PDA

View Full Version : New Experience....

RavsRuleDisney!
09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
OK, our 11/12 trip....cancelled :( and with a big 2013 Alaskan cruise on tap we may not see the mouse for a bit. Double :(:(

Might as well post a few questions to keep me in the Disney mood...

For all those fortunate multi trippers like ourselves, what is one ride or attraction you have yet to experience but look to tackle it next time at the World?

I would love to try the Richard Petty driving experience or get up the nerve (bit of motion sickness) to ride Astro Orbiter at night ;)

azcavalier
09-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Attraction that i've never tried, but might this next time.....DisneyQuest. The DW and I will be buying the Premiere AP (with the huge DVC Owner discount) at the end of our trip this fall, and will be using them in the spring. Since it includes admission to DisneyQuest, we thought we'd go check it out.

Kenny1113
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
... Or get up the nerve (bit of motion sickness) to ride Astro Orbiter at night ;)

Its fun at night! :mickey:

We keep trying to do LaNouba. Hopefully in Oct we get to. :)

stephicakes
09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
We keep trying to do LaNouba. Hopefully in Oct we get to. :)

Definitely go! It is amazing and well worth the $$! :encore:

As for something I have never done but would like to do... the Tiki Room! Every time I am there the people I am with have no interest in seeing it. I hear it's kinda cheesy but it's still on my list! :D

dizneydeb22
09-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Mine would also be Astro Orbiter...night or day. That is the last ride I have yet to experience, well that and Mission Space...but I have NO desire to ride MS!! But when we return next August, most of FLE will be complete, so I will have quite a few more! :mickey:

Ms. Mode
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
:blush:I would love to try the water parks.

Capt_redshirt
09-17-2012, 04:13 PM
As for something I have never done but would like to do... the Tiki Room! Every time I am there the people I am with have no interest in seeing it. I hear it's kinda cheesy but it's still on my list! :D

I think when it was the tiki room with Iago and Zazu it was cheesy... but now thats its back to the original (ish) I think its worth it...

the one thing i want to try is the segway tour of epcot.... i keep wanting to go but its wasnt easy being Pooh sized

buzznwoodysmom
09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
There are several "attractions" that we haven't done yet that we are looking forward to on future trips. I'd like to do at least one or two of these on our next trip. Can't do them all at once because they are all high priced experiences.

We'd like to do the following:
La Nouba
Hoop de Doo (not really that interested in it, but would like to do this just once)
Exotic Driving experience (for DH)
Wild African Trek at AK
One of the segway tours (once boys are both old enough)

Then there are a few things I'd love to do one day. We haven't done these because we have two boys who don't really enjoy girly stuff.
Afternoon tea at GF
At least one meal at CRT

And probably more than anything I'd just love to go to Food and Wine Festival at Epcot one day.

TexasRoni
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
This post fits me to a T! We took a roadtrip to visit family last month (27 hours of driving each way!). So - no WDW this year since DH says NO travel for at least 6 months, and it's killing me. I had already mapped out a Christmas trip for us to WDW and now it's on hold. Since 1999 we've been there at LEAST every other year, sometimes twice a year.

I have already made a list of all the Disney things I'd like to do. On my list:

* Dine at Whispering Canyon Cafe
* Hall of Presidents and Tom Sawyer Island (we always pass by these two by on way to Haunted Mansion, meaning to go back and never made it)
* Astro Orbiter
* TOT at night
* Visit one of the Water Parks (which means planning a trip in warmer weather - we are usually there in December or February and it's never been warm enough)
* Visit the Deluxe resorts to see which one we want to stay at on our trip after this next one.
* Haircut for our youngest son in Magic Kindgom (it will be his first time in WDW)

AllDisney
09-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Afternoon Tea @ GF and the Candlelight Processional @ Epcot:number1:

darthmacho
09-17-2012, 06:17 PM
We just took a 14-day trip so I figured that we'd fit in things that we had skipped in the past, and some of them we did.

Despite this, we didn't get over to Tom Sawyer's Island yet again. We did fit in the Swiss Treehouse, Triceratops Spin, and Flights of Wonder. Also, we've yet to visit One Man's Dream, and I have no desire to see American Idol.

Outside the parks, I'd like to try one of the mini-golf places at some point.

jenperich
09-17-2012, 09:14 PM
We will be going next October for our son's first trip. I think we will experience MANY things that we've experienced before, but we'll experience them a very different way.

One thing we've never experienced before that I'm looking forward to experiencing, is getting our son's haircut on Main Street. Can NOT wait for this! :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I've never done Mission Space. It kind of freaks me out. But I may have to buck up one of these trips and try it out.

iluvdumbo
09-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I've never done Rockin Roller Coaster, but I think I may be dragged on it in December. New experience for sure since it s going to be my first upside down roller coaster.

Disneymom4ever
09-18-2012, 09:52 AM
It seems there are always things on my list that we never get to, but here are the things we would like to do:

* Segway tour-now that my youngest is 16, I'm looking forward to this!
* Luau at the Polynesian- My boys want to go to Hawaii, so I thought this would be fun.
* Rent Sea Raycers
* Wild African Trek at AK
* Typhoon Lagoon- Been to Blizzard Beach twice, never been to this water park.
* Stay at every resort at least once is my goal! Not so much my kids, they just want to live at WL!
* Go to MVMCP, MNSSHP, and the Food and Wine Festival.

BlueDorrie
09-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Great topic, I've been thinking about the rides that I've not have ridden from our previous trips. I'm determined on my upcoming trip to ride at least two of the rides below:

Big Thunder Mtn Railroad
Space Mtn
Astro Orbiter
Dinosaur (with my eyes open!)
Mission: Space (the nausea inducing version)
Toy Story Midway
Kali Rapids

DisneyFr33k
09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Key to the Kingdom Tour!

Taking it next February and am looking forward to it!

DisneyHoneymooners
09-18-2012, 01:54 PM
We keep saying that we are going to do the Wild African Trek but it seems to get bumped every year. I also would love to try the para-sailing at the Contemporary.

DisneyDawgette
09-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Since the last couple of trips I've been on have been exclusionary of my favorite park, I still have yet to ride Soarin'! And I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get to see the Candle Light Processional. That may just end up on my bucket list!

joonyer
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
. . . I would love to try the Richard Petty driving experience or get up the nerve (bit of motion sickness) to ride Astro Orbiter at night ;)

Astro Orbiter at Night = AWESOME. :number1: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

I admit, it's a little scary for me too, because of the height off the ground, and you are just sorta hangin' out there; but you should work up the courage to try it. After dark, the view of the MK with all the lights at night is fabulous. And if you can time it right, it's even better during Wishes! I just wish it wasn't so slow loading, it takes so long to get through the queue.

buzznwoodysmom
09-18-2012, 05:38 PM
* Stay at every resort at least once is my goal! Not so much my kids, they just want to live at WL!

Are we related??? LOL. I'm on a mission to stay at every WDW resort too, but my family would live at WL if we could!

I also see several items on your list that are also on mine!

ANG
09-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Soarin! Each time we go I've either been pregnant or had to sit out with a kid or had no left over time to go.

Disneymom4ever
09-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Are we related??? LOL. I'm on a mission to stay at every WDW resort too, but my family would live at WL if we could!

I also see several items on your list that are also on mine!

That's too funny Denise! Actually, when I was reading the posts, there were SO many on your list that matched mine, I just didn't want you to think I was copying, lol. And yes, CRT and the Driving Experience is also on my wish list. Too funny. :mickey: