me are the Royal Rooms though, and I'm thinking that won't really appeal to your family. ;)

I've always been a fan of CSR. Love the pool, love the grounds/landscaping, and love the room decor. I even like Pepper Market (mainly for the variety though). We're staying there again in January and I can't wait!

Have fun deciding!

Kenny1113
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Another vote for POR.

My family and I are another who really dislikes Pepper Market.

ChipNDale79
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM
i would go with POF

Strmchsr
09-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I love them both. My two favorite mods! What tips it for POR for me are the Royal Rooms though, and I'm thinking that won't really appeal to your family. ;)

:D You're right about that! My boys are definitely more along the lines of the pirate rooms at CBR.

Mousemates
09-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Finally someone who agrees with me on the Pepper Market, I have never gotten the appeal. :)

As for Pepper Market you must have missed my posts on the subject...its the one thing I truly disliked about CSR.

As for the OP inquiry...if i was down to two resorts, I would save the better of them for last...which means I would do CSR this time and do the resort finale in a royal guest room at POR (one of our favorite resorts, regardless of price point).

Mousemates
09-19-2012, 10:37 AM
:D You're right about that! My boys are definitely more along the lines of the pirate rooms at CBR.

Don't be too quick to dismiss the royal rooms, the firework beds will have great appeal to boys too....i'm a boy and I loved them. lol