PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking

TinkerbellT421
09-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Wasn't there a scrapbooking thread like eons ago here on the boards?

I'm an avid obsessed scrapbooker. Are there any others out there?

And, if so, are you like me? Have a million projects or ideas in your head or incomplete albums but just cannot find the time to complete?

Sometimes, I feel like I have an attention issue....like my trip reports, I start them, I get sidetracked, LOOK a squirrel!, and then bam 9 months later I'm like wow I never finished it!

Dsnygirl
09-15-2012, 10:12 PM
And, if so, are you like me? Have a million projects or ideas in your head or incomplete albums but just cannot find the time to complete?

:blush: Yup, that's me... LOVE to scrapbook, haven't found time in ages and am SOOO behind!! I'll see what I can do to maybe make this thread a "sticky" thread so we (and others like us, I KNOW they're out there... ;)) can support each other to get our projects done!! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
09-15-2012, 10:24 PM
:blush: Yup, that's me... LOVE to scrapbook, haven't found time in ages and am SOOO behind!! I'll see what I can do to maybe make this thread a "sticky" thread so we (and others like us, I KNOW they're out there... ;)) can support each other to get our projects done!! :thumbsup:

That would be awesome! And I'm so glad to see I'm not alone. I have to finish my cat album, my family album and about five Disney albums, sigh, I will never get to them all!!!! lol.

Dsnygirl
09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I still have to finish our family album from 2010, start 2011 and trying to not even think about the fact that we're 3/4 of the way thru 2012!! Plus, I have two Disney trips to do, a "couple's Disney trip" to do and now an upcoming trip coming!! AAAACCKKK!! :crazy:

Seriously thinking about doing a couple of "online albums" thru Snapfish or the like... not the ones you keep online, but the hardcover ones you do online and they send to you... at first, I thought they'd be SO expensive, but when I add up the cost of all the supplies I use for my paper albums, they're actually cheaper in the long run. It just takes me WAY longer to spend the $$ on the paper ones!! ;)

TinkerbellT421
09-15-2012, 10:54 PM
I still have to finish our family album from 2010, start 2011 and trying to not even think about the fact that we're 3/4 of the way thru 2012!! Plus, I have two Disney trips to do, a "couple's Disney trip" to do and now an upcoming trip coming!! AAAACCKKK!! :crazy:

Seriously thinking about doing a couple of "online albums" thru Snapfish or the like... not the ones you keep online, but the hardcover ones you do online and they send to you... at first, I thought they'd be SO expensive, but when I add up the cost of all the supplies I use for my paper albums, they're actually cheaper in the long run. It just takes me WAY longer to spend the $$ on the paper ones!! ;)

I've thought about doing that as well, only problem is, I love designing with brads, buttons, jewels etc, and I collect pretty much anything glue able for my albums lol. I raid napkins, coasters, anything possible from restaurants, I even have dbf collecting things for me! :blush: hopefully he doesn't see I said that he wouldn't want his man-card revoked! I really need a swift kick to get me back in the groove!

Dsnygirl
09-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I raid napkins, coasters, anything possible from restaurants, I even have dbf collecting things for me! :blush: hopefully he doesn't see I said that he wouldn't want his man-card revoked!

LOL!! MY DH is totally trained on this... he grabs napkins, signs, etc., for me w/o me even asking now!! Esp. at Disney, there are so many cool things everywhere!! (and :D on the man-card comment, my DH says the same all the time... )

And YEAH!! We got sticky'd!! :silly: Thanks Melanie!

Melanie
09-15-2012, 11:02 PM

I only live to serve..... ;)

TinkerbellT421
09-15-2012, 11:09 PM
LOL!! MY DH is totally trained on this... he grabs napkins, signs, etc., for me w/o me even asking now!! Esp. at Disney, there are so many cool things everywhere!! (and :D on the man-card comment, my DH says the same all the time... )

Hehe!!! thank you Mel!!!

Too funny Blythe! DBF will be happy to know he's not alone! and I know he is going to see this post because a) he picks on me about pretty much anytime I'm wrong so I know he scopes out my posts b) maybe this will entice him to comment seeing I threw him under the bus :) lol! One day I went to the bathroom at a restaurant I think it was 1900 park fare? I forget which one but when I came back he was all excited and said look they have signature napkins! And showed me the paper napkins with their actual name and signature on it except for the generic Disney ones! I was like awwwww! And I love when he looks at something and grabs it and goes I know you would love this for your scrapbook! Lol our men are too cute ;)

Zippy 1
09-16-2012, 01:26 AM
I have 3 disney trips to finish, my daughters skating album is 4 years behind and I have no ides how far behind the family album is. My DD 18 graduated in May and I have not even started her senior year album. I have done several albums/books on shutterfly. I love how they have come out. I used some many pictures!

Kenny1113
09-16-2012, 06:18 AM
I love the IDEA of scrap booking. I have purchased the albums...that's about as far as I have gotten. :blush: There's the time factor(not enough of it ;) ) and I think I am intimidated because I am not a creative person.

Cool thread! :)

TheVBs
09-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Since the girls have been back in school I have attacked the scrapbook project and am now only slightly under a year behind! :D I used to do separate family, portrait and trip books. Now they're all going in together.

I actually tried to move away from the scrapbooking and into photobooks exclusively. I love that it's easy for me to add my trip journal entries into the photobooks and I can fit more pictures in. And it's so much cheaper!!

However, I can't fit in those tangible things we bring home, tickets, napkins, etc. Or programs from the girls shows and events. I love the hubby comments!! Mine automatically collects that stuff for me too, especially at WDW. :cloud9: I could take pictures of that stuff to include in the photobooks, but I know I wouldn't throw the actual items away, so then what?

I did a photobook of our last Disney trip and then put all of the souvenirs and extra, duplicate pictures I had in the scrapbook. So, still ended up with several Disney pages in spite of doing the photobook. :blush: What can you do?

TheVBs
09-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I love the IDEA of scrap booking. I have purchased the albums...that's about as far as I have gotten. :blush: There's the time factor(not enough of it ;) ) and I think I am intimidated because I am not a creative person.

Cool thread! :)

I know what you mean! I was attracted to scrapbooking because I felt like all of the stuff available looked so good put together that it didn't matter that I'm not creative. :blush: And I love the 3D effect. I also love that it's sort of a "year at a glance" kind of thing. You're hitting the highlights as opposed to looking through several photo albums, which I do anyway too.

But, you can quickly feel overwhelmed by it! My suggestion would be to find something to organize your stuff for each page in, like an accordion folder. That way you just pull it out and start doing your pages.

TinkerbellT421
09-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe we can do a scrapbooking challenge of some sort! We can't post pics of them, but we could post a day or vacation or something and say get one page done this week for your favorite picture and everyone posts their day they choose, how they dressed up the page, products they used and let each other know we completed it! But it's a general idea, not sure how it would work or to get it to fruition but it's a thought lol. Any ideas?

I was first thinking if we could post pictures we could pick a winner, most votes count and then the winner can pick the next page challenge. If we all work towards a goal maybe we can all help each other finish some pages!

TheDuckRocks
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
I have been doing scrapebooking for so many years with family photos there wasn't a name for it or materials that you could purchase. I would just buy a 3 hole binder and cover it with fabric, used all kinds of things for the paper and the do-dads. Went from there to getting "the real stuff". I am now at the stage that I am using Shutterfly on a regular basis. So fast, I can get one done in 2 or 3 days. The product they put out is really good and they take up so much less space. Last year I even did 2 volumes of a family cookbook that included family photos, more to come as I get more receipes. When I want something with goodies and depth I am now doing mixed media collageing. It's all fun and keeps this little old lady off the streets and out of bars.:D

ElenitaB
09-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I think the idea of a scrapbook challenge is fun. I no longer do paper scrapbooking and have gone totally digital. That said, it's been awhile and i would really love to get some of those old projects finished.

Pongo
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I am an avid scrapbooker and still like doing it the old fashioned way. I just did my first digital album as Shutterfly offered me a free book and while I love the size and the fact that it will sit nicely on a book shelf, I am going to stick to the other method. It means always carrying a memorabilia envelope when I travel to keep things in good condition, but I love the results. I am a little behind (what scrapbooker isn't) but once the holidays are over I am going to try to do a little at least one weekend a month.

Lindsey310
10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm obsessed with pictures and preserving memories. That being said, I have no patience for scrapbooking (wish I did!!!) so I usually either print out the pics from my camera and place them in an album by date (each trip has their own album) or I recently started making books on shutter fly. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
10-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Wow, I just clicked on the MyScrapNook pop up on the top of the Intercot page and it looks really interesting. Don't have the time to really get into it today but am looking forward to seeing more about how it works. Let me know if any of the rest of you have any experience with this website - good or bad, please.

TheVBs
10-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I know I haven't posted here, but this thread got me moving! For the first time in years I'm actually caught up! For a given value of "caught up" of course. I have two more things from this summer to do and one just from this month. :)

MelissaW
11-06-2012, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=Dsnygirl;2302382]I still have to finish our family album from 2010, start 2011 and trying to not even think about the fact that we're 3/4 of the way thru 2012!! Plus, I have two Disney trips to do, a "couple's Disney trip" to do and now an upcoming trip coming!! AAAACCKKK!! :crazy:

I'm right there with ya Blythe! I have the baby album purchased all of the embellishments, borders, papers, doo-dads, etc. I even have the pics categorized, and embellishments for things like pregnancy, birth, baptism, first haircut, etc. etc. and my DD is.....10! Geesh! Plus, I have three Disney Albums bought and of course all of the "stuffing" for those as well - all in my scrapbooking closet. Good intentions and things bought... ;)

Flower
12-28-2012, 11:05 PM
That's really funny! I haven't been 'here' in a long time and I pop in tonight and see this thread. I had started a monthly scrapbook challenge in 2008. Now seems like a good time to re-start with a new year around the corner!

I had started January 2008 off with a character LO challenge, nice and simple and everyone has pics of characters!

I now do a year in review and have the books printed via Shutterfly. I will also do a Shutterfly book for big trips. I only scrapbook special moments/events as it is way too much to scrap a whole trip.

Caroleh
01-23-2013, 09:30 PM
I also haven't been "here" in a very long time, and I have given up with my scrap booking. Somewhere along the line my creativity for scrap booking up and left. I'm so far behind it isn't funny. I started doing a project and never finished. I was going to dedicate a separate album for different things, I.e. one for the animals(because I never get enough of DAK & AKL, one for characters, one for resorts, etc, then I can add to them for different trips. One of these days I should do something, if I wasn't so busy doing other things!!

TheVBs
02-12-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm so happy to say that I'm up to Oct. 2012! :D It feels a lot more gratifying doing these pages while I still have a good memory of the event. :blush:

TinkerbellT421
02-12-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm so happy to say that I'm up to Oct. 2012! :D It feels a lot more gratifying doing these pages while I still have a good memory of the event. :blush:

:mickey::number1::thumbsup:

disneyfamilyforever
03-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Hello All,

I am just getting back into scrapbooking, as we just returned from a trip. I do it the old fashion way. I don't know how to do the digital stuff. Anywho, does anyone know where I can find some Merida/Brave items that are not digital? Thanks so much everyone.