PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Update

AgentC
09-17-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't think I have seen this mentioned anywhere, so I thought I would post about it.

We went to the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. When we went to get new cards, the cast member asked if it had been awhile since we played. We had not played since July. Apparently the system crashed in August causing all game activity to be lost.

They will reset you to where you were in the game but you lose all the spell card power you have built. They asked my son who the last villian he defeated was and what area he wanted to start playing in.

On the positive side, a nice bonus to anyone going to the Halloween party is that a special edition Chip n Dale card will be available at the firehouse for party ticket holders during the party.

Disneymom4ever
09-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the update, my boys wanted to play this last time we were there, but we never got around to it. We'll definitely try it out next time, sounds like fun!

DisneyRPh
10-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I had no idea what was going on when i saw people playing this game in the early part of my visit. I only started playing the second to the last day of my visit. Everyone standing in lines at the portals were very helpful in getting me started, and offered some good trades! I'm now home and trying to collect the cards via Ebay or through card trading groups. I cound them as one of the best souvenirs i took home with me in this trip...and perhaps all my vacations. It's like having a little Disney art collection!

Showed my familiy some Youtube videos and my entire family wants to start their collection.

On a side note, I just booked my next trip in September 2013....got an entire day planned to play the game from start to finish. I'm so excited!

Tigerinvestigator
10-09-2012, 11:22 AM
It is alot of fun. We are a family of five so each day we went to the MK on our recent trip, we all got cards. We came home with a good number of them. The game is fun and I recommend it to everyone, even if you only play in one land it is pretty impressive technology and a great way to spend some time together in the MK.:thumbsup:

Brer_Fox
10-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I have no clue what this is but I am excited about it.

Can some one please explain what this is so that I know what to look for when I head down in 15 days.

Thank you.

AgentC
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I have no clue what this is but I am excited about it.

Can some one please explain what this is so that I know what to look for when I head down in 15 days.

Thank you.

Sorcerers is an interactive game played using video screens throughout MK and cards with a RFID chip. The cards are available at the Firehouse as you enter. You can get 1 pack of 5 cards per each ticket/pass per day. (You have to give them your ticket to scan.)

You are given a key card that opens the "portals". From there you use your cards to fight off villians who are trying to help Hades take over the Magic Kingdom.

My son loves it. From the lines , so do many adults! Have fun.