PDA

View Full Version : Best place to watch the NSSHP parade?

asrai555
09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
It's or first trip in 3 years and or first time at NSSHP on 9/28. What the best place to watch the parade and how long in advance should we stake out a good spot?

We are traveling with a 7 yo, a 9 yo and a 7 month old. Is it insane to consider the later parade?

:mickey:

asrai555
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Also do we need to bring out own trick or treat bags to collect candy or do they give them out?

Main Street Jim
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
It's or first trip in 3 years and or first time at NSSHP on 9/28. What the best place to watch the parade and how long in advance should we stake out a good spot?

We are traveling with a 7 yo, a 9 yo and a 7 month old. Is it insane to consider the later parade?

:mickey:

do we need to bring out own trick or treat bags to collect candy or do they give them out? Not insane at all to consider the later parade. BUT - seeing that you have young(er) children, what are the plans for the earlier part of the day? Going to another park? Something else?

Just a suggestion: If it were me and my family, we'd head back to the resort (if you're staying on property) for a mid-afternoon break/nap for the little ones. You can head over to MK as early as 4:00pm and get in with JUST your party tickets (and not your regular park passes). If you're staying for the later parade, you shouldn't have to stake out a parade spot more than about 15-30 minutes before parade time. My preferred spot? In Liberty Square, on the "Liberty Tree Tavern' side of the parade route, with the Haunted Mansion in the background :)

As for Trick or Treat bags, you *can* bring your own (they'll probably hold more candy!), but, they are also handed out when you come into the park and get your wristbands (which, again, you can get starting as early as 4:00pm; ask a CM - or someone on Intercot) for wristband locations).

Have fun!

asrai555
09-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Plan for earlier part of day is to slow start it, breakfast and pool time at resort. Quiet time at around 2, snag bus at around 3 ish, and hope they let us Ina touch early.

I could never do two parks in 1 day with an infant. :mickey:

asrai555
09-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Jim if I don't think we are going to make the later parade is 15-20 minutes still a good amount of time to stake out a spot?

MNNHFLTX
09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Jim if I don't think we are going to make the later parade is 15-20 minutes still a good amount of time to stake out a spot?
If you are considering seeing the earlier parade you will have to stake out a spot much earlier than that, at least 45 minutes to an hour ahead of time if you want to have the stroller and kids up front where they can see. Even at the later parade I would say that you should find a good spot 30 minutes in advance.

We like to watch from Frontierland, it seems less congested there than in the Liberty Square and castle area.

Disney Doll
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I also recommend Frontierland. We always attend the early parade and grab a spot around 45 minutes prior. That gives us time to hit up the snack carts and buy our light toys. Really the wait goes by very quickly.