PDA

View Full Version : I miss it

Carolanne
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I miss going to WDW. I've gone from going 1-2 times a year (since 1996!) to 0. I'm in withdrawal!

DH & I had our last trip back in Nov 2010. I was 5 months pregnant with our first child. I was moving a little slowly then, got tired a little quicker, but enjoyed every minute of it (especially our Poly upgrade at check-in).

I get super-excited when a friend or co-worker tells me they're going to WDW and they ask me for planning advice. I'm more than happy to help them :mickey:

I just came back from a food shopping & for whatever reason, smelling that crisp fall air while I walked across the parking lot from th store to my car made me reminisce about those fall WDW trips and nights at the MNSSHP.

I've been of the mindset that we'd take our little one on her first WDW when she was 5 & able to enjoy it a bit, but now I'm leaning more towards when she's 2...which is next March :mickey:

I don't know. I just had to pop back onto the boards to catch a WDW fix :D Thanks for reading!

Dopey's Girl
09-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Sorry for the withdrawal...that is no fun.

Hopefully some time here on the boards will help.

Christine
09-17-2012, 11:24 PM
I know all about that feeling- Been there done that while I lived in Texas!

Congrats on your little one :baby: It's going to be amazing to bring her to WDW!

In the meantime, INTERCOT is a great pacifier til that next trip happens.

Be sure to check out INTERCOT on Facebook and Twitter as I tweet from the parks and resorts quite regularly. And we are bringing photos from parks and resorts right here to the boards as well!

Congrats again! Come when she's two...she's free then! :)

Pirate Granny
09-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Agree...two is a perfect age...still like their strollers, amused at almost anytime, still take naps if your lucky...and FREE...have u seen the children ticket prices recently...:confused:

Disneymom4ever
09-18-2012, 08:43 AM
I completely understand. To me the hardest part is when there's not a definite trip in the works, no set date. I'm at that point right now as well. My boys are telling me no more Disney until we try a cruise. They want something different. It's a struggle for me, so much that for a while I couldn't even come here to Intercot, just too painful. But just knowing there's a trip in the future is exciting, even if it's a few years away. But I agree with the others, 2 is a great age (and free!), which is a huge plus. We took our son at 3, and while he doesn't remember it, he had a wonderful time, and we have priceless photos to prove it. :mickey:

Carolanne
09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Aw, thanks for your responses everyone :mickey: The board is definitely helping with my withdrawal!

LudwigVonDrake
09-27-2012, 05:28 PM
You're among friends here. We understand what you're going through :D

Carolanne
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Um, I think we're gonna go for it! I've been in talks with my super-awesome MJ TA (*waves*). And the cardmembers' offer I received in this morning's email is clearly a sign we should do it :mickey:

MH is all for it. Surprisingly, I've been the holdout. I keep flashing back to the time we took my then 3 y/o nephew to WDW and it was just too much for him.

PopPhan
10-05-2012, 10:06 AM
It's only been a little over a year since our last trip, but I miss it as well! doesn't help when nephew and his wife are there right now and she posts where they are on facebook....

Hopefully, in the Spring, after the divorce is final, I will get a chance to do a solo trip -- maybe around F&G Festival time...

I guess the saying is right..."Absence makes the heart grow fonder"....

disney obsessed
10-05-2012, 10:44 AM
My answer is always......GO!

You only live once.

FriendsofMickey
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I say if you think your child can handle it, go. I took my twins to Disney when they were not quite 3 and they loved it. We never had a problem at all.

In other words, do not base your decision on your nephew unless you think your daughter is a lot like him.

My girls loved it all. The biggest adjustment was just slowing down a bit. Allowing them to enjoy whatever caughter their eye.

Have fun planning! :mickey: