PDA

View Full Version : Episode 39 - The Ladies Love Cetera

John
09-16-2012, 10:07 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast - Episode 39 The Ladies Love Cetera

The ladies love Cetera and a welcome to Christine Warner.

- The Fantasyland expansion. Christine gets a preview and walks us thru the new attraction in great detail.

- Gary is vindicated.

- Olivanders Wand Shop/Show

- Mrs. Tick Tock fail & Miagi Says

- Avatarland scrapped or on hold? Rumours are flying. Ian thinks it will never see the light of day.

- Universal and their expansion, Disney Studios Expansion.

- INTERCOT's Best Of - Breakfast. Christine: Whispering Canyon. Ian: Chef Mickey's. Carol: Kona. Gary: Akershus. Melanie: Ohana. John: Sara Lee Bakery.

- INTERCOT 15th Anniversary Celebration, Duffy T-shirt

- Show and Tell

- Ian wants 20 new BEST OF suggestions

- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

- Lion King Rooms at Art of Animation Resort. Carol is not a fan. The crew likes the Nemo and Cars rooms. The decor confuses us a bit.

- Mel's going back for some more Run Disney.

- Gary and the POV cam.

- Fantasmic adding seating & rumours. world of Color a good fit?

-Kilimanjaro Safari's welcoming new Zebra space

- Check out our YouTube channel with lots of new video at http://www.youtube.com/intercot
- The podcast slowly grinds to a halt. It's time to go...

- We talk about the new Test Track

- Prime pick of the week - Lionel Richie's new album - http://goo.gl/2cS04

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, SHARE, LOVE and WELCOME CHRISTINE! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2012/episode-39.asp)

SBETigg
09-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow, you are getting these out fast lately! Thanks. I'm excited to listen tomorrow. And even more excited for October's meet!

Dopey's Girl
09-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Can't wait to listen, you just made my long, very boring day at work so much better!!!

Melanie
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't think we did a very good job getting our true thoughts across on the new Lion King rooms at Art of Animation.

Let us know what you think! :D :simba:

dpamac
09-17-2012, 08:47 AM
I'd like to point out that we're not necessarily recommending the Lionel Richie album. Just noting that if you CHOOSE to buy it you wouldn't have to pay for shipping with your Prime subscription. After John played the samples I wished he hadn't.

If you had Prime you could choose, instead, to watch the first couple of seasons of Fringe instead. That's a great use of your time and it's included with the yearly subscription. Then you could buy Lionel Richie's Greatest Hits and remember those hits they way they were meant to be remembered. Without Shania Twain.

DisneyDINK
09-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Are you trying to get Pork to sponsor Intercot or something? You've really been porcinating us the last couple of shows.

I'm with John on the bacon thing: Not too crispy.

DisneyGirl85
09-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Listening to the podcast now, only about 35 minutes in, but a great way to start the week and props to John for editing it in about a week!! :mickey:Christine aka "Cindy" (according to Ian) LOL. Great addition to the podcast! You mesh perfectly with the group! :thumbsup:

Melanie
09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Are you trying to get Pork to sponsor Intercot or something? You've really been porcinating us the last couple of shows.

What can we say? We love bacon! :D

dpamac
09-17-2012, 12:13 PM

We fully believe in all of our sponsors, and use them personally. So The Pork Council will be a perfect fit. I will be happy to promote their products. Roasted, smoked, brined, marinated, fried, cured, grilled, sauced, rubbed, in any form, roasts, steaks, pulled, chops...

Call us, pork. We bring value.

Melanie
09-17-2012, 12:24 PM
And I just wanted to point out, as I did on Twitter this morning, that with this episode, the ladies finally have equal representation on the panel. It's about time. ;)

Girl Power!! :clappy:

DisneyDINK
09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
For Ian or who(m)ever, here are some my "Best of" suggestions for the podcasts:

1. Dealbreaker: What ride closure/refurb would cause you to change your travel dates so you could do it before of after the closure?
2. Best film in Disney World? (Circle Visions, Norway exit, Impressions, EO, Philharmagic, etc.)
3. Best Interactive display. (Phinnesa & Ferb, sounds dangerous exit, SE exit, SM queue, old rollercoaster builder at Communicore, etc.)
4. Best boat ride or boat transportation.
5. Best water park attraction.
6. Best (and/or worst) attraction line/queue.
7. Best attraction for adults and/or worst attraction for kids.
8. Best attraction for kids and/or worst attraction for adults.
9. Favorite time of year to visit.
10. Ride or attraction you will never do again (once is enough).
11. Best stage or dinner show (something with live actors) at Disney World.
12. Best DVC property.
13. Favorite lunch spot.

13 sounds like a good number to end on. I hope you find at least one of these that is interesting.

Thanks for the podcasts!

-Evan (DisneyDink)

BrerGnat
09-17-2012, 12:49 PM
What can we say? We love bacon! :D

The best t-shirt I ever saw someone wearing was at Disneyland. It said "Bacon is Meat Candy."

It SO is. I haven't even listened to the podcast yet, but I want some bacon now...

Dopey's Girl
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Another great one! I think it was the balance of guys and ladies! Loved Christine as the new voice! I loved listening to her talk about her FLE adventure.

Favorite breakfast...that's hard. I'm with Mel on Chef Mickey's. That place is always way too chaotic. I have a hard time concentrating on a good day, that place is total overload! Can't even think about having to eat in there.

I might have to say Crystal Palace, just because they have my single favorite breakfast food ever, Pooh's puffed french toast. it's amazing, and is the only reason I eat there nearly every trip. But even there I just need to eat and get out!

I also agree that the Lion King rooms are awful. There are just way too many patterns and colors in there. It's like they let a pack of 4 year old boys pick out one thing each to put in there. Nothing matches, and none of it is remotely attractive on it's own. :sick:

SBETigg
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Best out-of-park experience? Best lunch? Best celebrity use in ride (like Ellen at Energy Adventure, or my personal favorite- Patrick Warburton on Soarin)?

My favorite breakfast, lobster eggs benedict at Grand Floridian Cafe. I have actually never been to Chef Mickey's, and while I feel I am missing out on an iconic Disney experience, Mel and Christine made me glad of it.

Ladies love Cetera? Really?

Melanie
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
It's like they let a pack of 4 year old boys pick out one thing each to put in there.

Oh, I love that Meg. Perfect, and yes, exactly what it seems like.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Listening to the podcast now... I just have to say... OHANA'S FOR LIFE!!! If I could come up with an emoticon with an Ohana gang sign, I would! :number1:

I need a flight of bacon!!! But, I do love my bacon crispy in the middle but, chewy edges.

I'll be back with my best of suggestions... I do love a challenge.

BriarRose0708
09-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the Podcast, Christine! Loved your input and hearing about your FLE experience. I hope they are doing more soft openings and tests in October!

Breakfast in general is my favorite no matter where I am. But if I'm in Disney, it's hands down Kona Cafe. Love the press pot, macadamia nut pancakes, and this trip I am planning on getting Tonga Toast for the very first time!

AgentC
09-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Another great podcast and welcome to Christine.

I'm going to have to go with Mel on best breakfast. Experience wise Ohana is always a great time and unlimited Mickey waffles delivered to your table is a huge plus.

Food wise I really love Tusker House for breakfast. The character experience is decent. but there are some really great food choices.

I do have to agree with Gary that the potato casserole at Akershus is delicious, but no Mickey waffles and the price usually make it a pass for us.

And finally sorry Ian a big no to Chef Mickey's. Maybe the lack of sleep from all those kids is getting to you. :D At this point I only go there if specifically requested by one of my kids. Too loud and too hectic for me.

I'll try to be back later with some best of suggestions.

dpamac
09-17-2012, 10:15 PM
I do have to agree with Gary that the potato casserole at Akershus is delicious, but no Mickey waffles and the price usually make it a pass for us.

Now that my daughter is past the age of caring about what princesses she sees (well...mostly past...she still gets all excited over the characters, completely suspending disbelief as soon as we get there even though intellectually she knows the truth), we probably wont go back.

I'm a pancake guy, myself. In fact, I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't make Mickey pancakes at home. I mean, easiest possible thing you can do. Heck, when I was single and living alone I still made them for myself. Because if it was good enough for my mom, it's good enough for everyone.

Christine
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I like to think I add an innocence and wholesomeness to the group. :angel: ;) :D

AgentC
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm a pancake guy, myself. In fact, I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't make Mickey pancakes at home. I mean, easiest possible thing you can do. Heck, when I was single and living alone I still made them for myself. Because if it was good enough for my mom, it's good enough for everyone.

I love pancakes too, but my son is strictly a Mickey waffle boy. A trip is not complete for him without them. Maybe I need to add Mickey pancakes to our menu at home. ;)

dpamac
09-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I like to think I add an innocence and wholesomeness to the group. :angel: ;) :D

Says the woman who snuck her way into a preview...

Which I find even funnier, for some reason, because you had just finished a run.

Melanie
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM

:funny:

Carol
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
:haha:

:goodbad:

Christine
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
I said I'd LIKE to think I bring an innocence... :D ;) :thedolls:

We all really know I'll be the one playing quarters at the table at BOG! :beer: :wine:

Dopey's Girl
09-18-2012, 01:37 PM
We all really know I'll be the one playing quarters at the table at BOG! :beer: :wine:

I liked you before, now I really like you!

AgentC
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I said I'd LIKE to think I bring an innocence... :D ;) :thedolls:

:rotfl:

Melanie
09-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Troublemaker! :razz: :beer:

Scott C
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Best Breakfast??? -- A toss up between the brunch buffet at the Top of the World or Tangeroa Terrace...

Scott C

Ian
09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't think we did a very good job getting our true thoughts across on the new Lion King rooms at Art of Animation.

Let us know what you think! :D :simba:Yes I'm sure we left it vague. :shakehead:

For Ian or who(m)ever, here are some my "Best of" suggestions for the podcasts:

1. Dealbreaker: What ride closure/refurb would cause you to change your travel dates so you could do it before of after the closure?
2. Best film in Disney World? (Circle Visions, Norway exit, Impressions, EO, Philharmagic, etc.)
3. Best Interactive display. (Phinnesa & Ferb, sounds dangerous exit, SE exit, SM queue, old rollercoaster builder at Communicore, etc.)
4. Best boat ride or boat transportation.
5. Best water park attraction.
6. Best (and/or worst) attraction line/queue.
7. Best attraction for adults and/or worst attraction for kids.
8. Best attraction for kids and/or worst attraction for adults.
9. Favorite time of year to visit.
10. Ride or attraction you will never do again (once is enough).
11. Best stage or dinner show (something with live actors) at Disney World.
12. Best DVC property.
13. Favorite lunch spot.

13 sounds like a good number to end on. I hope you find at least one of these that is interesting.

Thanks for the podcasts!

-Evan (DisneyDink)These are good ones! :thumbsup:

Uh no ... That's my job?!

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Great job on your first podcast Christine! :thumbsup::mickey:

My best of breakfast is definitely Akershus. It's funny to hear how you were all pronouncing it, I keep pronouncing it like; A-Kersh-us lol oops :blush: But that is by far my favorite breakfast. I will be trying the one in AK in December so that may change my mind!

I will be back with some Best Of suggestions. I keep wanting to hear everyone's best of extinct meal, what was you're favorite meal or drink from somewhere that they no longer serve :mickey: I know DBF's would be the bread bowls at Harbor House! lol

Should the best of thread be sticky'd so it's more visible for everyone to post suggestions as you guys go along? Just wondering :blush:

dpamac
09-19-2012, 09:15 AM
My best of breakfast is definitely Akershus. It's funny to hear how you were all pronouncing it, I keep pronouncing it like; A-Kersh-us lol oops :blush: But that is by far my favorite breakfast. I will be trying the one in AK in December so that may change my mind!

You were closer than I was. I'm pretty sure I have been insulting people in Norwegian for years with the way I pronounced it.

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
You were closer than I was. I'm pretty sure I have been insulting people in Norwegian for years with the way I pronounced it.

:funny::rotfl:
And do you mean in "Norway"? lol :goof:

SBETigg
09-19-2012, 10:59 AM
:funny::rotfl:
And do you mean in "Norway"? lol :goof:

No, I think he means he sounded like he was using a Norwegian insult word, the way he said it. Though possibly insulting the people of Norway as well. I was pleased to learn that I've actually been saying it right all these years. The more amusing thing might be to see how many different ways we've all spelled Akershus around here through the years.

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2012, 11:12 AM
No, I think he means he sounded like he was using a Norwegian insult word, the way he said it. Though possibly insulting the people of Norway as well. I was pleased to learn that I've actually been saying it right all these years. The more amusing thing might be to see how many different ways we've all spelled Akershus around here through the years.

Ahhhh okay! lol I'm a little slow today, haven't had enough coffee :coffee:

dpamac
09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, I was speaking of the language not the people whom, of course, we all know are referred to as Norwayians from the country of Norwegia.

Quadstriker
09-19-2012, 03:38 PM
How about Best of The Boardwalk? A tremendous addition to a Disney trip but not everyone knows about all the stuff to do there so they never have been.

Best of Downtown Disney?

PopPhan
09-19-2012, 04:01 PM
How about "Best of: (Merchandise) Shop Names"?

Places like 'Villains In Vogue'; 'Everything Pop'; that type of thing......

dpamac
09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
How about Best of The Boardwalk? A tremendous addition to a Disney trip but not everyone knows about all the stuff to do there so they never have been.

Best of Downtown Disney?

They took away my favorite part of The Boardwalk around 1999. They used to have a kiosk with a machine that made fresh, tiny donuts. Never saw it again.

Also, the turtles in the water are pretty cool. Your sister fed one a hot dog, which I found very strange.

Melanie
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Gary's favorite thing about the Boardwalk would be the signage.

dpamac
09-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Gary's favorite thing about the Boardwalk would be the signage.

It's true. I love the signage. I'd kill to stay right below where it says "Crest of the Wave." Even if it weren't a killer room.

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Okay here's some of my best of ideas after much thinking and double checking the list!

Best of ideas:
1) soundtrack (specific attraction, movie, park, etc)
2) celebrity cameo (ie, Ellen in universe of energy! I know bad example I didn't want to give away a good one though!)
3) special secrets (ie, the key under the mat in muppets)
4) world showcase country*(I can't remember if that was covered under the episode about best Epcot pavilion though?)
5) best of rumors (favorite rumor you ever heard about Disney)
6) non-animated movie
7) money saving tips
8) character
9) cast member experience*
10) snacks

DisneyDINK
09-19-2012, 09:38 PM
2) celebrity cameo (ie, ellen in universe of energy! I know bad example i didn't want to give away a good one though!)

"ding!"

ryca1dreams
09-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Gary,

You could combine the bike ride/race through the parks with the helmet cam. Would make a great video.

Just trying to figure out how to fit bacon into the event...maybe a Piglet tie-in?

dpamac
09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Gary,

You could combine the bike ride/race through the parks with the helmet cam. Would make a great video.

Just trying to figure out how to fit bacon into the event...maybe a Piglet tie-in?

Hmm. I wonder how long it would take them to catch me...

Also, I think bacon is its own tie-in. I don't think you have to have a reason, per se. You know, just bacon. Or when I'm sitting in Disney security and they ask me why I did what I did I can say, "Because of bacon" and then pull a strip out of my pocket and eat it. One that's not too crispy or too chewy.

disneykidsince1970
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM
chocolate covered bacon? hhmm... like a peanut buuter cup - the ratio of the two flavors would be critical.

Best Breakfast for me TODAY... IN MY ROOM! When we are at BLT, I make real oatmeal w/ fresh berries or apple, coffee in my to-go cup with my fave coffee milk and splenda...and I am all set with saved calories and dollars to be spent the rest of the day!

Best Breakfast from the old Days... a box of Dunkin' Donut holes! i.e., MUNCHKINS!! as we got on the turnpike to drive to Orlando. Dad used to get us a box of mixed variety with cartons of cold white milk. They lasted about the first 30 minutes btwn us 2 girls.... sittin' in the back seat of the Oldsmobile! aahhh...

Best of Suggestions...
BEST SNACK!! TinkerbellT421 already suggested it and I 2nd... and/or BEST CUPCAKE!!

and, since this subject is very currently on my mind...

Best Thing you want to do at Disney that you would need "special permission for" like...

- Go to top of Spaceship Earth and peek out the top

- Be at Takeoff or Landing when Tink flies

- Private Tour of Haunted Mansion behind the scenes

- Be a character for a day/half-day!

- Ride at the front of the monorail...

- See what they do to prep for Wishes each day

- Ride on a parade float in costume

Welcome Christine - great descriptions and even though I am envious - I love to hear that there are people who can go a few times a week!! and go for a run... too cool.

and...have you shared the pix of the hideous LionKing rooms? I took a quick peak on FB but didn't see them...

another great one guys... my next long boring flight is on October 1... any chance we'll get another one before then? :blush:

TinkerbellT421
09-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Hmm. I wonder how long it would take them to catch me...

Also, I think bacon is its own tie-in. I don't think you have to have a reason, per se. You know, just bacon. Or when I'm sitting in Disney security and they ask me why I did what I did I can say, "Because of bacon" and then pull a strip out of my pocket and eat it. One that's not too crispy or too chewy.

Speaking of Bacon, did you see the picture I tagged you guys in on Facebook? It's a picture of Bacon toothpaste. TOOTH PASTE! BACON.....TOOTH PASTE. Just sayin ;)

dpamac
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Speaking of Bacon, did you see the picture I tagged you guys in on Facebook? It's a picture of Bacon toothpaste. TOOTH PASTE! BACON.....TOOTH PASTE. Just sayin ;)

I actually have bacon chapstick that someone gave me along with a game called "Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure."

Maybe I should bring it to the meet so we can all play at the Wave/Disney's Dennys (decor) on Friday.

TinkerbellT421
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
I actually have bacon chapstick that someone gave me along with a game called "Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure."

Maybe I should bring it to the meet so we can all play at the Wave/Disney's Dennys (decor) on Friday.

Mmmm. Bacon. Anything goes with Bacon. I wonder how those Bacon Sundaes are from Burger King......

Carol
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
and...have you shared the pix of the hideous LionKing rooms? I took a quick peak on FB but didn't see them...
From Magical Journeys:

Carol
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
You can follow them on Facebook.

Carol
09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
One more.:yeti:

BriarRose0708
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Carol, thanks for showing those photos here. :ack: Looks terrible! The bedspread matches NOTHING and looks so out of place. I like the giraffe heads coming out of the couch, but that's it.

SBETigg
09-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Wow, I had no idea the Lion King rooms were that bad! No wonder you were discussing. Eeek!

TinkerbellT421
09-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Holy cow. That is BAD! Thanks for the pics Carol! Now I get why you guys were talking about this on the podcast! :sick::ack:

Carol
09-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the input.

We felt bad when discussing afterward - when not one of us had a positive opinion of the decor. :jaw:

Melanie
09-21-2012, 02:50 PM
My favorite is the snot green bedspread. :D

BrerGnat
09-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh, gosh, those LAMPS in the master bedroom...

Terrible.

Just...terrible.

Christine
09-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Lion king decor is as bad as floppy bacon :ack:

Septbride2002
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I with John - I don't like my bacon to crispy.

Best of Ideas:
Resturant that gives the BEST Value for your $. Everyone can pick a TS and a CS. - I'm bitter about the changes at Whispering Canyon.

I think Ian is starting to rub off on Mel after these 39 podcast. She is really bringing the snark factor :)

I mean that as a compliment!

~Amanda

Dopey's Girl
09-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Those pics give me a migraine. Seriously horrific. And I think calling that snot green is an insult to snot...

Christine
09-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Those pics give me a migraine. Seriously horrific. And I think calling that snot green is an insult to snot...

Bahahaha!!

DisneyDINK
09-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah, regarding the pics (thanks again MJ) the decor is a bit of a faux-pas.

WDW has all of these great themed resorts all over the property. The rooms for the most part are tastefully decorated and harmonious. Let's give Disney a big round of applause!

...but yeah, the pics of these LionKing rooms are like an interior decorating train wreck; I can't look away! All of this strange, busy, jungle themed "furniture" and carpet next to the stark white/off-white walls. Maybe all of the jungly colors would work if the walls were some other color, but... then again... I'd like to use one of those homestore or paint websites to change the wall color until I found something that would tie this goofy (no offense :goofy:) color palette together.

Again, let's cut Disney some slack. This is a value resort which is supposed to be fun, functional cheesy-whimsy. Will the kids staying there really care if the decor is a bit off? Probably not.

They slip up from time to time, and when they do, at least it is fun to rip on them a bit. :mickey:

Quadstriker
09-22-2012, 03:27 AM
lol @ anyone even remotely liking limpy undercooked bacon.

MNNHFLTX
09-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh my, those rooms--looks liks they based the color scheme on something Simba regurgitated. What were they thinking??

AgentC
09-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh my, those rooms--looks liks they based the color scheme on something Simba regurgitated. What were they thinking??

That no one will want to stay in their rooms and instead will spend more time and money in the parks. :D

dpamac
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Again, let's cut Disney some slack. This is a value resort which is supposed to be fun, functional cheesy-whimsy. Will the kids staying there really care if the decor is a bit off? Probably not.

Just because they are a value resort doesn't mean that they have to be so...ugly. The other rooms are just as garish and over the top, but not in a way that is assaulting to the senses. They seem to fit. This one just looks like it should come with a warning that it may trigger seizures.

Quadstriker
09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I can't get over that picture of the bed. Oh my gosh. The colors! The patterns of the bedspread, floor, curtain, "headboard". Nothing looks like it should be in the same room.

Ian
09-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Oh, gosh, those LAMPS in the master bedroom...

Terrible.

Just...terrible.Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy ... that's my line!!! :thedolls:

But you pronounced it wrong ... it's "turble." Or maybe "terrble." I'm not sure ...

Quadstriker
09-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Charles Barkley would agree with "turrabull" and then call someone a "knucklehead."

BrerGnat
09-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy ... that's my line!!! :thedolls:

But you pronounced it wrong ... it's "turble." Or maybe "terrble." I'm not sure ...

I was emulating you, Ian! Duh!

Melanie
09-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Bumping this up for any more "Best of" suggestions.

:bump:

BrerGnat
09-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Bumping this up for any more "Best of" suggestions.

:bump:

Best of: Preshow for an attraction.

taleasoldastime
09-23-2012, 12:23 PM
wow that room is horrific. It's like they didn't put any thought into it at all! They just thought "lets put a bunch of safari print stuff in the room, add some wall stickers, and call it a day." They didn't even attempt to match it.
what the heck disney. :(

Biffco189
09-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Best of suggestion... Best of Attraction Host/Narrator.

Jim&AngieMarriner
09-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Ok the rooms, we vote YUCK as well.

New Best of Ideas: (If someone else suggested these earlier and I didnt notice.... woops)

1. Best activities while on Property (ie Hidden Mickeys, PIn trading)

2. Best use of themeing on an attraction

3. Ride/attraction that Best stays true to their movie/show that spwaned them.

4. Favorite Classic Disney animated short (example Lonesome Ghosts from 1937 or How to play Baseball (staring Goofy) from 1942.

5. Favorite Disney live action movie. i.e. Apple Dumpling Gang or Shaggy Dog

Not to turn the podcast into a Negitive rant thing but a Worst of list could be a decent idea :thedolls:. If nothing else, listing the worst of different things could spare others the pain of experiencing the Not so Good stuff. For example, Worst Cheeseburger, Worst Merchandise store, Worst parade, ect

disneykidsince1970
09-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Best decision you would make if you were in charge at.... MK, DL, etc.

Best m housekeeping experience

Best lobby ambience

Best intercot tip ( start a thread for people to post and you guys vote)

Best special tour (keys to kingdom, living seas, setways, etc)

Best way/spot to keep cool in the park (besides leave to go for a swim!)

Best annual photo spot/type (Santa hats while riding dumbo! Main street in the morning with castle in background, beach shot at grand fla, )

...agree that 1 worst of wouldn't be too bad!

Melanie
09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
disneykidssince1970, we taped last night, and I think you'll like our choice. :thumbsup: Plus, it led to much mischief and comedy. :funny:

Dopey's Girl
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
disneykidssince1970, we taped last night, and I think you'll like our choice. :thumbsup: Plus, it led to much mischief and comedy. :funny:

Yeah! I love when you all are michevious. Makes listening so much fun! Better warn the cube neighbors at work....:cool:

disneykidsince1970
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM

OH!! The anticipation......!! :thumbsup:

mjm
09-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Showed my wife the photos of the rooms and she couldn't believe how bad they were either.

Also, you don't have to say what date you're recording as long as John can keep to the posting schedule he's been doing. Over the summer it just seemed like there was a long delay between when you met and when John posted the podcast. At least that's the impression I got from the news items you were discussing. Plus, you could just put the date in the notes and that'd be fine too!

And I predict that discussion about including the date of the podcast will get 5 minutes of discussion on podcast 41, since it sounds like you've already recorded another.

Melanie
09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
And I predict that discussion about including the date of the podcast will get 5 minutes of discussion on podcast 41, since it sounds like you've already recorded another.

LOL! It's been a fun topic Mark. Plus, I like to razz John about it. ;) Actually, I think we maybe discussed it one time, and that allowed Gary to get in his time and temp update. hehe

Carol
09-27-2012, 03:06 PM
. Actually, I think we maybe discussed it one time, and that allowed Gary to get in his time and temp update. heheWe did.

Although, Ms. Tick Tock was obviously vacationing in Bermuda with balmy temps. :sun:

dpamac
09-28-2012, 10:00 PM
We did.

Although, Ms. Tick Tock was obviously vacationing in Bermuda with balmy temps. :sun:

We may have to fire her.

Melanie
09-28-2012, 10:56 PM
We may have to fire her.

She seems to be unreliable.

bleukarma
09-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys for using my suggestion and for mentioning me!! :blush:

I actually suggested this topic because I dont eat much breakfast at Disney. When I do it's usually Mickey waffles at the resort quick serve or a bakery item at Main Street bakery. So, my favorite would have to be Mickey waffles (from anywhere) with sausage because I like sausage better then bacon *gasp!*

I've heard that Boma has a good breakfast, but it didn't make the list. It's still on my wish list of things to try.

That could be a Best Of: Best of Disney wish list items. (i.e. tours you haven't done but would like to. Restaurants you havent ate at but would like to.)

Gary, I swear I have traveled to Disney before and the roads were blocked off because of a bike race.

dpamac
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Gary, I swear I have traveled to Disney before and the roads were blocked off because of a bike race.

There's never been one I've heard of and I've looked. It's possible they may have a charity event like a Tour de Cure that's located on property thought.

WDW property is one of those places we cyclists try to warn other cyclists about. It's not for bikes with no shoulder, busy roads, buses, tourists who don't know where they are going making sudden lane changes. We always send them to local bike clubs to keep them off those roads on their vacations.

Septbride2002
10-02-2012, 06:57 AM
didn't Disney host an annual tri-anthalon (sp?). I could of sworn I read that somewhere before you weren't allowed to swim in the lake...

~Amanda

SBETigg
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
didn't Disney host an annual tri-anthalon (sp?). I could of sworn I read that somewhere before you weren't allowed to swim in the lake...

~Amanda

In general, you're not. They will allow it in certain circumstances where the risk isn't as great, and you're still proceeding at your own caution.

The reasoning for the ban is that there's an amoeba in standing water, mostly a danger in warm states, that can be splashed into your brain, causing death. The risk is greater when the water is stirred up from the bottom and heavy splashing occurs. I think in a triathlon situation, the swimmers are on the surface, not diving down, so it is allowed. But for the general guest population, you can't control how guests decide to swim if you allow swimming at all, thus the ban. Which is actually state of FL controlled and not just a Disney thing, from what I've heard.

dpamac
10-07-2012, 05:48 PM
In general, you're not. They will allow it in certain circumstances where the risk isn't as great, and you're still proceeding at your own caution.

The reasoning for the ban is that there's an amoeba in standing water, mostly a danger in warm states, that can be splashed into your brain, causing death. The risk is greater when the water is stirred up from the bottom and heavy splashing occurs. I think in a triathlon situation, the swimmers are on the surface, not diving down, so it is allowed. But for the general guest population, you can't control how guests decide to swim if you allow swimming at all, thus the ban. Which is actually state of FL controlled and not just a Disney thing, from what I've heard.

I generally find brain eating amoebas a vacation killer and/or perfect vehicle for a new species.

JMTStone
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
A different take on Lion King.....

We're staying in the AoA Family Suite for the ICOT 15 meet. We are HUGE Lion King fans.

I love the Animal Kingdom theme and there is even some Lion King items when you stay at AKL.

I think what they were going for was the "Just Can't Wait to be King" song with the vibrant colors.

Note I would *NOT* put these items in my home.

I understand its not for everyone but I'll bring back my opinions on staying there for waking up there 3 mornings.

SBETigg
10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
My problem with the AoA rooms that I have seen now (Lion King and Little Mermaid) is that they look cheap. To me. Hey, I'm as happy to wake up and know I'm at Disney as anyone here but-- can't they do it with some class and style? These look like a cheesy 70s roadside theme motel, to me, and not Disney. I expected better. A value resort doesn't have to scream cheap, even with character motifs. Maybe the pictures aren't doing it justice.

2Epcot
10-17-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm behind on the Intercot Podcasts, so I'm still getting caught up. Just wanted to add I enjoyed having Christine on this one. A little competition for Mel, who has always been my favorite podcast voice. (I love the Southern accents).