PDA

View Full Version : Castle Sight Lines - New Fantasyland

wiltsan
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Do any of you insiders know if Cinderella Castle's sight lines will be effected by the castles in the New Fantasyland?

I am very excited for the New Fantasyland and can't wait to plan a trip to see all the new attractions but I have been concerned that the castles in the New Fantasyland might interfere with the view of Cinderella's Castle.

For many of us, the most special part of any trip is when you first enter MK and get that view of Main Street and the Castle. I tear up, get so excited and can't wait for my day to begin. I would hate to think that other turrets, flags, mountain ranges and the like would be protruding behind Cinderella's Castle and wrecking that beautiful view.

The Imagineers usually think about things like this but if anyone can confirm that the classic view will remain intact, I could certainly rest a bit easier. Thanks!

steamboat willy
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
During our visit last year, construction of the top of the Beast Castle was already complete. You could not see any part of this castle until you entered into the "Old" Fantasyland.
Castle View is still the same as you walk down Main Street or any other direction! :balloon:

09-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Do any of you insiders know if Cinderella Castle's sight lines will be effected by the castles in the New Fantasyland?

Not that I've noticed.

joonyer
09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Beast Castle towers are MUCH much smaller than Cindy's Castle. The towers, turrets etc. are not that much taller than a man above the roof of the building. It's all forced perspective, quite amazing really, I'm sure someone here can post a picture or two from construction that shows how small the tower on Beast's castle really is. Or you can search online for construction photos and you will find some with construction workers in the picture. The tower part is not much bigger than a child's playhouse.

joonyer
09-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Here's the photo of the castle tower with a construction worker giving true size perspective:

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/sid697532LARGE.jpg

figgie
09-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for that picture, really puts things "in perspective"!

wiltsan
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Fantastic, all good news. Thanks Jooyner!