PDA

View Full Version : Got a sneak peek at Storytime with Belle

WDW&MK
09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
We are just back from WDW. We were at the MK and had just sat through Mickey's Philharmagic and at the end a Mgr CM came in and invited the whole audience to follow a CM over to the new Story time with Belle attraction. He said it would take about 1 hour but would be worth our time. DH and I followed the group over and went through the new attraction. It is very cute and has lots of neat details in the que area. The actual storytime thing is probably great for those with little children - just ok for us as adults. The animatronic Lumiere was fantastic!!! LOVED Lumiere!!! Belle spent quite a bit of time with the storytime participants and did pics with the participants as well. We were just in the audience though. I am excited for the fantasyland to open. It looks like a beautiful addition to the park from the small bit we could see.
Kari

DisneyGlutton
09-17-2012, 12:29 AM
For those without children (like me), would you say its worth doing at least once? I've watched the walk-thru's on Youtube and it looks nicely done but also insufferable

WDW&MK
09-17-2012, 06:44 AM
I guess I would say yes, do it once. The mirror effect that they've shown on youtube is pretty neat and Lumiere was worth seeing to me. I was in awe of him. The actual story time thing is just ok - reminds me a lot of the skits that the street players do in England at Epcot (Holy Grail skit etc).

MNNHFLTX
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Thank you for sharing your experience--what a special treat! One of our new INTERCOT staff members, Christine, also got the chance to do the Storytime with Belle. Wonder if you were in the same group?

Josh, just wondering why you thought it looked insufferable? :confused:

azcavalier
09-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Are Lumiere and the Wardrobe both pre-programmed audio-animatronic? Or are they interactive with the guests?

WDW&MK
09-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I "think" they were both interactive. I am pretty sure Lumiere is and I also think the wardrobe is. We were in WDW for 2 weeks and this happened the first week we were there (week of Labor Day), so it's been a bit.

I asked DH and he thought they were both interactive too.

Cinderelley
09-18-2012, 12:13 AM
So good to hear. Thanks for telling us.

taleasoldastime
09-18-2012, 01:25 AM
I am really excited about this! I dont care if i:party:ts kind of cheesy. I can get down with cheesy! Im just happy there is something Beauty and the Beast to do now!

DisneyGlutton
09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Josh, just wondering why you thought it looked insufferable? :confused:

All of the audience interaction is what made it look insufferable to me, along with what a previous poster described as it being cheesy. If I had a child participating and enjoying it (maybe one day), it would be one thing, but I don't. As I said, it looks well done, but not geared to people like me. I guess I'm a grumpy old man?

Melanie
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I think I'm going to be one that is excited to experience this (mainly for the portal), but repeat value may be in question. I'm not really in the demographic either.

Stu29573
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I am really excited about this! I dont care if i:party:ts kind of cheesy. I can get down with cheesy! Im just happy there is something Beauty and the Beast to do now!

Quote from Walt Disney when asked if he minded that his movies tended to be corny: "I like corn." I guess you could say the same for cheese!

MNNHFLTX
09-18-2012, 06:52 PM
All of the audience interaction is what made it look insufferable to me, along with what a previous poster described as it being cheesy. If I had a child participating and enjoying it (maybe one day), it would be one thing, but I don't. As I said, it looks well done, but not geared to people like me. I guess I'm a grumpy old man?Oh no, I wouldn't think that, based on your response. I was just curious about your remark. This is something definitely geared towards kids, so it might not end up getting repeat appearances from me either, but I know I want to experience it at least once so that I know what it's about.

Main Street Jim
09-19-2012, 08:43 PM
So, is the actual "Storytime" part the same as what it was before at Storytime Garden (when it was near the Castle)?

buzznwoodysmom
09-19-2012, 08:57 PM
I've seen a few videos online and I think it looks well done and very cute. I'm sure we'll watch it once just to experience it, but with two preteen boys I don't think it will be a repeat for us.

The one thing that looked odd, at least to me, was the cardboard looking cutouts they had the participants use. It just looked very cheap, especiallly compared to the rest of the elaborately themed area.

WDW&MK
09-20-2012, 06:55 AM
I never saw the first storytime, so I don't know if they are the same. They take audience participants and give them parts to re-enact the night that Belle and the Beast fell in love. As a previous poster stated, they give the guests cardboard cutouts representing their parts. Some parts are for adults and some they give to children.