PDA

View Full Version : Large group question

CosmicRay
09-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Planning our trip is getting trickier and trickier! We are taking our dear friends with us to WDW. We have a family of 6 and they do too. BUT, they are missionaries in Honduras and a father whose wife died asked my friends to adopt their beautiful baby girl. They have agreed and got her a visa to come to the US with them when we go on our trip.

Can our friends stay in a FW cabins with a family of seven?

Or should I look at another resort? I've thought about getting all 13 of us 3 regular rooms for all of us to stay at. I figured that might be more convenient if they should need anything baby-wise, they could walk to the lobby.

suggestions?

cuteduck223
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
They can stay at Fort Wilderness IF any of the kids are under 3, because then they aren't in the room count. Keep in mind its sharing a bathroom. There is a double bed plus bunk beds in one room, and a pull down double bed plus smallish couch in the living room. They also provide a pack-in-play, but there isn't a Ton of room to set it up.

joonyer
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
You may want to check out All-Star Vacation Homes (Intercot Sponsor). Their link is on the top left side of the Intercot page. Yes, they are off-site, but for a large group they are a fantastic value. They have some homes with 6 or more bedrooms. They have fully equipped kitchens, linens, towels, multiple bathrooms, and most have their own pool. You should at least check them out. For a group of your size, they cost much less than multiple rooms at a Disney resort.

CosmicRay
09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
You may want to check out All-Star Vacation Homes (Intercot Sponsor). Their link is on the top left side of the Intercot page. Yes, they are off-site, but for a large group they are a fantastic value. They have some homes with 6 or more bedrooms. They have fully equipped kitchens, linens, towels, multiple bathrooms, and most have their own pool. You should at least check them out. For a group of your size, they cost much less than multiple rooms at a Disney resort.

I have thought about the All Star Vacation Homes and I have looked at their site many times. I thought the rooms, pool, some of the houses with media rooms and game rooms would be fun. But DH really likes staying on property plus we have the dining plan and I know our kids are looking forward to going to several of the restaurants with their friends. But thank you for the idea.

AmandaChan
09-21-2012, 08:50 AM
If she is a baby than I think she kind of doesn't 'count'. They can get a pack and play for her for free but I don't believe it affects the 'party size'. I could be wrong.

What a sad thing to hear but congratulations to them on their new addition to the family.

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Maybe the Treehouse villas will give you a bit more space... I looked into this once for a large party and thought it had great potential!